Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 11 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #401 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
ugh.. sounds so sexy... hows she running joe? any progress?

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #402 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^thanks man. I'll try to do some more videos later - guess she's running ok but still the fuel trims seem to be off. but when it get's warmed up it seems like it's ok.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #403 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
Guys, I just ordered the Outlaw Intake spacers - seems like I've seen a post or two that alluded to those not being good for boosted motors.....is that right? should I cancel that order?

I was thinking I don't know how much good they'll do anyway since the air charge is already over-heated coming in from the supercharger....but maybe it would help like a tiny bit?
They usually don't seal properly on boosted applications

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #404 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^hmmmmmm................ok thanks guys. maybe I can find someone who wants them

Old November 19th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #405 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang
choppertwo has a spectacular aura about
-p-7155.html"](PN# STI-16611AA510) [/URL]
-r Radar Detection - XRS 9345[*]Tint (some percentage)[/LIST]************************************************** ******************

=======Future Upgrades =======================
  • Cooling Fan Upgrade + Radiator shroud
  • Oil Cooling Unit
  • Upgraded Fuel Pump
  • Valves/Springs/Retainers from Delta Cams
  • Cams if needed...probably not....maybe EVO cams? (someone advise?)
  • White Line End Links
  • Aftermarket Hardware for Motor - Head Studs
  • Top End Head Gaskets for rebuild
  • Port n' Polish Head
  • Custom Inter-cooler if needed (if I can get up to and past 10 lbs of boost...)
  • Body Kit
  • Brake Kit - Brembos
  • Outlaw Intake Spacers - Ordered.
  • Full suspension upgrade kit from RRE
  • New Rims + racing tires
  • Aftermarket tach + LED shift light w/ BilletProof adapter.
  • Ralliart Eyelids
  • ECU Reflash (if hackish can make it so)
  • other stuff I am not thinking of......
=============================================

It is hardly 'finished' though I don't see it being in that state anytime soon. so for whatever it's worth, he's my members' ride as of today. there are also a few other more detailed shots of the motor and stuff on my profile page under 'stage 2'

========AVAILABLE PARTS============================================= ====
Here is my used parts thread:

Used Parts Sale Thread - Click Here

================================================== ====================[/QUOTE] Joe, it sounds so badass, and looks sweet too, I want to see some passes man-- CHOP
choppertwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #406 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks so much chop. very nice of you to say - I forget to enjoy her sometimes she seems to have so many problems. but when she's running right she's unbelievable.

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #407 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

3 questions:

1) which sway bar should I buy? (I see Progress and Works on Autocity Imports)

2) which fuel pressure regulator should I buy? (looks like the AEM one for turbo/superchargered is the way to go?)

3) which fuel pump should I buy? - gonna have to check that one thread where trevor mentions which one he uses.............

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:16 AM   #408 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
I still don't hear it :[
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #409 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^you watch the video on the previous page? guess there's really not much to it....it's subtle

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #410 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

guys check out these fuel pressure regulators....think one would work for me?

Sx Performance Fuel Pressure Regulators

Old November 20th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #411 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

couldn't pass up that 10% savings on body-kits w/ JM Auto..............just ordered me one. That should take my style up a notch or two if I can get it painted and on there. figure since it's going to be a few months at least before I can build my motor - so why not add to the outside w/ something I've wanted for a long ass time?

I am pretty excited - wonder how much it will be to have it painted..........

Old November 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #412 (permalink)

ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
Cool! What body kit did you go with?
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #413 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

this one:

the 'eternity' kit. gonna look killer with my gsx spoiler I hope

Old November 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #414 (permalink)

I say you paint your car red
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #415 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^it's quite tempting - but freeker already has that color......I will consider other colors carefully, but I see it remaining black in the end

my question is - what are the dimensions on those rims in that picture - I am wanting some like that - at least that off-set

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #416 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Joey, have you called for pricing on those fuel pressure regulators?

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 6psi.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #417 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^no man I sure haven't - probably will on monday if I can decide which one of those I need. think I'll go ahead and buy the same walbro inline you have, also

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #418 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
joey just get an evoX pump its a direct replacement. Its what horse, and acer are both using in there turbo builds. You can probably get a used one for a decent price

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #419 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ah ok thanks man! I will look around for one.

also - ALMOST bought those whiteline endlinks again but they are so expensive once shipped! I bought my sway bar and I'm really wanting those, but damn they are steep

Old November 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #420 (permalink)
Theta II

What sway bar did you get I totally missed when you asked which one to get

Yeah I want some to but right now things are getting a little tight preparing for the move to the mainland. I'll be shipping her out in March so most of March I wont have her

I can't wait to pick her up Dallas though and drive her to Kentucky on some real Highways

Old November 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #421 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^got this combo kit from JM auto - eibach - has both the front and rear:

JM Auto Racing - Anti-Roll Kit (Front/Rear Sway Bars)

I am excited because if I can get the end links from whiteline and the bushings from RRE I think it will be a really good suspension upgrade. figured I couldn't go wrong w/ eibach

Old November 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #422 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
joey just get an evoX pump its a direct replacement. Its what horse, and acer are both using in there turbo builds. You can probably get a used one for a decent price
The evo pump is basically same has the walboro. I'm not seeing the point of running two pumps, the evo or walboro pump can do the job alone. I'm most likely going to put my walboro pump in the fuel tank.

The Sx 15411 or15402 FPR depending on the size of the fuel lines you want to run. I've sent an email asking how much they go for already, should have a response on Monday.

Last edited by trevroar; November 20th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #423 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

man dejected got his motor built and running and it has me pumped up all over again. I have 4 different mod orders out there and not a single one has given me a tracking # yet...no me gusta.
I need to figure out my o2 sensor problem but I am so sick of even thinking about it at this point, but I need to go spend some time on it before I get too excited about anything else

Old November 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #424 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

ok guys - I need another educated opinion:

I just got my outlaw intake spacers in. dejected says no, but my question I'd like confirmed or refuted is as fallows....is there any reason for me to put this unit in or not?

the thread that talks about this part + the iridium one-step colder plugs makes a big difference....but my air charge is already hot coming in through the SC, right?

Old November 24th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #425 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
from what i heard the iridium plugs only help with nitrous cause it burns faster. so. im probably wrong but thats what ive heard as far as plugs. and in theory spacers can only really help. but. thats jmo

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old November 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #426 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

You got me bro, I'm new to the s/c community... but my thought is that its not like a turbo, so I'm thinking the air isn't too hot coming in.

I'm curious as this will be my question too soon as I can pay for a sds

Old November 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #427 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Quote:
ok guys - I need another educated opinion:

I just got my outlaw intake spacers in. dejected says no, but my question I'd like confirmed or refuted is as fallows....is there any reason for me to put this unit in or not?

the thread that talks about this part + the iridium one-step colder plugs makes a big difference....but my air charge is already hot coming in through the SC, right?
Joey IMO its a good mod and worth it every little bit helps. For every 10 degree your IAT drops your supposed to gain 1hp not a lot but hey its somthing. However in your shoes I would test it out carefully. I'm not sure how it would handle boost. I say put it on after you have the car up and running right. That way its not part of the trouble shooting you go thru getting everything setup. If it holds and maintains a good idle and drive ability leave it on, elsewise sell it.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #428 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^alright awesome thanks so much, fellas. that is exactly what I needed.

Old November 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #429 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Double Fuck Yeah

Got my eibach anti-roll kit in from JM autoracing. Man I was wondering how could replacing two metal bars under your car actually help as much as people go on about it on this forum.....well once I actually put hands on one of the bars I immediately could tell how - these fuckers are EXTREMELY heavy duty. very well made, excellent material and quality even to my novice eye, and most of all, they're just VERY heavy.
ho boy I am pumped and can't wait to get these on there.
I know it's going to be at least an afternoons' worth of work for the install, but I really don't want to start on this until I get the rest of the upgraded bushing kits from RRE that I have also ordered and should be here either today or monday. I badly badly badly wanted those whiteline endlinks to go with this suspension upgrade, but I'm going to have to wait until at least Tuesday (the 30th....when I get paid) to order them.

anyway, here are a few pictures:

you can just tell these are great quality. heavy like a muh'fuck

quick shot of the outlaw intake spacers that also need to go in:

and a little engine dress-up:

Last edited by joeyb; November 28th, 2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #430 (permalink)

want those sways!

Quote:
Old November 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #431 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Name: Alan
Vehicle: 2004 Evo 8 GSR
cficare68 is a jewel in the roughcficare68 is a jewel in the rough
I have a Progress rear and an Eibach front sway bar. Absolutely love them both. Definitely worth the money spent to increase handling. As far a fuel pumps go Joe do a Walbro 255 and you should be plenty fine. I wouldn't double pump it unless you have a full stand alone to fine tune it though.
Old November 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #432 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ok thx alan, but didn't darkside say the evo x pump is a direct replacement? guess I'll try to see which one is better or should i just see what deal I can get and get the cheaper one?

Old November 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #433 (permalink)

Name: Cless
Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX
Clessy has a spectacular aura about
Cant wait till you finish this car so you can give it to me for christmas. Cause you're so nice like that ^_^
Clessy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #434 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ well thx man I tell you there are certainly days that it's so much trouble I DO want to give it away for a second....well, maybe a micro-second. hell I won't be 'done' as in have nothing else to add on for a very long time. I don't even have anything for a nitrous build listed in my 'future upgrades' list and that is definitely on the table at least. I just need to get the engine built first and everything running correctly, then I can move on

Old November 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #435 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Quote:
^ok thx alan, but didn't darkside say the evo x pump is a direct replacement? guess I'll try to see which one is better or should i just see what deal I can get and get the cheaper one?
Fuel pumps are universal. All you have to worry about is how much fuel it puts through or if its inline or intank. Walhbro makes 255s in both forms. Not sure of the cost of the Evo X fuel pump but you can usually get a Wahlbro off ebay for around $90 shipped.
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #436 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Rear Sway Installed

here's a shot of the OEM vs. Eibach. once I pulled out the stock bar I was surprised at it's weight - it's pretty heavy as well and the eibach probably isn't even that much heavier.

installed:

the front will have to wait. this install was absurdly easy. probably balancing out the pain for the front bar install which I hear is a treat.

my remaining bushings kits should be in today, then I'll tackle the front. but this back was so easy you can do it w/out removing the tires.

speaking of which, I badly need new shoes, the tread on two of these is almost gone, seems I'm going to have to move new tires to the top of the list....may have to get new rims if I can find a deal.

Last edited by joeyb; December 1st, 2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #437 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Wait til you do the front unfortunately not so easy. Talk about a huge pain in the butt. Now I am going to have nightmares just thinking about it lol
Old November 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #438 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Joe.....here is a write-up I did with pics on the front anti-sway bar....hope it will help some.

Warning! Read Before Purchase of Front Anti-Sway Bar

I have both the front and rear Eibach and you are going to love them!!!!!!!!!!

Aww heck....I see you had already found that....you were the last to comment on it.

Last edited by NitroGlisson; November 29th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
NitroGlisson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #439 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Warning on the 2 short end bolts with the outlaw spacer.... Go buy ones that are longer or they will strip I did 12 lbs torque and not I have 2 helicoiks in my intake ..... Idk y they give such short bolts...
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #440 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
If I were to do it again I'd say fuck the spacers I had mad problems but hope the advice helps
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.