Common Q&A : READ BEFORE POSTING!!! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Interior and Exterior Modifications (Show)

Interior and Exterior Modifications (Show) Body Kits, Lighting, Paint, Interior or other visual modification discussion here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Apple Addict

Tournaments Won: 8

Vehicle: 08 Dodge RAM 2500 CTD
Hints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond reputeHints_The_Name has a reputation beyond repute
Common Q&A : READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

In effort of cutting back with repeat questions. I have created a thread full of questions asked more than a few times, and the answers to those questions.

Questions have been placed in categories as to what they refer too, and some questions may appear in more than one category.

GENERAL QUESTION---

Q: Is it safe to buy parts from eBay?

A: It varies for what product you are buying, but many agree that is not always the smartest idea. Buying from reputable members or vendors will cut your chances from being scammed and also receiving a no-name brand part built poorly. A part built poorly, can affect how you car runs and drives.

BODY KITS & VISUAL BODY MODIFICATIONS---

Q: What is a body kit?

A: A body kit, is an aftermarket exterior modification typically consisting of a front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and fender flare(only on a widebody body kit).

Q: What is the best body kit?

A: It really depends, on the style you are going for. Some prefer a more calm, and relaxed(NOT FLASHY) body kit, while some prefer a extravagant, and flashy body kit.

Q: Where can I buy a body kit?

A: There are many places to buy a body kit. From a member of the site in “Automotive For Sale” section, from Eclipse4Eva(E4E) via PM, or Vendor Section, or from online sites such as AutoCityImports, Ilovebodykits.com, and many more.

Q: How much does a body kit cost?

A: It depends on which body kit you buy, some range from $500 to $1500. Look at question “Where can I buy a bodykit?” for places to pick out your style body kit, and the price. A good thing to remember is that body kits are expensive to ship, and are shipped unpainted unless stated otherwise.

Q: How much does a body kit cost to be painted?

A: It depends on the region your from, what shop you use, and how many pieces you need painted. Contact your local body painting shop for an estimate.

Q: What spoiler is the best?

A: Same as body kits, choose an online store or visit “Automotive For Sale” section, and choose your style of spoiler. Some prefer a large flashy spoiler, while other like a smaller more calm spoiler. Remember most spoilers, come unpainted and you will have to responsibility of getting it painted. Refer to "How much does a body kit cost to be painted?" for where you can get them painted.

Q: Which is better coilovers or springs?

A: Coilovers are better as they replace your stock struts and are adjustable, but are much more expensive than springs. Springs, tend to be hard on your struts but are a affordable solution.

Q: What brand of springs is best?

A: It always been a debate, springs vary by height of the drop, and that will most likely determine the brand you use. Eibach, Tein, and Progress seem to be the brands most use. Look through the “Members Rides” section to see photos of each drop.

PAINTING/TINTING---

Q: What can I use to tint or blackout my headlights and taillights?

A: There are several techniques you can use to tint/black out your headlight, and taillights. This would include getting your taillights and headlights painted in a black, most choose Mitsubishi Kalapana Black(paint code X13). You can also you VIS Nightshades(spray on tint), Cling tint from Walmart or automotive store, and also from a professional tint. Please check your local laws before attempting.

Q: What paint can I use for painting my wheels?

A: You can use a couple methods, you can buy new wheels the color you wish, but more practical methods would consist of powercoating, or spray painting with a Dupli-color wheels paint and clearcoat spray after paint with Dupli-color.

Q: What are the paint codes for my Eclipse?

A: There is a thread by a reputable member Slippercream, located at the following link. http://club4g.org/board/show/3041-4g-paint-codes.html

Q: Where can I get my windows tinted?

A: You can go to a professional tint shop to get your windows tinted, or go with a store bought cling tint from Walmart or automotive store.

Q: What does 20% tint mean?

A: The percent of tint you do is how dark your tint is ranging from 100%(no tint) being the lightest to 1%(full tint) being the darkest. Most state have laws on how much tint( % of light blockage) they allow and consider legal.

LIGHTING---

Q: What can I use to tint or blackout my headlights and taillights?

A: There are several techniques you can use to tint/black out your headlight, and taillights. This would include getting your taillights and headlights painted in a black, most choose Mitsubishi Kalapana Black(paint code X13). You can also you VIS Nightshades(spray on tint), Cling tint from Walmart or automotive store, and also from a professional tint. Please check your local laws before attempting.

Q: What are fog lights?

A: Fog lights, are lights mounted towards the bottom of the front bumper on the right and left side, designed to penetrate fog in bad conditions. You can use circular universal fog lights from Autozone, Pep Boys, and many other automotive stores. You can also go the OEM route, by purchasing from your local Mitsubishi Dealership.

Q: What is a halo projector?

A: A halo, is a ring of light around the main bulb. A projector, is a type of headlight that produces a stronger beam of light, in a more focused area compared to a standard parabolic headlights.

Q: What are HID bulbs?

A: HID stands for High Intensity Discharge bulbs. HIDs are available in many temps ranging from 6000K-12000K are the most common. The higher the temp, the brighter the bulb, also the higher the temp you will notice a more blue tint. FLGTeclipse is a reputable member on this site, that sells HID kits for $90.

SUSPENSION---

Q: Which is better coilovers or springs?

A: Coilovers are better as they replace your stock struts and are adjustable, but are much more expensive than springs. Springs, tend to be hard on your struts but are a affordable solution.

Q: What brand of springs is best?

A: It always been a debate, springs vary by height of the drop, and that will most likely determine the brand you use. Eibach, Tein, and Progress seem to be the brands most use. Look through the “Members Rides” section to see photos of each drop.

Please PM me, if you think of any questions you would like me too add
Hints_The_Name is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
aftermarket, body, body kits, bulb, bumper, car, eclipse, eibach, fog, good, halo, headlights, hid, lighting, mitsubishi, parts, pick, projector, show, spoiler, springs, stock, struts, suspension, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.