Been Wondering - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Community Chat > The Lounge

The Lounge This forum is a serious, deep thought and more profound version of Off Topic. No flaming, whoring, trolling or senseless threads allowed!

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deez Nutz

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Manual
adamcky90 will become famous soon enough
Been Wondering

Ok I am financing my 4G right now I paid $14k when I got it, maybe a few hundred more. I have had the car for a year now, I figure I still owe about $11,500 on it with interest. Now what if I find some one with a WRX lets just say that is interested in trading for my car. What happens to my payments, I know I would still have to pay them but how would this all work, I should probably know this stuff but I dont . Thanks guys, like I said I am just curious.
adamcky90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Well you would probably have to gt a new loan for the wrx and he would have to get a loan for the amount owed on the eclipse and pay off yours. Or you would have to get a new loan for that amount, without the eclipse as collateral and pay the eclipse loan off. Of course it depends on his credit not only yours depending on the route you take. Because if your loan is not paid off, he can't get the title to the car, meaning it is still your car technically. Which can throw crazy shit when it comes to registrtion etc. Also because you have a loan on the car that would mean the other guy would have to be paying full coverage insurance, in your name, which is a huge no no. I suggest talking to a loan officer at the bank you are financed through right now about what route would be best to go. Also tt the WRX guy and see what he thinks.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deez Nutz

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Manual
adamcky90 will become famous soon enough
Ok thanks I appreciate it, all this loan stuff confuses the hell out of me. I wish I wouldnt have taken a loan out in the first place, but I had no choice.
adamcky90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Der Stro is on a distinguished road
Unless you're going through a dealer there is no real way to trade a car that you're paying off because you technically don't own it yet, the lien holder (bank) does. Talk to your loan officer and see if you can get a loan for the WRX and pay off your Eclipse with it but that's unlikely. Good luck with whatever you're able to do, I also almost bought a WRX before I found the eclipse.
Der Stro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
yes no maybe so

Vehicle: '11 Eclipse GS Sport
sdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nicesdrn is just really nice
carmax will take over your loan and give you some money on it, but yea they will rip you off im sure

Tags
car, stuff, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.