How To Guide Changing Windshield Washer Fluid Nozzles - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Do It Yourself Guides (Howto) > Maintenance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Derek
Vehicle: 06 Gs Auto
derek-g will become famous soon enough
Changing Windshield Washer Fluid Nozzles

Well I had one break on me randomly so I had to order some new ones and I figured I'd make a how to to help anyone out who needs to change these even tho you wont need to change them maybe once in your cars life time ha.

You'll need:
A wrench(I used a 12mm)
Pliers
Your new nozzles obviously
(2) small zip ties the smallest you can find is best
A little patience

I first started with taking out the original nozzles. To do this just pop your hood and take your pliers and twist the bottom of the nozzle from under the hood. This will break the nozzles and they will fall out. Then pull off any remaining pieces connected to the two hoses. Put your new nozzles thru and on top of your hood, don't worry about where theyre positioned bc it'll change as you tighten them down. Then use the nut and rubber washer they provide and put them on the bottom of the nozzle so that you can tighten them down. Once you get tight enough you cant use your finger anymore break out the wrench. I held the top of the nozzle to make the tightening easier. Then reposition the nozzle on the hood so it is facing the windshield and where you want it. I got the led nozzles but have not wired the leds yet so for now theyre just tucked under the hood. Finally take the two zip ties and tie them around the hose to your new nozzle bc theyre aftermarket and dont hold the hose on theyre quite snug enough. Then drop your hood and turn your key so you can check out your new nozzles and make sure they spray correctly. To adjust the height take a needle and put it into the two holes on each nozzle and adjust them up or down or side to side if need be. The stream is decent, it's not like the oem ones that flow all over its more of a piss stream haha. But enjoy and I hope this helps. Here's the pics

http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...clipse-gs.html
derek-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

This is just like the ones I bought btw, they are universal

2x Toyota Black Windshield Washer Jet Spray Nozzle Wiper White LED (1x Pair) | eBay

Old August 28th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
marksmitsu219 has a spectacular aura about
what about the rear one? any info on removing that?
marksmitsu219 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry man I only had to replace the front two

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Old August 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
amb7247 is on a distinguished road
how do these windshield nozzles remove and install

Got my windshield nozzles today. new hoses already attached to them.

Now in another thread, I saw where a derek-g stuck some pliers under the nozzle and said to twist them.

So all I have to do is grab the tabs or just bottom of the nozzle where the hose plugs in?

And to install do they new ones just pop straight in?

This is probably simple stuff but I can make a simple project a hard one lol.

Last edited by amb7247; August 29th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
amb7247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes all you'll have to do is take pliers and twist the bottom loose it will break the nozzle and then just go towards installin your new ones

Old August 30th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
amb7247 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a quick and easy job. yeah I got them from the site that included the hose already attached to the nozzle. So I already know thier getting a snug fit. Even the bag says genuine OEM with the part # on theb bag. Each nozzle/hose came in it's own bag. Those LED seem cool, but I wouldn't need them lol.
amb7247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Ben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
TyziskBen is on a distinguished road
I just had my passenger side spray nozzle break on me (the piece under the hood that attaches to the hose cracked and fell off). I want to try the black w/white LED ones...but cant find any. I asked the seller if he could mix/match for me-waiting to hear back. Have you guys found any others with a black/white LED combo?

Also, has anyone actually used the LED on these? How does it look/work? How have the spray nozzles held up compare to OEM?
TyziskBen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
exl

Name: EXL
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
exl is on a distinguished road
Passenger side right or left?

My passenger side wiper nozzle hose broke off & I'd like to replace it. Looking at the parts list, they have part #8265A047 for the left and part # 8265A048 for the right. Is the passenger side considered the right side? I want to make sure I order the right part. Can someone please help? Thanks!
exl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
145, aftermarket, cars, drop, fluid, hood, how to, led, leds, life, oem, original, pop, qui, rubber, top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.