Steves LSP ~06 Bishi GT - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 06 Bishi GT
005teve is on a distinguished road
Steves LSP ~06 Bishi GT

So I guess its time to do a ride thread. I’m, ohhhh, only say 11 years late to the party, but still too soon for Mitsu to admit they shouldn't have abandoned an inexpensive and reliable platform that to this day will still turn some heads.

This has been my daily driver since September of 2009, and a welcome home from iraq gift to myself, been creeping around here before the decision was final but never care to share too much, ill typically just try to sponge some info up and be on my way. However, recently Ive been fortunate enough to have money to justify throwing it at a car thats been paid off for nearly 6 years and only costs me ~$90 a month to keep on the road. But now that I have a Silver-ado I cant resist dissecting her freeing up some ponies and just driving the Rado in her down time.

Now for the back story on what I actually got, bear w me, and hes hungry. As per the FYI thread by Joey, research research research. Came down to the Bishi GT, a G6 GT, or a GTO. I needed/demanded, a two door, manual transmission, v8/v6/or 4+t, sunroof, convertible or panoramic. Front or awd, leather interior, desent stock sound system/or atleast only needing a minor deck upgrade in black white silver or any other mix of the three, and less than 5 year old platform w proven reliability while still being afordable, ha! That list narrows quick. G6 won on insurance but the hardtop convertible looked like a 2 door echo with the top down lacking half the performance parts of the eclipse and obviously less than an LS2 the eclipse pulled ahead with a minor cost over the g6 but at a 3rd the cost of insurance on the GTO(being twice the purchase price as well)

Narrowed down what I could find within 100 miles of my home town and there were a total of 3 GT models with the full package, blue, orange, or black. CRAP. Orange I felt like every light I was being scanned by pedestrians and trolled by v8s. Blue one was nice but had over a 100k miles on her, and the black one, nassy lil black one, looked like the interior was owned by wolverine while car pooling w saber-tooth and washing the carpet with coke. Alas as I was considering my final 3 days before reporting back to duty(haha doody) while still contemplating sunburst or blue, I spotted a silver 06 rolling its way out of the steam bay. I made an iquiry regarding it while the salesman is literally walking away from me w an obvious sense of concern in his demeanor. Already knowing what I wanted 06-07 gt sport pckg. He repeated it and asked if I wanted to look at it.

“Gray 06 GT Sport Package” 63K miles $11.8K(almost 5 grand under what the others were). What thuh, uhh…. Well. Why the… hmm. ..

“whats wrong w it”?….

Response “nothing, its just not certified preowned”(lacking a warranty)…

test drive, felt newer, less abused, tighter…. Just all around good. 20 mins after the paper work was complete I had it at my mechanics house on a lift combing it for issues, none to be found except a blank sticker in the engine bay, curious about the power loss regarding that, but not concerned. Eric, my mechanic and long time friend said if anything the car seems newer than it should me, but assured me that to him it seemed tip top and well worth the $13.5K total w a 3 year add on warranty. So I was content and happy to drive to the new hole designated by the army in louisiana

Long story short 3 years owning it I find out its refurbished, lemoned in 06 for transmission issues, and then totaled in 07 (previous Owner and Tree, Unscathed), loosing the majority of the front end engine and drive-train, plus that 2hp sticker under the hood w/o a paint code, liquid silver ‘pearl’ not metallic, or "Grey" as i was under the impression, is what caused this dilemma, I had dropped off the gas cover to be paint matched and it came back charcoal colored like the mitsu gray. After about 2 weeks of chasing numbers extensions car fax reports and various private parts suppliers I found Dave a former Mitsubishi USA Sales consultant. I was informed that like GM chrystler and Ford, mitsubishi will periodically refurbish some vehicles and offer them to employees at whole sale being roughly %40 cheaper to the initial buyer. So when my car was totaled it was purchased by not mitsubishi but by there employees and refurbished as a non certified vehicle, I was told the car was likely a gs before(or cheaper model), and was probably refitted with the the max cost value at retail options. Car was likely less than $7K to the dealer in 08. which explains the freshness and value, but still with a mild concern from the sales man which finally made sense. 08 transmission with a fresh 6g75 motor

This pic is from a few years back, im trying to get apple and linux to come to some sort of agreement, the roof, spoiler, rims, emblems and foglight housings are also black now

Last edited by 005teve; April 12th, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
005teve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

So i Guess this Easter ill be in the garage putting in this stuff.

Short Shifter (have)
shifter bushings(on there way)
torque damper(have)
motor mounts(have)
Passenger side fender well replacement(have, but this is a curious item to me as well)

Last edited by 005teve; April 14th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Andres
Vehicle: 2009 GT
SuperEvilnine is on a distinguished road
Have fun with your semi, new to you, toy! Even though Im new to my own 4G, there are more than enough enthusiasts on here to help you build your Eclipse. Congrats!!

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk
SuperEvilnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 8th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
Welcome. That's quite a story, nice to see a car with some background, however unfortunate.

I've got an orange GT, bought it sight unseen at an auction. Was worried I'd be seen as a kid who played with too many Hot Wheels, but it isn't nearly as shouty as you might expect.

Injen is a good choice, both for the CAI and catback (3" stainless w/4.5" burnt tip). The intake alone is barely noticeable below MIVEC, so don't expect to hear much of it while driving around town. Catback however can use an extra resonator, as it's loud af, especially behind a set of catless headers, so be warned about that. When it comes time to tune, contact Hackish (sales@fastworks.com), he's a stand up guy that does great work. Good luck with the build Steve
Old April 8th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Welcome. That's quite a story, nice to see a car with some background, however unfortunate.

I've got an orange GT, bought it sight unseen at an auction. Was worried I'd be seen as a kid who played with too many Hot Wheels, but it isn't nearly as shouty as you might expect.

Injen is a good choice, both for the CAI and catback (3" stainless w/4.5" burnt tip). The intake alone is barely noticeable below MIVEC, so don't expect to hear much of it while driving around town. Catback however can use an extra resonator, as it's loud af, especially behind a set of catless headers, so be warned about that. When it comes time to tune, contact Hackish (sales@fastworks.com), he's a stand up guy that does great work. Good luck with the build Steve
im actually going full exhast with hi flow cat, thats where i need the input, i want a single in dual out muffler that sits horizontal at the the rear bumper, and yea, ive had most of the reading done for years on whats to come soon, and i was glad i sat and read a few threads on fastworks the other night, really glad that he and others are willing to do some weekend and evening work for the community. but i will end up digging much deeper into the tuning options regarding build specs and eventually have a final route

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEvilnine View Post
Have fun with your semi, new to you, toy! Even though Im new to my own 4G, there are more than enough enthusiasts on here to help you build your Eclipse. Congrats!!

I know, I know, i didnt want to share, and i probably shouldnt had, at least not before an unboxing and or photos, but it was direct through amazon via my friends employee account, if its a hose well you know. im the donkey. so we'll see, but i do have to say that if you go to the manufacturers' websites and find part numbers you can find things here and there at a steal
Old April 9th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

So i did manage to upload some photos today, after hours of frustration troubleshooting AT&T Wireless and Linux Mint 18.1. There is still no sound but i did manage to setup a separate youtube channel just for the sake of this build and the garage, so we'll see. im also realizing that my dash cam mount is completly out of wack and that it too has been neglected for the last year or so.

this is the kind of exhaust setup im going for, any recomendations on mufflers and hi-flow cats is greatly appreciated.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1352779724

oh and FYI my first car ever was an 86GT and i absolutely LOOOOOOOATHE the FRS and BRZ

Last edited by 005teve; April 9th, 2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: i want opinons and input
Old April 10th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Got the torque wrenches in the mail today, they seem ok, ill give em a good run through and see how they hold up. They came with a nice little ty letter w no inscription haha

I found an exhaust note on a platform my friend just bought into, the genesis 3.8. I feel like stock the mivec is louder, but i do like the note on this setup

as long as there isn't a performance limitation im liking the flomaster 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhIIDXL2h0

i was also given a 24 hour notice that my headers are a signature required package, oh idk 6 days and they still say CA on tracking but i have to sign for em tomorrow, thanks fedex.

Last edited by 005teve; April 10th, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old April 11th, 2017, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Andres
Vehicle: 2009 GT
SuperEvilnine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005teve View Post
Got the torque wrenches in the mail today, they seem ok, ill give em a good run through and see how they hold up. They came with a nice little ty letter w no inscription haha

I found an exhaust note on a platform my friend just bought into, the genesis 3.8. I feel like stock the mivec is louder, but i do like the note on this setup

as long as there isn't a performance limitation im liking the flomaster 80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhIIDXL2h0

i was also given a 24 hour notice that my headers are a signature required package, oh idk 6 days and they still say CA on tracking but i have to sign for em tomorrow, thanks fedex.
Harbor Freight brand...caution My friend...those weekend warrior tools are kinda sketchy.

SuperEvilnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2017, 05:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEvilnine View Post
Harbor Freight brand...caution My friend...those weekend warrior tools are kinda sketchy.

yuppers, i already had my suspicions based on the price but either way they'll be nice for less delicate work. i need to just hit my mechanics when his snap-on distributor is around, $89 and some change at lowes for the ~nice Kobalt is unacceptable to me.

Last edited by 005teve; April 12th, 2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old April 12th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Got my headers yesterday, delivery driver actually called me to drop em off and met me at a Mercedes shop near where i was working, i wish he was the designated fedex employee for my area, usually they're at least two days behind with the scheduled delivery but the tracking will say "delivered". Still waiting on the motor mounts to get started(them and stiffy same day is the plan w a before and after ride vid), i could do the short shifter(not sure i really even need it ) but i need the bushings, so which ever arrives first will be it.

the headers seem ok, but im not overly impressed, there are a couple misses and burns, the transistions in the piping isnt all that smooth and the bungs weren't shaved back after being welded in and show weld burns in the threads as well as having metal shards close to an inch long hanging around off of some of the fabricated spots inside the pipes. At the price i got em, sure, fantastic. but i may still end up buying individual components from RRE(the original plan, but i couldnt resist the price of these) and welding up a set of my own in the future, but with a "currently" NA stock internal build they will suite me fine, that is after putting a few hours of dremel work on em and getting rid of all the burrs and metal shavings, no welding necessary but not bolt on ready IMHO. The insides are absolutely caaaaaaked with metal dust and shavings im considering painting them black or wrapping them, but im not a huge fan of most wrap jobs ive seen, and i need to get under there and assess heat radiation issues if i paint the exhaust.

I probably shouldve mentioned before, but i really don't have a lot of respect for after-market venders and manufacturers, i feel like they cut corners to save on expense but still charge the end consumer over $100 an hour or foot. welding is not rocket science, neither is FG, CF or vacuum molding, there are more calculations and money invested in the equipment and tools required to align the wheels of a vehicle and only costs $50. And if it looks after-market, to me it typically looks foreign. I prefer class, not flash, and functionallity over asthetics. achieving both can be difficult but i want to lay it out now, before i push for an end result on this build.

dash cam uploads to come, mostly compiling some dd pulls to and from work, sux because the id file is missing so the timestamp that i cant disable always says 2012

Last edited by 005teve; April 14th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Got home to find my motor mounts sitting on the porch in some interesting packaging

still waiting on the shifter bushings, would like to do a before and after review with some dash cam proof w all three but we'll see. i also need to adjust the shifter linkage(been needing to for years) every now and then she wont go into first, usually you can drop to second and then she slides right back in, but today i cad to put it in third to get first to open back up.

FYI all of these pics are with the dash cam, its my only working camera since Apple wont allow me to pair my phone w a Linux PC, and some days this site will just repeatedly crash while im trying to post or upload photos

Im also hoping some one can chime in about a high flow cat, i know theres no real world evidence for making a true difference, but the only thread i can find through search and google is the one with the two noobs griping at each other for their posts and a moderator leaving it at just save your money and use the stock cat, but since the muffler is only $180 shipped i mite as well go for the gold and never look back

Last edited by 005teve; April 14th, 2017 at 03:45 PM.

Tags
06 gt, 2009, black, door, eclipse, gas, good, hood, interior, leather, light, loss, mitsubishi, offer, paint, parts, performance, performance parts, short, silver, sound, stock, total, transmission, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.