Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 10 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #361 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Name: Alan
Vehicle: 2004 Evo 8 GSR
cficare68 is a jewel in the roughcficare68 is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't get another engine Joe. Personally if I was in your shoes I would be looking for a daily driver at this point. If you have a daily then awesome. Save your money stick with what you got and then go from there. No use paying out the cash unless you absolutely have to.
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #362 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
how do plan to putyhe pistons in pull the motor? or dou think it can be pulled off with the motor mounted?
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #363 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^oh no, I think I'm going to have to pull it out there's no way around it I don't think. the head is going to have to be bored a little bit at least. Oh man it's for sure going to be a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
I wouldn't get another engine Joe. Personally if I was in your shoes I would be looking for a daily driver at this point. If you have a daily then awesome. Save your money stick with what you got and then go from there. No use paying out the cash unless you absolutely have to.
yeah man you are probably right - it will be at least a couple thousand to get it which I absolutely do not have.... BUT it would be nice to be able to take my time with the build, still have my car available during the build, AND have a back up motor if the first one detonates for any reason. I may look around when I'm ready to build but you're right, that's going to cost me even more money and I should be trying to save where I can

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #364 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Rods Ordered ---> 6G75 B-Cower H-Beam Rods

(see where it says '7 Available'? - that used to say 8. timmy got #9 and dejected #10 I do believe)

Ordered these bearings the other day:
Aftermarket Bearings for 6G74 by either ACL or King Bearings

EDIT - WRONG - these are all gone.

Last edited by joeyb; November 20th, 2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #365 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009/gt/amazing
TheCanuck is on a distinguished road
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that super charger run you?
TheCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #366 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

the package was $4500 from RIPP - included supplemental injectors, the black box, the BRAT box, a map sensor - none of which I use. their electronics didn't work for me. I am not even sure if the meth cooling kit that was included is working....I haven't really needed to worry about it just yet...

you could probably buy a vortech blower like the one in the kit or better for 2500 - 2800. pay RIPP to give you the drive shaft, pulley, and holder braket and some piping, and make a better, cheaper set-up using the AEM F/IC

Old October 29th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #367 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
damn joe, your really going on an internal build spree.... i love it.

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #368 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
i gotta ask... how much (estimate?) do you have in that car atm?? hah..

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #369 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
damn joe, your really going on an internal build spree.... i love it.
I have to it seems at this point...gotta make sure I can open the supercharger WOT w/out blowing my manifold off the top of the motor...or more likely piston #3 blowing up on me and doing god knows what to the insides....so....I am doing this only because it seems like I have to.....I got a few of the parts at this point is all....I still need the valve package, hardware, head-work porting, etc. and i'm sure other stuff I am not thinking of...I would get those evo cams if someone can point me to them and they aren't too much

it should be beastly if I can ever get it built up....so maybe around June or July of next year if I am lucky

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #370 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
i gotta ask... how much (estimate?) do you have in that car atm?? hah..
27K for the GT-P w/ 100 miles on it in August of 08. (I have paid off probably about half of that)

Performance Only $ spent - too embarrassing to truly calculate and post but let's just say not a penny less then 12K.

Add on the style and audio mods your talking another 3K at least w/ rims, stereo, spoiler, etc.

So that is 15K right there.

Add on what I am about to spend on this fucking motor build...already spent about 1700, and surely will spend another 1500 at least...if I wind up buying another 6G75 it could be another few thousand.

So let's say I wind up paying around 3 or 4K to build and install and dial in my motor. retune, align, all of that shit - a lot of work probably done at shops. that is what? 27 + 15 + 3.5K = 45.5K....that is an estimate. it is probably more and will wind up being more....

I am bragging? hardly. kennan(jeep) was just saying how you would NEVER get someone to give you that for the car and he is 100% right. even w/ all that - I'd be lucky to get someone who loved the car also to give me 25K for it w/ the built motor and all....so.....don't see me selling anytime soon. but who knows, maybe in 15 or 20 years if it only has 40 or 50K on it I can auction it for who knows what? reserve a price of at least 50K and see what happens....?

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #371 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^and that is if I somehow manage not to totally fuck it up either by crashing it or messing up the engine during the build - which is certainly a possibility if not a likely one....jeff/freeker is going to help me, but shit, I may wind up biting the bullet and paying Abel racing to do the build for me when I have all the parts....I hate to do it and really want to do it myself but I am HARDLY qualified to pull that motor apart and re-build it. jeff probably is, but I am still paranoid about the complexity of the head/mivec/valves/etc....I do not know enough to be fucking with that

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #372 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
sorry for asking man i was just curious.

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #373 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^oh no worries - it just depresses me....that could very well be my daughters college education fund or I could have seen most of the world by now....instead it seems I would rather have this bad as fuck machine sitting in my garage 95% of it's life. well, it is fun for me to go into the garage and look at it....sometimes I even put the hood up and turn on the stereo....

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #374 (permalink)

i would too with a machine like that. and im sure your daughter and her college funds will be taken care of. can only mod the car so much and i know shes quite young

Quote:

Last edited by Daxenth; October 29th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #375 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

was just out driving around and this blacked out pick-up tried twice to beat me on a roll and was utterly left behind...then we met at the next 3 lights and I embarrassed him at each one - meaning I got like 7 - 10 cars ahead in a flash right off the line and slowed down to wait for him kind of embarrassed....not entirely sure what his line of thinking was there....maybe he thought if he went with me enough times I might let him win one out of sympathy for his ego.....well he was wrong.

Last edited by joeyb; November 6th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #376 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

pictures of the rods I just got:

seem to be of great quality, but what do I know

look at that H-beam that is absolutely not breaking...

Old November 5th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #377 (permalink)

so much shit into internals... haha check out my new addition on MY ride thread joe

Quote:
Old November 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #378 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Joe do you have any idea how much power are our cranks are good for capable of handling. I would assume a great deal of power especially if they are anything like the 4g63 and 64s I know they will take a beating. But anyways just curious.
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #379 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^nah man I sure don't - but I hope it's plenty b/c that is one part I don't plan on replacing.

So I still need valves, springs, retainers, pnp heads, headstuds, head-gaskets....what else? but I feel a lot closer now that I have those 2 major parts (rods/pistons) + the bearings

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #380 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Joe do you have any idea how much power are our cranks are good for capable of handling. I would assume a great deal of power especially if they are anything like the 4g63 and 64s I know they will take a beating. But anyways just curious.
Yeah the 6x (3,4,&9)I have seen take up to 675hp before giving out. Not sure about the 75. But mitsu says they are forged just like ours so .....

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #381 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
^nah man I sure don't - but I hope it's plenty b/c that is one part I don't plan on replacing.

So I still need valves, springs, retainers, pnp heads, headstuds, head-gaskets....what else? but I feel a lot closer now that I have those 2 major parts (rods/pistons) + the bearings

You would probably be okay to run the car with the stock heads. Seems like all the problems I have read are from the bottom end. If what the cranks are forged like Darksideclipse is stating then you wont have anything to worry about it.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #382 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well I am worried about valve-float above 7 - 8 lbs....darkside and majin have both said that it's a real problem at higher psi....not that I see my self going too far past 8 lbs. anytime soon, but who knows? the stage 2 pulley is suppose to push 9 - 11 lbs, so I want that to be covered for sure, and if I really throw a nitrous bottle on there it seems like I'll want all of that valve-work and porting to be just tip-top, right?

Last edited by joeyb; November 17th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #383 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
correct... valve float will ruin your day...

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #384 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
^well I am worried about valve-float about 7 - 8 lbs....darkside and majin have both said that it's a real problem at higher psi....not that I see my self going too far past 8 lbs. anytime soon, but who knows? the stage 2 pulley is suppose to push 9 - 11 lbs, so I want that to be covered for sure, and if I really throw a nitrous bottle on there it seems like I'll want all of that valve-work and porting to be just tip-top, right?

yep

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #385 (permalink)
The Evil Wizard

Name: Jamie
Vehicle: 94 Galant GS
majin is a jewel in the roughmajin is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
You would probably be okay to run the car with the stock heads. Seems like all the problems I have read are from the bottom end. If what the cranks are forged like Darksideclipse is stating then you wont have anything to worry about it.
PnP heads are optional. Rods/Pistons and valve springs are required. Stock (Felpro) headgaskets are okay, just add some ARP head studs in the mix.
Crank is forged, you can polished it to make it pretty
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #386 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

I would look for a metal headgasket, something like a Cometic if they make one. That way you don't have to worry about replacing the gasket everytime you take the heads off. Felpros are good but they are one and done gaskets.
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #387 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2007/GT/MT
sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
Hey Joey, love the ride man. I see you used a glowshift oil sandwich plate. Do you know what part number that is?
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
sample07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #388 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hey thanks bro.

I believe this is the very one I ordered:
OIL FILTER SANDWICH ADAPTER MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GSX GST: eBay Motors (item 290491593533 end time Nov-22-10 14:35:53 PST)

I am out of town until next Sunday and I would ask my wife to look but she would probably do more harm than good. I'll double check when I get home but I am 99% sure this will work for you.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #389 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
•3 threaded 1/8 NPT Ports
•2 Port Plugs Included
•Easy and Hassle Free Install
•O-Ring
•1 Year Warranty

So this uses 1/8 NPT ports. That's what we need for the sender unit and stock unit correct? Also this didn't get in the way of the belt shield at all?

Thanks for the advise!
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #390 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

•3 threaded 1/8 NPT Ports
•2 Port Plugs Included
•Easy and Hassle Free Install
•O-Ring
•1 Year Warranty

So this uses 1/8 NPT ports. That's what we need for the sender unit and stock unit correct? Also this didn't get in the way of the belt shield at all?

Thanks for the advise!
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #391 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Hey nice u got rods also.... If u want to see my motor build so far come over tomorro I'll be around the engine is all together it looks good but my car is in pieces
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #392 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^argh man I wish I could! have to fly tomorrow! oh well. I'll back early next year for sure and hopefully you'll be done by then!

Old November 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #393 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sample07 View Post

Thanks for the advise!
no problem man. I do believe so b/c my stock and AM oil pressure unit went right in there - I have them both on there, as well as my sending unit to my supercharger.

w/ all that stuff on there it is kind of bulky down there, but you can still put the belt sheild back on fine.

let me try to find a picture of that.....

here:

hope this helps man

Old November 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #394 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
Hey nice u got rods also....
yeah man, these seem pretty bad ass. feel indestructible and you can see where they are strengthened around the pin journals - it's 'fatter' right there - I like it.......

Old November 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #395 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Guys, I just ordered the Outlaw Intake spacers - seems like I've seen a post or two that alluded to those not being good for boosted motors.....is that right? should I cancel that order?

I was thinking I don't know how much good they'll do anyway since the air charge is already over-heated coming in from the supercharger....but maybe it would help like a tiny bit?

Old November 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #396 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Ya basicly useless unless u do intercooler plus if u don't want boost leak aggravation.... It's ur choice..... I have them but then again I'm going intercooled
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #397 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

ok thanks man. well - I plan to do the intercooler at some point so I guess I'll keep the part. I was reading that one thread by Danester and getting excited by the gains described in there by combining this upgrade w/ good spark plugs. hmph - well I may change out my spark plugs anyway. maybe go ahead and put the STi injectors in there, as well.

actually I probably shouldn't do any other mods until I can get my car to stop throwing codes.

p0137
p0157
p0175
p0052

it's pissing me off.

Old November 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #398 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Have you looked up the codes yet?

I have a question on going with the intercooler. Will you be able to rotate the blower using the RIPP mount so the outlet is pointing down as to give a better path to the FMIC?
Old November 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #399 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

yeah - they are 'o2 sensor heater circuit too high/low' codes - and that 175 code is system too rich. how could I have 2 bad o2 sensor sensors? makes me think it's the harness somewhere but I just can't quite figure out exactly what to do to test it all..........not sure where to start.

just jacked the car up - going to look at my solders on the o2 wire extensions - but I just re did them as perfectly as I know how - but I guess I could have messed something up.

I really really think someone at one of these shops messed up one of my harnesses under the car or in the engine somewhere - I am just not sure where....
my o2 extensions were fine before about a month ago, so I am at a loss

Old November 19th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #400 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Last edited by joeyb; November 20th, 2010 at 02:37 AM.

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.