Elise 4g - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: FredyGG
Vehicle: 2006 GT
FreddyGG is on a distinguished road
Elise 4g

Bought my 4g a few months ago and have been lurking for a while and just started posting. Want to wait until I did something to the car before doing one of these but I'm sitting here at 4am at work and bored so here I go.

1. Name - Freddy G. Cars name is Elise and she's beautiful.
2. Car you drive - Elise is a 2006 Eclipse GT
3. Have a picture - is that even a question?
4. Do you know anyone thats already registered on the site? Nope
5. Oh and have a picture!! Down below.
6. Your location - Unfortunately Maryland

Thanks to everyone that's helped so far. I've had a problem with the battery, started and oil filter housing. Replaced battery and the oil filter housing and that's all that's been done to the car so far. I have a family of three that consists of myself, beautiful girlfriend and my awesome almost 4 month son. Plans for the car are

PERFORMANCE:
- Obx headers
- Tune, probably from hackish since he seems like the only one on here
- CAI
- Then finish the exhaust

COSMETIC
- Painting the front bumper and rear diffuser
- Dipping the rims
- Interior painting
- Coilovers
- Rims
- Cf panels/hood

Im also planning a turbo kit if I still have the car in two-three years which I hope I do. I have some experience in the mechanical field and several years of electrical and construction expiernece. And lastly my hours and days off are so crazy because I work a 911 dispatcher. So it's hard to find extra time after work, sleep, and family.

When I first bought her

Just washed yesterday

You can follow me on Instagram @ Elise4g. I'll be posting updates on there as well. But the bigger updates will be on here.
FreddyGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Tristen
ROAD RENEGADE is on a distinguished road
welcome to the family Freddy! Hope you stick around for those 2 years and get some time to mod your GT. If there are any questions you may have, ask away. Our community is not large but is very friendly.
ROAD RENEGADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ricer

Name: James
Vehicle: 2009 GS
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
I don't have Instagram, could ya throw up some pictures that show it all off on here? I wanna see

My Build Thread
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 6th, 2017, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Nice ride Freddy! Welcome to the wonderful world of modding, kiss your disposable income goodbye

OBX headers are no longer made, so you're going have to do a lot of searching and digging around to find a set. Moreover, they require a bit of fabrication to install. RRE makes/made a good set of true bolt-on shorty headers, but they've since been on production hiatus for the time being thanks to the EPA regulations in CA. Last time I checked they had 1 set left, but that was months ago, so I'm not sure currently.

Interior painting is always fun! What did you have in mind? I'm the residential interior painter, so if you have any questions or need any help, feel free to hit me up!
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Since the car is silver I was trying to find something that would be a good fit with that. I was thinking a nice blue color. I know someone actually selling a set of obx, what kind of fab needs to be done? I'll get more pictures once the rain stops finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 6th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

More pictures from a day ago and a few months ago. It's been raining too much to do anything lately.

Old April 6th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGG View Post
Since the car is silver I was trying to find something that would be a good fit with that. I was thinking a nice blue color. I know someone actually selling a set of obx, what kind of fab needs to be done? I'll get more pictures once the rain stops finally
I don't have OBXs myself, but I think the general consensus is the rear header flange doesn't quite line up with the collector. Also, the bung for the EGR (and possibly the O2s) is out of place.

Duplicolor makes a great blue vinyl paint. It's not the cheapest price around but you don't want to cheap out on vinyl paint
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Definitely going with duplicolor. Do you know of any websites with rre headers then? I liked obx because I wanted a bit more high end power but don't want to have to mess with anything like that without having an actual shop.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Old April 6th, 2017, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
From what I've​ been told (via a very credible source) is that OBX made copies of Ripp's long tube headers using inferior materials, so naturally the quality will be lacking. Unfortunately, Ripp pulled out of the 4G market after getting some bad publicity when somebody botched an SC install and lit their car on fire, so finding those headers will be even harder.

There are a few options for tuning. I myself have personally delt with Hackish and have nothing but good things to say, both for his work and as a person. He also had some nifty software up his sleeve like rigging up a launch control feature, which is nice to have. His price is more than fair too. I'd suggest completing your bolt ons before giving him a call though, this way it'll save you from having to reflash later on down the line. A wideband sensor is recommended for best results.

WTTC

Last edited by Plain Jane; April 6th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
Plain Jane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yea I heard his tune is great and I haven't saw one complaint yet. Someone told me to get it sooner rather than later because it can just keep getting updated by him. I wanted to start with the headers but now that you told me that I'll probably start looking for the rre.

Old April 6th, 2017, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

In that case, he should be having a spring sale soon. I believe the price will be $250 but could be wrong. Best thing to do is email him directly at sales@fastworks.com, tell him the comedian sent you (not that you'll get anything special out of it, I just like to bug him lol). He should get back to you and answer any questions you might have promptly.

Wouldn't hurt to email RRE either and inquire about their headers. Might still have a set lying around. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Im assuming you have the rre, how do they do?

Old April 6th, 2017, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGG View Post
Im assuming you have the rre, how do they do?
Yes, they're quite good. Quality is spot on and the power gains are very noticeable, even at the top end where you'd think shorties would struggle. Definitely an improvement over stock. They also provide defoulers that actually work quite well. Never seen an OČ code since I had them installed.

I've also got an Injen CAI and an Injen 3" stainless catback running on Hackish's 94 octane tune. It should be putting down around 280-290whp

Last edited by Plain Jane; April 6th, 2017 at 11:37 PM.
Plain Jane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm hoping I can find a set of rre. I'll call them tomorrow and hope for the best. If not I might have to stick with obx and just do the fabrication

Old April 6th, 2017, 11:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

I wish you the best. Some people have had good luck with OBXs and never encountered a problem. Hopefully, if it comes to that, they'll work for you well.

Keep us updated
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

The folks at RRE told me if there was enough demand, they may make another batch, so just make sure they're well aware you guys want more. Just keep it on the DL. The EPA is a bitch in CA.
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ricer

Name: James
Vehicle: 2009 GS
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
It sure is odd how so many performance companies are in California. You'd think they'd be somewhere like Texas

My Build Thread
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
It sure is odd how so many performance companies are in California. You'd think they'd be somewhere like Texas
California is a place you'd get lynched for running catless. It does seem strange that a lot of go-fast companies are based there lol
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
DR3

Name: Diego
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse SE (GS)
DR3 has a spectacular aura about
You'd be surprised but most people don't care. Cops only get on you for making to much noise. Or if they're nearing ticket quota time. Which is fine by me since I don't like hearing when the ricer Hondas in my neighborhood are coming and going. The SMOG is a bitch though. Either you keep your OEM parts and swap back to pass the test or you give them a nice "tip" to look the other way. My registration is up in a couple of months so I'll have to make that choice pretty soon haha
DR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

In Baltimore, cops don't really care. I had a Mazda that sounded like it was straight piped (hole in exhaust) and never was stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008 GS
4GLeaf is on a distinguished road
I'm digging the black on grey look here! I gave you a follow on the ol' IG. I'm the dude with the private account. I'm trying to decide if I want to get rid of my "Eclipse" badging. Looks good without it, but also looks kinda good with it...
4GLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
06 eclipse, 2006, bumper, car, cars, coilovers, crazy, drive, eclipse, electrical, exhaust, hackish, housing, interior, kit, obx, oil, painting, problem, question, rear, tune, turbo, turbo kit, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.