Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballfade View Post
that paint needs some tlc
yeah good call. there is no excuse for it....I will address that soon.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
stay away from the turtle wax black box
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #43 (permalink)

Name: Tanner
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GS
I-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
yeah good call. there is no excuse for it....I will address that soon.
I'm off today if you want to address it with me. But god damn! i love the sound of that s/c
I-Eat-Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Dang Joey...that is one sweet setup you have.
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^hey thanks Don. I wish I had a bunch of the stuff you have, though - starting with that body kit...I keep telling myself that's the next thing I'll get but it never happens...I keep having to buy other stuff...bah

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Love that car

Name: Dane Bush
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GT
20eclipse08 has a spectacular aura about
I want to see some vids of you actually runnin the kit . . . . please
20eclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well, I would go out and do it now but there are tornados on the ground out there...

Old May 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
hey man i still get a little oil still in my intake and i just had the charer rebuilt umm could it be that i do not have a oil catch can on the hoses??? this is pissing me off also the most boost i ever see is 4 lbs and it varries like sometimes it goes to only 3 lbs i feel like i should have more power... after the charger was rebuilt the oil leak was less but the bov still blows out alittle oil. and i dont even start to see boost till i get into mivec 4000 rpm's is that the same with u please help
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
o and my charger sounds like its going to blow up when im at idol like 600 rpm ill take a video its like a clanking ratteling noise but its only in idol drivin is fine and sounds jus like yours
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Name: D
Vehicle: 06 eclipse GT
Mr. 4th gen eclipse is a jewel in the roughMr. 4th gen eclipse is a jewel in the rough
nice
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

just raced either a pontiac GTO or G8...
first on a roll and it wasn't even remotely close
then I could tell the guy realized he'd bitten off more then he could chew as we rolled up to the stop light. then I totally jumped down his ass and blew him away right off the line. maybe he wasn't really trying anymore...he certainly wasn't doing something anymore...hehe

edit: okay - not sure what this was anymore. hard to believe it was a GTO but I don't think it was a G8 or a G6. (99% sure it wasn't). the kid in there did look old enough to pass his drivers test in a few weeks, so maybe he just didn't know how to drive, or maybe this was something else. sure looked like a a GTO...sort of....I think.....I tried to run him down for you guys from the moment I saw him so I could come back and post up...hmph....that is why I need video, huh?

Last edited by joeyb; May 16th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
hey man i still get a little oil still in my intake and i just had the charer rebuilt umm could it be that i do not have a oil catch can on the hoses??? this is pissing me off also the most boost i ever see is 4 lbs and it varries like sometimes it goes to only 3 lbs i feel like i should have more power... after the charger was rebuilt the oil leak was less but the bov still blows out alittle oil. and i dont even start to see boost till i get into mivec 4000 rpm's is that the same with u please help
yeah man that doesn't sound right at all...I was asking twilson about the oil catch and I am thinking we both definitely need to try it out. have you asked Ripp to help you troubleshoot? what are you using for the timing? the black box or do you have the fic? PM your set up or some pics and I will take a look/think on it...there have been a million little things that you have to get right, and I doubt I've figured them all out. you say you just had the charger rebuilt? sounds like they didn't put it back together right if it's clanking AT ALL....

but it should be humming like finely tuned device at 600 rpm.......lately I have been driving around trying NOT to go into boost - (and still kicking some ass, I might say) because I don't have everything working properly either...I am getting close to biting the bullet and buying the AEM FI/C and new injectors - but that is expensive and a pain I was hoping not to deal with...but I would much rather not blow up my car. let me think about it tonight man. like I said, PM more details or point me to some engine pics if you can...

Old May 10th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
Love that car

Who installed your guys kits
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
joe great car, great job.

Please post vids when u get a chance, no pressure.

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
HOONIGAN

Name: Ice
Vehicle: Y2K Eclipse GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN99TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice!
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #56 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Yhe video is up on yhe problems report of my charger noise it's horrable

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1215192795046

Last edited by dejectedangle; May 11th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
You know if my car sounded like that I would just throw the stereo away....that would be all the music my ears would need.
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #58 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGlisson View Post
You know if my car sounded like that I would just throw the stereo away....that would be all the music my ears would need.
^lol - yeah Jeff has me thinking I need to get rid of that heavy stuff back there, just for performance...but I love it so much...and I probably listen to music in there MORE than I tax my motor...but that's not true either, but I am rarely at the track and worrying about the extra weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO View Post
Very nice!
thx Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseFL07 View Post
joe great car, great job.

Please post vids when u get a chance, no pressure.
thanks man. I will for sure. I will do some more soon but weather here was bad yesterday and still am behind at work...but soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20eclipse08 View Post
Who installed your guys kits
I did most of the work on mine myself...but I did have some electronics help and troublshooting assistance from this guy named Jerry who built dragsters and 'fuel cars' as he called them...I am speaking about him in past tense b/c he died last week. not cool, but he had health problems and all...his funeral was yesterday but I did not go, as I didn't really know him that well.

of course, I had RIPP help me troubleshoot when I needed (and still am) and called the dealer w/ a question or two - but i DID NOT get on the forum at the time..I should have. probably could have saved myself many a headache.

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Name: Ruben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS-Turbo
leet will become famous soon enough
good job on moving the vac/boost line
the s/c from ripps is so clean love how it looks on a gt.
can we see some runs on an empty street?
leet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yessir. yessir you can. just as soon as I can get someone to go with me to take a shot or two. my wife cannot most of the time, as we have a little one, and my best friend/brother in law is utterly useless behind the camera. SO that means I have to someone else to shoot, so that usually takes a few days...so....standby.

Old May 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #61 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt UV
omar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant futureomar123 has a brilliant future
Black box is no good ,it's the worst piggyback.
omar123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yes I am not liking it at the moment....the AEM FIC is looking quite attractive to me...except the extra money - but I guess if I save an engine it's worth it huh?

Old May 12th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #63 (permalink)
Car Sold

EclipseJunky will become famous soon enough
Joey great car man...

1. You have some newspapers collecting in your driveway
2. I am now confused if I want your spoiler or to keep mine...
3. How much did getting that SC system run you with everything?
4. Sounds amazing.
EclipseJunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #64 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

hey thanks for the kind words brian!

nice of you to notice those papers - I haven't had a subscription since I took over this house last July, and they haven't asked me for payment at all. I have asked them to stop delivering, but it may be time to do that again...
yeah I love that GSX style spoiler - simple and sleek
oh the SC probably cost around 4500 itself - but headers and a decent exhuast are a must...so add in another 1000 at least. if I could get my electronics working properly all would be well, but now I am looking at another 750 or so on the AEM FIC and injectors to make this all work right - but a lot of other guys have had better luck w/ the RIPP electronics, and mine is OK.

one thing that IS cool regardless is just driving around w/ the extra power - not even going into boost - I still love to see the vacuum reading go up to -5 or 0 (near boost) when I drive around normally.
Sometimes, when I come off a stop light w/ another car that thinks he's fast or going to get up on an eclipse, I will be at like 1/4 throttle and maybe 2500 rpm, and my engine seems loud already, and I can hear them pushing their car and motor to try to get ahead of me as they think that's all I have....then I open it up to 1/2 or 3/4 throttle, my engine roars + see the boost reading go up, and I blast away from them. many times in the rear view I can even see them stunned in there and kind of slink back down like they didn't just try that.....it is SOOOOOOO fucking fun.

Last edited by joeyb; May 16th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Love that car

god i want one
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #66 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Lightbulb anyone who wants an SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseJunky View Post
3. How much did getting that SC system run you with everything?
Quote:
god i want one
just had a thought. (rare for me, I know) - but 4500 does seem like an awful lot for the kit - but this is the stage 2 kit - if you just want the sc sound and more power - I would buy the tuners' kit from RIPP. it is 1500 less than the stage 2. then if you really feel like you need more, get the AEM FIC and bigger injectors later. then you can add on the methanol kit if you want, for even more performance. and if you are shrewd, and the OBX install I'm about to do w/ Jeff works out, you do headers and a good cat-back for less than 1000, as the OBX headers are about 350 - 375 or so, and you could find a decent cat/axle back for around 4 or 5 hundred I think.
so maybe all told you could do it for about 4K, maybe a little more.

RIPP Tuners Package for V6 vehicles equipped with 2.4 Mivec, 2.7V6 Delta, 3.0V6 6G72, 3.8V6

Last edited by joeyb; June 5th, 2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #67 (permalink)
Love that car

Oh I want the stage two lol so how do you know what numbers to plug in the AEM FIC for this rather than using the black box thats made for it.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Oh I want the stage two lol so how do you know what numbers to plug in the AEM FIC for this rather than using the black box thats made for it.
well, you can consult with BrianJ on this forum and other members who have used the AEM FIC for one thing. Suprsaiyjinbroli wrote a really good how-to post on setting it up and getting the device some initial data once you have it installed. then the 'tuning' part of it (which YOU can actaully do yourself instead of having someone re-map the bb or another device for you - for god knows what money) is no doubt a learning curve, but ricoswave and others on here have posted great info to help and are doing it RIGHT NOW - and mainly, buy the directions and instructional dvd and you can tweak it yourself. you can control supplemental injectors or just the 6 in our engine. you obviously need to know something about timing and what sensors send what info and all that - but the instructions and forum members should be able to guide you..

so if you want the stage 2 kit I would still say - get the blower from RIPP, and possibly the spray methanol kit (but others sell that too I think), and then get bigger injectors and the AEM FIC. so that would basically be stage 2. which I don't think RIPP even sells anymore for the 4g - so you may have to do this anyway. but if I could do it again that is what I would do. fuck the black box and fuck the bratt. though some people have had success w/ them, and mine have been OK, I think the AEM FIC is the way to go.

Last edited by joeyb; June 7th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
aka Niņo4g

Name: Alex
4gAddict is just really nice4gAddict is just really nice4gAddict is just really nice
The sound of your car reminds me of the supercharged Mercedes Benz I had in Need For Speed Sounds really nice.
4gAddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #70 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gAddict View Post
The sound of your car reminds me of the supercharged Mercedes Benz I had in Need For Speed Sounds really nice.
thx Alex! yeah, I usually can't get enough of it. it's a pain in the ass sometimes, and it seems like I'll need even more money to get it going as fast as it should/could be going, BUT most of the time just driving around - even slow - I love to just listen.

I also just love to accelerate slowly and listen to the sound of the blower spooling up like a jet engine on a runway before takeoff as I drive down the street. at about 2100 RPM it makes this higher pitched whine, almost like a light saber or something, then at 4000 RPM when you are giving it some gas you can hear the subtle but very cool sound of the blow-off valve open. sounds like a sword being unsheathed or two blades ringing off one another.

Old May 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow i wana buy it now just for the noise, cause that sir sounds pretty fucking epic

please make a video of the noise at least

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseFL07 View Post
Wow i wana buy it now just for the noise, cause that sir sounds pretty fucking epic

please make a video of the noise at least
well shit sorry man I've got two issues at the moment -

1) I already have good footage of the very noises I am describing (especially the jet engine as I go slowly down the street) - but it's on the camera that I can't seem to get anything off of - arg!

2) my car up on jack-stands while I install these motor mounts. OTHERWISE I'd go this very second and get you one of at least the sound while I drive slowly down the street - with my regular camera in video mode that I can get stuff off of. the weather has cleared here, but I am being thwarted by this one bolt on the rear motor mount bracket...bah.

but I PROMISE to you personally that I will post those sounds just as soon as I can. people wanting runs and races may have to wait a hair longer.

Last edited by joeyb; May 15th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #73 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

well that took way longer that it should have...

Quote:

2) my car up on jack-stands while I install these motor mounts. OTHERWISE I'd go this very second and get you one of at least the sound while I drive slowly down the street - with my regular camera in video mode that I can get stuff off of. the weather has cleared here, but I am being thwarted by this one bolt on the rear motor mount bracket...bah.
jeez I finally got by that bolt - what a pain. getting that rear motor mount out is SOOOOO difficult. and the only reason the front was easy was b/c I had already replaced it when I did my headers. that leaves me with a spare front motor mount that is going into jeff's baby this friday.

here are the upgraded crossmember bushings

here is the state of my car and has been since thursday afternoon.

should be done soon though

Last edited by joeyb; May 16th, 2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:56 AM   #74 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
great to hear man

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #75 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

new motor mounts installed - it's 5 am. I'd best get some sleep.

rear mount - that is seriously 10 X as good as the bullshit stock ones.

front mount

here is the rear engine mount bracket that kicked my ass for a day and a half.

rear re-installed

rear re-installed w/ bracket

front installed

boy that was a job I sure underestimated...whew.

Last edited by joeyb; May 16th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Good job sir! sadly i cant rep ya atm .
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps

Last edited by Ballfade; May 16th, 2010 at 12:12 PM.
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #77 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ hey thanks keith! I JUST now drove it for the first time since the upgrade - and I can't describe how cool it was and how dumb I feel for driving around w/out this kit.

maybe the phrase "a whole new world" would be a bit over the top, but man - before it would shake and hit the frame in there if I didn't nail the RPMs and the launch / clutch releast JUST right. now - the motor in there is TIGHT as shit and more power is going to the ground just from those motor mounts. so much it's almost hard for me not to spin. but I will say this, I also tightened my belt, and the squealing was totally gone. so at least for that little perfect run to the corner - my car was handling/feeling/sounding better than it ever has before. god I am a dumbass for not doing that sooner.

I said: "god I am a dumbass...." guys..........guys?...........

.....someone can correct me at anytime.........fellas?.....

...chirp....chirp....chirp....

Last edited by joeyb; May 18th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #78 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
nice cant wait to see it the car next year i just picked up another 4g so now we be rolling deep when we have a meet
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^holy shit man you say you got ANOTHER one?

Old May 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Unhappy

Quote:
just raced either a pontiac GTO or G8...
first on a roll and it wasn't even remotely close
then I could tell the guy realized he'd bitten off more then he could chew as we rolled up to the stop light. then I totally jumped down his ass and blew him away right off the line. maybe he wasn't really trying anymore...he certainly wasn't doing something anymore...hehe
edit from above:

okay - not sure what this was anymore. hard to believe it was a GTO but I don't think it was a G8 or a G6. (99% sure it wasn't either). the kid in there did look old enough to pass his drivers test in a few weeks, so maybe he just didn't know how to drive, or maybe this was something else. sure looked like a GTO...sort of....I think.....I tried to run him down for you guys from the moment I saw him so I could come back and post up...hmph....

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.