Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 18 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM   #681 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Upgrading Front Suspension

Added all bushing upgrades, fixed coilovers, installed front sway bar....which was NOT easy. I had to basically take a bunch of parts out to make room for the swap - including droping the subframe crossmember - which is NO fun at all, especially if you haven't done it.

here are the 3 bolts you need to remove to get the front control arm out:
(the nut here is already loosened - you can see it about half-way up the bolt)

(the bolt under the brace here is 19mm I think)

(the one in the middle of the picture - not on the top-left)

here is the removed front control Arm; I used a pickle fork and hammer to pop the ball joint loose:

removing the bushings:

here are some shots of the clean mount point for the larger bushing:

a new technique I have not seen used:

the installed bushings; ready to go back in:

front sway bar comparison: OEM vs. Eibach:

a shot of the "hole" I had to make by removing parts to get the front sway in:

bar installed:

new parts installed! coilovers, sway bar, bushings - oh yeah:

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost

Last edited by joeyb; April 25th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM   #682 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
looks good Joey. I bet it feels awesome. I really need coilovers lol.
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM   #683 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^thanks Travis. yeah man, coilovers are the shit. i thought they were too much and not worth it - but I was wrong. for anyone who wants next level suspension and feel on the road, good coilovers deliver like you wouldn't believe. (and I didn't believe - I just wanted to be able to lower as much as I wanted - but the performance is SWEET ass)

Old April 4th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #684 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

just got all of my suspension work aligned....they told me my camber plates were still in wrong - and now I understand how they are suppose to be in there, so I gotta re-fix that. but besides slight camber off in the front - it was smooth like a baby's ass when I went out just now.

but I am having more code trouble - Vehicle Speed Sensor 'A'...............keeps coming on and off. I think I just need to get Able Racing to re-tune my car. Sometimes it runs SO perfect and it's like a dream, other times the short term fuel trims are WAY off and it has trouble idling....I'll get some detail and make a new problem report thread here before too long.

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #685 (permalink)

Name: Cesar
Vehicle: 2008 Generic Veyron
gspower is a jewel in the roughgspower is a jewel in the rough
joe its time for a new sig pic with your upgraded rims and dumped stance.
like now
stop reading this post and do it..now
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #686 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
good stuff joe

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #687 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspower View Post
joe its time for a new sig pic with your upgraded rims and dumped stance.
like now
stop reading this post and do it..now
oh man I agree 100% and have already put in an order to dat_dood...but I guess he hasn't seen it yet or is no longer doing them or something, so anyone who could PS me one I would be deeply in their debt! I have several good photos on my members page and am very ready for a new one....

Old April 4th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #688 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
good stuff joe
hey thanks kyle! are you coming back through here to SA anytime soon? If you could coordinate a weekend coming through OKC on Saturday - you could crash at my house and we could hit the city meet with Tanner, Livi, and hopefully Freeker if he could make it up.

Old April 4th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #689 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Name: joeyc
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GT
JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
joe i wish we were closer i want u to drive my car and ride in yours to see how im doin-lol
speaking of front sway bar i recently had one of my f axles replaced and this weekend i changed the oil and i noticed there was a passenger side sway bar link not even there??
lol how do u forget that-i new something was wrong when car had been pullin-i even raced at track like that and was wondering why i ran high 14 when its normally low 14-that was right after i put stiffy in so io went to see new time and it was worse -lol will try again frid.
Old April 4th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #690 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Joe......Dude...you had to take your header off to do the front sway....oh man...what a bitch! I'm jealous over the coil-overs...I know they must be sweet! Thanks for the update.
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #691 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGlisson View Post
Hey Joe......Dude...you had to take your header off to do the front sway....oh man...what a bitch! I'm jealous over the coil-overs...I know they must be sweet! Thanks for the update.
haha yeah what a pain, it was NOT fun....took me several days, but what's new? Again, would never have bought or tried it w/out your thread - so thanks again on that.
the coilovers, Don, I can't describe how good a mod they are...I know you are buying internals...buy you MAY want to consider putting that on hold long enough to find a good deal on some....b/c I gotta tell you, they make a HUGE difference. I didn't think they would or even could - but they do. That BC coilover group by may still be going on and if you work w/ Joe from JMAuto on some D2s....they are off the hook, or should I say the end-link?
No - being able to pick the height down to milimeter, pick the hardness, adjust your spring rate, adjust your camber and what not - incredible. Just had my shit aligned at Hibdon over the weekend and those guys kept going on about how nice of set-up I had.

Old April 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #692 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOECRUZ-85 View Post
joe i wish we were closer i want u to drive my car and ride in yours to see how im doin-lol
speaking of front sway bar i recently had one of my f axles replaced and this weekend i changed the oil and i noticed there was a passenger side sway bar link not even there??
lol how do u forget that-i new something was wrong when car had been pullin-i even raced at track like that and was wondering why i ran high 14 when its normally low 14-that was right after i put stiffy in so io went to see new time and it was worse -lol will try again frid.
no passenger side end link? Whoa - nope that is not right. I actually busted one on the way to Hibdon over the weekend to get aligned b/c I had put my coilovers in wrong somehow. And the good news is it's only a $52 part.

yeah man if you ever make it here and I have my car "safe to drive" w/ my tune correct and the proper fuel delivery and all, you'd be welcome to drive it. If you hit the tracks then you obviously know how to drive. I would truthfully get my ass handed to me at a dragstrip against anyone who knew what they were doing there - I am mainly a street racer, and at least 50% of the tussles I get into are on a roll.
but dude, the stiffy, the roll mounts, all other bushings upgraded (control arms, crossmember, sway bar bushings) the sway bar, the coilovers, the LSD, and my clutch have basically eliminated any wheel spin or hop for me. oh yeah and the tires. another HUGE impact having actual high-performance tires up on there. Falken FK452s..................ba-dow.
I need to go to the track and get a least a run or two in if I am even THINKING of trying to race at IFO here in a week or two.

Old April 9th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #693 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
Congrats Mr Mod with a car that has lots of Mods
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #694 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

thanks Alex....wish you and Keith and some others were around more....the club isn't as good w/out you all, but I'm trying to do all I can

Old April 9th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #695 (permalink)

ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
Yup Once I get some video clips ready, i will become heavily active again. Keith is just chasing women right now hahahaha!
Old April 9th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #696 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well who can blame him? better throw him some erep, huh?

Old April 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #697 (permalink)

haha! damn right!
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #698 (permalink)

Name: Cless
Vehicle: 2006 Evo IX
Clessy has a spectacular aura about
Just thought i'd let you know. You go threw rims as if they're water. How many sets have you had now like 8?
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #699 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^naw dude, I got those Enkie E5's or whatever they were w/ my 06 GS...then didn't have anything else until I got those XXR's just a month ago. so 2 sets.

now, there are certainly people who DO go through them like water - but slap me if I become one of them, pls. I can't afford that.

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #700 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
actually,those rims you have on your car now are the ones i wanted if 1,i had more power,or 2 they were lighter than my stock ones lol.im on my second set of rims for the first time on any car ive ever owned and basically it was due to salt damaged and i didnt like having to buy another set FTL.i dont see how some of these people go through rims like they do.they must be ballin lol.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #701 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^I like the stering wheel in your avatar pic....I would look into it but I like being able to control the stereo from the wheel, not to mention the horn and airbag I'd rather keep in place. I know I can of course reach the stereo and the buttons on the wheel don't serve much purpose, but I like them, what can I say?

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #702 (permalink)
Love My Truck

snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
i hear ya,i still have my horn,just no airbag.ive had am steering wheels on just about every car ive owned for the last 15 years.this car was the only one i had to relocate the horn button.

i was dating this chic once way before i was married and she was in a wreck,the air bag did more damage to her face then the damage was done to her car and just because there is an air bag in the wheel,doesnt mean its going to deploy.there are alot of instances in the last few years where people were in wrecks and the bag did not deploy in a front end crash so its a risk im willing to take. ...on a side note,youve done great things with your car man and its 1 of 2 of my favorites.well done !
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #703 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
so answer me this. why he hell havent you been COTM? lmao and why cant you live in ohio to help me with my car. i was taking an on ramp yesterday at about 45 (and it was actually a pretty sharp turn) and got me thinking how much of a beast i could have been with sways and a drop. i was talking to my girl while we were cruising through it and shes like this feels like a roller coaster. im wondering how your car would have felt... coils. sways. bushings. hmmm... prolly woulda slid through it like butter.

anyways now that my random rant is over. im still in awe. i love this car and is by far one of my favorite GTs on the site... keep it up man

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #704 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
^naw dude, I got those Enkie E5's or whatever they were w/ my 06 GS...then didn't have anything else until I got those XXR's just a month ago. so 2 sets.

now, there are certainly people who DO go through them like water - but slap me if I become one of them, pls. I can't afford that.
Who are you kidding. Your pockets are as deep as a river!
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #705 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^I can see how it would appear that way - but my bank account is -$395 as we speak - no shit. I NEED NEED NEED my tax return and NOW.

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #706 (permalink)

Quote:
^I can see how it would appear that way - but my bank account is -$395 as we speak - no shit. I NEED NEED NEED my tax return and NOW.
Dude after I pay my bills I sometimes have less than $50 for 2 weeks. You don't know what broke is
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #707 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

you saw that NEGATIVE sign there right? I don't get paid until the 15th...I have a little girl looking at me who wants m & ms, suckers, and waffles, and I can't even buy them. all my credit cards are maxed or closed. oh boy - believe, I can make a foolish financial decision with the best of them!

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #708 (permalink)

Quote:
you saw that NEGATIVE sign there right? I don't get paid until the 15th...I have a little girl looking at me who wants m & ms, suckers, and waffles, and I can't even buy them. all my credit cards are maxed or closed. oh boy - believe, I can make a foolish financial decision with the best of them!
I did not see that negative sign lol
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #709 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Quote:
yea,but at least you have something very nice to show for it. it would be different if all that money just went out the window with NOTHING to show for it.its a good thing i only have 1 credit card or i would be in the same boat.those credit cards are blood suckers lol.
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #710 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

yeah credit cards are just not the answer. speding money before you've earned it is just never a good idea unless it's something like medical bills.

so you see Cless - you have $50 more then me, and it's going to take $400 for me just to get back to 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you guys do make me feel a little better about my spending choices. yeah, if I were going to sell that car I couldn't take less then 40K - and I would be taking at least some loss with that.

Old April 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #711 (permalink)

Cars are horrible investments man. In all honesty you'd be lucky to get $23k for a used 2008. Everyones just gonna look at blue book and everything else as just extra free bonus.
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #712 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^that's why I'll have mine until the day I leave this mortal coil. Hope to give it to my daughter here in 13 years, maybe

Old April 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #713 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
^that's why I'll have mine until the day I leave this mortal coil. Hope to give it to my daughter here in 13 years, maybe
i need lady parts and to change my last name to "steen" then...

ROFL im kidding. but as much as i agree cars are a HORRIBLE investment. theyre hella fun and lead to great things sometimes. you could be a car model. or land all kinds of unique and crazy shit. ive been asked for pics for money. and mine is plain as day till the night time comes. so. keep that in mind bro i feel you on the money thing as well. hence why i will NEVER have a credit card. my thinking is if i cant pay for it in cash. i dont need it that bad

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #714 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
i need lady parts and to change my last name to "steen" then...

ROFL im kidding. but as much as i agree cars are a HORRIBLE investment. theyre hella fun and lead to great things sometimes. you could be a car model. or land all kinds of unique and crazy shit. ive been asked for pics for money. and mine is plain as day till the night time comes. so. keep that in mind bro i feel you on the money thing as well. hence why i will NEVER have a credit card. my thinking is if i cant pay for it in cash. i dont need it that bad
Have fun never being able to just get something you want on the spot then. You're gonna be the saving man! Plus unless you can save insane amounts of money you're never gonna be buy 40k cars
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #715 (permalink)

thats what ive been doing and i have all i want with the eclipse. all i have left if i really want to are all visual/ exterior mods. im running full bolt ons. got my nitrous. have all i need to tune it. aside from general maintenance im done (oil changes, tires, sea foam on occasion etc) if i didnt have the cash in the bank i never even considered it. i cant afford to be in debt (LOL see what i did there?)

but.. once i get my next car (s2000 if im lucky!) im turboing it. so. there is gonna be my money pit... sadly.... lol.

Quote:
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #716 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
thats what ive been doing and i have all i want with the eclipse. all i have left if i really want to are all visual/ exterior mods. im running full bolt ons. got my nitrous. have all i need to tune it. aside from general maintenance im done (oil changes, tires, sea foam on occasion etc) if i didnt have the cash in the bank i never even considered it. i cant afford to be in debt (LOL see what i did there?)

but.. once i get my next car (s2000 if im lucky!) im turboing it. so. there is gonna be my money pit... sadly.... lol.
Turbo your gs and send it my way.
Old April 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #717 (permalink)

nitrous baby

Quote:
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #718 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
Have fun never being able to just get something you want on the spot then. You're gonna be the saving man! Plus unless you can save insane amounts of money you're never gonna be buy 40k cars
What are you talking about? That is exactly what I do and I have the eclipse paid off, a sweet C6 Corvette, and bad ass Honda CBR600rr bike, and just picked up a nice little Mazda MX5 for the wifey. Saving money is the best thing you can do.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #719 (permalink)

i like the way jeep thinks.

Quote:
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #720 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
What are you talking about? That is exactly what I do and I have the eclipse paid off, a sweet C6 Corvette, and bad ass Honda CBR600rr bike, and just picked up a nice little Mazda MX5 for the wifey. Saving money is the best thing you can do.
ho boy I wish I was you man. I need to take some financial management classes from you. You'd think a BA from the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma would be enough to teach me to get me a good job, manage money, and stay out of debt. FAIL.

However....in 3.5 years I will have all my credit cards paid off, my car paid off, and my main loan from my bank paid off. It will be a whole new world as long as I can keep my job and keep making all my payments....so pray for me.

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.