Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 20 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #761 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
Joey that is one sexy ass car you have there. Keep it up man. Seeing yours make me wanna start building mine more and more. Although that DSM of mine is consuming all my money lol. Keep up the good work.
^thanks Alan. well mine is a pretty decent street machine - you are the one building a bad as f*ck dragster..............that's going to be SICK.....I am looking forward to getting the other 6G75 down here - just so I can start to tinker with it. Childs' play for you, but I've got A LOT of learning to do....hope you don't mind me coming to you for help with my engine build.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost

Last edited by joeyb; April 16th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #762 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
Good show Joe!!! Looks like everything is shaping up nicely !!
I think so, Pat! Thanks so much for your help....and your motor, hehe!! Well, I have to do the customs broker - and that's gonna be a little chunk of change but hopefully not too bad...then send the shipping company some invoice...then fill out a little more paper work or something then I should be done. Process in flight, ball rolling - hopefully be done Monday. Then it COMES TO ME. Surrey to Norman, OK.........6G75......COME TO UNCLE JOEY.

Old April 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #763 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
^ always the modest one

dude you're car is so bad ass!

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #764 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ thanks Jeff - wish you could come up here for IFO tomorrow.....

and my car - I'm very happy w/ it the way it is, but until I have it to where I can press the pedal to the floor w/out worry I'm going to blow the damn intake manifold right off the fucking engine or rip apart piston #3...it's just a work in progress...I need not only my engine finished building and a retune...I gotta get my fuel delivery system totally upgraded and dialed in (at least I have all of the fuel parts sitting here), my cooling totally fixed and dialed in (that will be +25 whp if I can make it work for me), my oil cooler installed, THEN I will be ready to say she is basically done. Then I will do the body kit and MAYBE a dope shot. MAYBE. It sounds great, but that's another 1K for a good set up and all the parts I need. Ho boy.........

Old April 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #765 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
when we get that motor built joe lets fucking floor the piss outa the one thats in it now... and can i ask a serious question? may i be that floor mashing engine thrashing bastard?

I got Mods.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #766 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well, that one in there has less then 12K on it right now....shouldn't we preserve the motor parts? I know I am going to need at least one or two things off of mine to go on the "new" one, as they were damaged in Pat's 'misfortune'/accident.

Old April 17th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #767 (permalink)
The thread killer...

sure man i was just dreaming

I got Mods.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #768 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well hell man - I thought you wanted the motor....? we can scrounge together some internals before too long, I'm sure....

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #769 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Just got my unit of oil cooling.....

here are pics:

looks like a sweet ass high quality unit.... now if I just knew where to mount it....ho boy. looks like I'll have to take off the front bumper....meh.............

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #770 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
stupid question.. but why would you want the oil cooled? wouldnt the warmer temps help it flow? i know our weight makes the oil damn near water like as is but still

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #771 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^I believe that no matter what it will be hot enough to flow - but any cooling you can do for the engine will help.... maybe someone else can enlighten us a bit further.

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #772 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
i never thought of it like that lol. but thats a great point.

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #773 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well, I'm talking like I know. I do not, it's just a guess....but people say it's good and I am easily influenced....

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #774 (permalink)

you bought a part you dont even know how it works

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #775 (permalink)

thats alright idk how my motor works but im sure you surpass me on that one..

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #776 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^dude, that's how I roll...you should know that by now.

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #777 (permalink)

we all do that from time to time... hell it took me since october to figure out how to use/ hook up my nitrous!

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #778 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Keep cutting a path for me to follow in Joe I'm way behind you but starting to trudge along. I'm really impressed with what you have already done and fascinated with your future plans.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #779 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
The oil cooler will help keep the oil's viscosity from breaking down under extreme heat.....if that happens you loose a lot of the protection the oil provides. It is a smart thing to do.....I had one on my Boss Mustang years ago. Another added benefit although smaller is that it increases the amount of oil you can carry....cooler oil and more oil...always a good thing.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #780 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGlisson View Post
Keep cutting a path for me to follow in Joe I'm way behind you but starting to trudge along. I'm really impressed with what you have already done and fascinated with your future plans.
thanks Don! well I will blaze a trail for you so you can do what works and avoid the costly mistakes. I am trying to follow dejected as far as the engine build, but it seems like there is still so much for me to do....
---> fuel delivery upgrade: pink injectors, pump, FPR & new steel lines
---> cooling system: need to dial in my methonal injection and get that working or get a real intercooler and a bunch of piping...ugh + the oil cooler
---> still need like $500 - $1000 in other parts to finish my engine build; have another 6G75 coming, but need valve package + head studs + gaskets/hardware

oh man, I'm still a long way from home........

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:42 AM   #781 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Post Installed New Spark Plugs & Intake Manifold Spacers

Here are some photos I shot while changing my plugs and installing the Outlaw Engineering Intake Manifold Spacer Kit:

Parts removed, IM moved aside - not completely removed:

You can see the boots of the spark plugs moved out and the holes where the plugs are - for anyone who hasn't done it before:

the removed old spark plugs - not too bad, actually....:

I don't see anything fishy...but please tell me if you see something bad/wrong/etc:

================================================== ===
Here's the Outlaw Engineer Intake Manifold Spacer Kit, ready for install:

the instructions suggest using a small amount of liquid gasket/sealant between the spacer and the OEM gasket - with my boost set up, I figured this was a VERY good idea:

Clamp that shit together and let it dry - making sure it's 100% lined up:

one of the tougher parts of the install is elongating the bolt holes on the back brackets that connect the block/head to the IM in the rear; here is a shot of the brackets (hard to see - they are black)

here's a shot of them elongated w/ drill and dremel tool:

Once everything is lined back up, the IM is back in place, then you just use the longer bolts and washers that came with the kit - be careful when trying to line these up - not easy, not hard - but you can strip the bolts/IM holes if you are not cautious and patient. Here you can see the shiny new bolts torqued down into place:

What better time to clean your throttle body? Mine was quite dirty for some reason...maybe blowing oil into the IM before I had my catch can....

Clean your IM the best you can, and prep to reinstall the TB:

Here you can see the spacer installed - the gasket tab 'FLIPPED' to the other side - I hope that is right, the threads about this are confusing, and I have heard that the Service Manual is/was wrong - so I don't know for sure how it should be. If someone does, please tell me if I have it right or not:

Tried to get a shot of the installed IM spacer - you can see it in there if you look carefully.

Well, it's 3:40 am and I have to work at 8:30 am....I have a hunch that the bed would be a smart place to be and soon. Guess I've put in enough wrench time for tonight. I am still trying to clean up my bay a little bit - get rid of some of the loose wires and make thinks look a little nicer/cleaner. I'll get some new shots when I'm done.

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:14 AM   #782 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
It's looking pretty sick. You make the spoiler look good. Those rims look sweet too,how much were they each?

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3

Last edited by PearlGreenNMean; April 21st, 2011 at 07:18 AM.
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:25 AM   #783 (permalink)
Amarillo 4g

Name: Dustin
DustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really nice
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:55 AM   #784 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
White plug burning hot niceeeee.... Joe the oil cooler is going to your charger??? Right

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM   #785 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
To make shur to re torque the intake after a drive... That's how I fucked up my threads I never checked them again

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM   #786 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Joey as you said b4 you may go broke doing this build......

I damn sure am

I'm broke and happy so who gives a fu^!

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM   #787 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hahaha No doubt, my friend. I am scheming every day on how to get the money I need for the rest of the parts for my build - but I am getting there one part at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
White plug burning hot niceeeee.... Joe the oil cooler is going to your charger??? Right
Well, the sending plate goes between the filter and the block, so that's where the hoses will go....I don't know if I can modify it to make it to where the cooled oil goes straight into the charger or not...I'll try - but either way, all the oil should just be constantly cooled. and like Don says above, more oil can be carried. add in what we carry in the SC, and that's even more! so that is always good. I am pumped about that cooler - I think I'm going to pull the front bumper and start trying to get it mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGreenNMean View Post
It's looking pretty sick. You make the spoiler look good. Those rims look sweet too,how much were they each?
thanks man. I think thy were around $145 each. My tires were like $170 a piece, I think. Whole package was like $1360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
thanks Dustin! still working on the bay. I'm checking wires and trying to clean them up. I'll take some new pics of the whole bay later today if I can get it finished.

Old April 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM   #788 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
Just got my unit of oil cooling.....

here are pics:

looks like a sweet ass high quality unit.... now if I just knew where to mount it....ho boy. looks like I'll have to take off the front bumper....meh.............
That looks pretty sweet, I need one of these sooner or later would you mind sending me the link where you got this. When you install it as well be sure to let us know if anything changes. Cooled oil is always nicer because mine is near boiling when it goes back into the pan. GL with finding a mounting area some small hole will find its way to you

Dax: Like joey said cooler engine is a happy engine, cold oil means cooler turbo means cooler air

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:36 PM   #789 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Ya when u get the cooler in place post pics man!!!!! It looks like a nice oil cooler

I heard you got the meth too... Ur getin it all together after I put the meth in everytime I shift during WOT blue flames come out the exhaust.... Your going to deff feel a hp increase

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM   #790 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^I plan on doing at least a somewhat detailed how - to...I don't think our forum has one on installing an oil cooler.

shit are you serious about the blue flames?! I know it's like running race gas and this magazine did a test and confirmed 25 - 49 whp increase.....so I am pretty pumped. I am trying to work on it tonight....

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM   #791 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
Don't the 4g gt autos have an oil or transmission cooler stock? If I were you I would just copy the placement of the stock cooler right in front of the radiator. I will go snap a pic of mine now for you.
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM   #792 (permalink)

ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
Ok here are the pictures. This was taken after my drive from Fort Worth to Houston, so the car is filthy. No the bee in the cooler is not stock

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM   #793 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^oh great man!! thanks for the pics!! If the holes are there then I should be able to whip up some kind of mount, and the rest should be easy! Hell, the hardest thing will be taking off the damn front bumper.

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM   #794 (permalink)
Amarillo 4g

Name: Dustin
DustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really nice
Quote:
thanks Dustin! still working on the bay. I'm checking wires and trying to clean them up. I'll take some new pics of the whole bay later today if I can get it finished.

Gotta see it...Thats pretty insane man!

Last edited by joeyb; April 21st, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
DustinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM   #795 (permalink)

Np man, lemme know if you need any more pics of how it's mounted or how the line is run and I'll do the best I can to help.

Edit: I just looked at your oil cooler and it looks like the mounting points are different, so I'm not sure how much help it is but oh well lol

Last edited by ptr149; April 21st, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
ptr149 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM   #796 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah I noticed the different mount points, but that's ok - I can fabricate something that will make it work.

what I'm having trouble with is finding a good place to mount my fuel pressure regulator....

Old April 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM   #797 (permalink)

Hey joey can you measure the distance between the mounting points on the cooler?
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:03 PM   #798 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^13" exactly.

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM   #799 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
Quote:
^yeah I noticed the different mount points, but that's ok - I can fabricate something that will make it work.

what I'm having trouble with is finding a good place to mount my fuel pressure regulator....
Considered a battery relocate to free up some room? If you already have sorry for not double checking and posting for no reason. That's where I plan to mount the FPR and catch can when I get my car back from the shop.
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:31 PM   #800 (permalink)

Quote:
^13" exactly.
Ok cool, i'll measure the stock one right now, brb

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.