Jazz Black Viper - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2016, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Name: Jazziat
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GT
Jazziat is on a distinguished road
Jazz Black Viper

Hello everyone,

It was a dream for me to own one day an Eclipse GT, i am originally Egyptian, who lived in Cairo, Paris, London & finally Dubai UAE.

When i came here, i started searching for the car until i managed 2 month ago to buy my sweet car

This is my car photo when i bought it at the beginning.

I am planning for some future modifications in the car.

Lets see and discuss some technical issues related to this lovely Mitsu

Regards
Jazziat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eclipse.jpg (52.0 KB, 57 views)
Jazziat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2016, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Since a week, i have made up my mind and replaced the old original Enkei 18 inch rims and tires (tires were in a very bad condition when i bought the car already).

And i directed my efforts to the 20 inch wheels, and i managed to find a very good deal of Vossen`s 20 CV7

Lets see your opinions

Thanks
Jazziat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161024_072801.jpg (56.7 KB, 60 views)
Old November 8th, 2016, 02:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Now i have some budget for other modification, its either i go for the Air Intake system, which after come research i decided to go for the DC 4007 Kit CAI

Or i would spend the money for the suspension lowering, and here we have couple of options which i am still discovering and studying:

1- Lowering springs, however, the problem is that i have measured the wheel height space from the fender, and its almost 7.5 CM (3 inch), most of the sold springs reduces 1.75 to 2 inches, which is quite not enough compared to the wheel size.
PS: only found a chinese made springs on EBay reducing 2,5 inch ... i don`t think personally shocks will hold this amount, they might not even hold the 2 inch lowering !!

Any ideas about that ???

2- 2nd option would be to search in the aftermarket or a Used Coilovers, as i cant afford a brand new kit, which will go to around 1500 USD (including the shipping & customs).
The question is, if i couldn`t find used coilovers ... what are the other options

Old November 8th, 2016, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse GT/Spider
Joetor will become famous soon enough
Hey Jazziat, congrats!, looks really nice with those 20'', if you will go for the CAI you should as well upgrade the exhaust, they go together, I would go with new coilovers, if you can not buy it now, wait and save, used ones I don't think so, unless you now from where/who they are coming from, that's MY OPINION, I also notice you are parking in an area intended for disabled people, are you disabled?...

Last edited by Joetor; November 8th, 2016 at 02:03 PM.
Joetor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ricer

6 Highscores

Name: James
Vehicle: 2009 GS
Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2 Sabertooth^2
I have the Tein S-Tech and it drops 2.6" front 2.5" back. Coilovers would be a better go though, as they come with adjustable height, and the struts are better made for it than OEM

But, they work decently. I just don't suggest a low exhaust if you get it, as you will scrape it endlessly

My Build Thread
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Looks great! Can't wait to see what's in store for this car
Old November 9th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetor View Post
Hey Jazziat, congrats!, looks really nice with those 20'', if you will go for the CAI you should as well upgrade the exhaust, they go together, I would go with new coilovers, if you can not buy it now, wait and save, used ones I don't think so, unless you now from where/who they are coming from, that's MY OPINION, I also notice you are parking in an area intended for disabled people, are you disabled?...
That kind of a long Story, i had an accident 5 years ago in my old BMW E-21 Alpina, was running 235 KM back in Egypt, and the accident was quite heavy, had 3 surgeries in my left leg with 35 nails and screws in the Femur and Tibia.

So sometimes i do feel quite pain, when i do so, i park in the disabled area, However, because i walk like 75% normal, they don't consider me disabled in the UAE, as if disabled person should only be using a wheelchair !!!

I can sometime freeze in my plan without being able to move !!

Back to the Eclipse, yeah the 20 inch looks lovely, actually i had limited choices here, i would have gone to another look if i had the budget to import, but budget was quite tight !! So Vossen is fine

Actually, coilovers are very expensive, i wanted to do so, but ohh shiit, not gonne pay 1500 USD for a kit.

I do understand a bit in cars so i will check the options and if i can`t find a proper condition used coils, then i will have to go for new Megan kit

For the exhaust, it will come later, one step then another .. cant afford everything together i just got married one year ago, and honestly, wife is going to turn made with all these expenses .. despite the fact that she adores the car and she wants to join me in races.

Regards
Jazz

Last edited by Jazziat; November 9th, 2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old November 9th, 2016, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
I have the Tein S-Tech and it drops 2.6" front 2.5" back. Coilovers would be a better go though, as they come with adjustable height, and the struts are better made for it than OEM

But, they work decently. I just don't suggest a low exhaust if you get it, as you will scrape it endlessly
I have seen it before and its an option honestly, let me ask you, what is the impact of using this spring kit on your shocks !!

I have been reading here and there, once you use springs more than 1.5 inch drop .. say bye bye to your shocks !! (correct me if wrong)

Can you share a photo for your car ... would love to see how it looks.

You are driving me to the idea by the way

Exhaust is a step later .. not sure when .. but on da way !!
Old November 9th, 2016, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonalgeier View Post
Looks great! Can't wait to see what's in store for this car
It was always a dream for me .. i have been an owner if CK4 Lancer Mitsu fully modified back in Egypt, i love Mitsubishi, and i always wanted to own Eclipse ... not EVO !!!

We had several EVO`s in Egypt (Not originals) but we never had even one single Eclipse car in Egypt ... and even if it was in Egypt, it would have costed me a fortune to buy one.

So when i came here in Dubai since almost 2 years back and i am saving and searching for the perfect condition Auto Trans one (problem in my leg) .. and finally i got it.

Lets see how it goes
Old November 9th, 2016, 11:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

a photo for the car same day of buying it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28749.jpg (66.6 KB, 40 views)
Old November 10th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziat View Post
That kind of a long Story, i had an accident 5 years ago in my old BMW E-21 Alpina, was running 235 KM back in Egypt, and the accident was quite heavy, had 3 surgeries in my left leg with 35 nails and screws in the Femur and Tibia.

So sometimes i do feel quite pain, when i do so, i park in the disabled area, However, because i walk like 75% normal, they don't consider me disabled in the UAE, as if disabled person should only be using a wheelchair !!!

I can sometime freeze in my plan without being able to move !!

Back to the Eclipse, yeah the 20 inch looks lovely, actually i had limited choices here, i would have gone to another look if i had the budget to import, but budget was quite tight !! So Vossen is fine

Actually, coilovers are very expensive, i wanted to do so, but ohh shiit, not gonne pay 1500 USD for a kit.

I do understand a bit in cars so i will check the options and if i can`t find a proper condition used coils, then i will have to go for new Megan kit

For the exhaust, it will come later, one step then another .. cant afford everything together i just got married one year ago, and honestly, wife is going to turn made with all these expenses .. despite the fact that she adores the car and she wants to join me in races.

Regards
Jazz
Sorry to hear about your accident, hopefully you will recover 100% very soon, thank you for sharing all this with us, you are a really open soul, back to the car, new Megan kit would be the way to go, there is no rush when modding, take your time...wish you all the best!
Old November 13th, 2016, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

It was quite an interesting weekend the last one.

I went to search for the coilovers, found quite plenty of them for several models and car makes .. Tein, HKS ... etc`s.

Couldn't find a match fit for the eclipse, however, found some close match fit, which means i will have to drill the lower end holes a little bit and then it would match my setup .. not a very big issue, bit still i wasn`t very much comfortable and wanted to take time to think about it.

however, it is extremely cheaper, used coilover kit will cost me around 300 USD with installation. / new one 1500 USD without installation.

During my trip to the land of spare parts in Sharjah "the nearby city of Dubai" where you can find most of your spare parts in the industrial area, i have found identical Vossen rims as mine but in different colour.

Check the photo and tell me which one is better, my current Gray one or the Silver one !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35089.jpg (58.1 KB, 41 views)
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazziat View Post
It was quite an interesting weekend the last one.

I went to search for the coilovers, found quite plenty of them for several models and car makes .. Tein, HKS ... etc`s.

Couldn't find a match fit for the eclipse, however, found some close match fit, which means i will have to drill the lower end holes a little bit and then it would match my setup .. not a very big issue, bit still i wasn`t very much comfortable and wanted to take time to think about it.

however, it is extremely cheaper, used coilover kit will cost me around 300 USD with installation. / new one 1500 USD without installation.

During my trip to the land of spare parts in Sharjah "the nearby city of Dubai" where you can find most of your spare parts in the industrial area, i have found identical Vossen rims as mine but in different colour.

Check the photo and tell me which one is better, my current Gray one or the Silver one !!
The grey ones...no doubt!
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetor View Post
The grey ones...no doubt!
Same mindset
I love the gray better (Y)
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Yesterday evening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35114.jpg (49.1 KB, 39 views)
Old November 20th, 2016, 01:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Cleaned & Ready to unleash the power

Last edited by Jazziat; November 20th, 2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old November 20th, 2016, 01:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Old December 15th, 2016, 06:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

DC Cold Air intake ... In the house now ... Waiting for installation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161214_132124_1481847012425.jpg (33.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161214_132331_1481847063755.jpg (38.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161214_132124_1481847098404.jpg (33.6 KB, 27 views)
Old December 15th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Man, I REALLY dig the ride, Jazziat! Usually I'm not a fan of the kalapa black eclipses, but something about yours is done incredibly well. It looks sleek and clean but also stands out in its own way. I lvoe it! I bought the similar aftermarket version of your spoiler in CF and it should arrive tomorrow I kinda wish I had gotten the DC sports CAI, but hey what can ya do. Let me know how it works!

Last edited by Desert Rat; December 15th, 2016 at 08:24 PM.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 16th, 2016, 03:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

What an awesome feeling ... DC CAI has been installed successfully ... And the car has turned to a beast ... I cant even describe the performance ... From 3.5 RPM ... I am riding another car honestly ... This engine has lots of potential...

The sound is another story ... Honestly
The installation went fine ... Not that hard ... Regardless of the fact that the guidance from the paper sheet coming with the kit is useless ...

Kit itself is very nice and the filter is a piece of art design

Very satisfied with this step ...

Next month ... Exhaust modifications
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161214_132604_1481880928083.jpg (42.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161214_132609_1481880977656.jpg (40.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161216_021748_1481881026727.jpg (40.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161216_021755_1481881069239.jpg (41.0 KB, 30 views)
Old December 16th, 2016, 03:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Man, I REALLY dig the ride, Jazziat! Usually I'm not a fan of the kalapa black eclipses, but something about yours is done incredibly well. It looks sleek and clean but also stands out in its own way. I lvoe it! I bought the similar aftermarket version of your spoiler in CF and it should arrive tomorrow I kinda wish I had gotten the DC sports CAI, but hey what can ya do. Let me know how it works!
Thank you for these nice word ... Very encouraging ... Also i didn't like the black color..was searching for yellow or other colors...but this one was the best condition i could find ...

Congrats on the spoiler .. u will love how it looks on ur baby ...

Man, get a DC CAI ... Trust me ... U will not regret the experience !!!
Old January 4th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Updates:

In the last couple of weeks, i had some gearbox mounts problem.

The lower gearbox mount suddenly got teared down and i had to replace it.
When i saw the new one, i knew that these mounts are not solid enough for this engine and most probably will tear down again soon.

I tried to search the internet and ask about any available sport engine/gearbox mount, and surprisingly i completely failed and almost everyone said there isn`t anywhere !!
I think we can only custom made them.

And after this, i experienced the same problem with the upper gearbox mount, (photos attached), could find other solution but to replace it with Original one.

I was quite shocked to know that all the parts of the 4G eclipse were manufactured in the USA.

anyhow, i replaced it and the car now is running smooth.

Awaiting for the Coilovers step, Remap & Exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161231_145222.jpg (47.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161231_145241.jpg (46.2 KB, 13 views)
Current Owner of Mitsubishi Eclipse 09" - Soon to be fully modified
Old January 4th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
Could've gone with the Energy Suspension motor mounts. Very nice car, really digging it. My father used to have an E21 320i. It was very slow, but a lot of fun lol
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Some updates ... Just participated in a track day last week .. was a very nice experience
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20170219-WA0028_1487560712978.jpg (40.5 KB, 13 views)
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

Another shoot !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20170219-WA0024_1487560775440.jpg (24.2 KB, 14 views)
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
JDM Fanatic

https://youtu.be/Nv8G9uGqLpM

Tags
black, buy, car, day, eclipse, eclipse gt, issues, modifications, viper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.