Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 21 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM   #801 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
The mounting points for the oem one are less than 5 inches apart. Looks like it will all be custom for u lol
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM   #802 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^ah no worries - I'll make it work as long as I have a starting point. I can fab something up like I did w/ my catch can.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM   #803 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemenohpee View Post
Considered a battery relocate to free up some room? If you already have sorry for not double checking and posting for no reason. That's where I plan to mount the FPR and catch can when I get my car back from the shop.
well, I'll look, but I already got my catch can in there in a decent spot, so I'll have to see if moving the bat is worth it just for the FPR....but good idea man, thanks. going out to work on it now.

I'm going to have to take the bumper off to mount the oil cooler, the back seat out to get at the fuel pump, the IM off to put in the injectors and all, so I have a major job coming up and I am not sure how much I can get done this weekend.

I may just clean up and tighten down from where I'm at right now - make sure my spacers are running ok, and see if there are any obvious trouble spots with my wires - specifically the o2 sensor stuff. it's been a hassle basically this whole time, ever since I put in the SC...but oh well - I'll deal with it.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM   #804 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
^ pioneer that shit man!

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:43 AM   #805 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^

man I tell you what - I just went out with my a new set of plugs in and the intake spacers...I remember reading about how people would go on about doing those 2 things together and notice an improvement - some said a BIG improvement. I thought it was bullshit....IT'S NOT. I for sure noticed her running way smoother and just purring like a kitten and running like a champ. I was very surprised, I did not expect to notice that much.
I can't say I felt more POWER or anything, but boy the car sure did run better. I also flipped the tab on the throttle body so I'm not sure if that helped also, but something sure did between fresh Iridium 1-step colder plugs, flipped TB tab, and the Outlaw Eng. Thermoblock spacers.
I tell you, just when I think I can't fine tune it anymore or love the bitch anymore - she proves me wrong.
I LOVE THIS CAR................................LOVE IT.

the only thing better would be if the engine was built to the balls and the tune was 100% dialed in................................................ .well...all in due time.

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #806 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Arrow

oHHHHHHHHHH SHIT...............just got the final piece of info needed to import an engine from Canada into the US....................my 2nd used 6G75 will be on it's way to me very shortly..........I AM STOKED........................Thanks Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to get my hands on an engine stand and lift....I need to buy the valve package from Delta cams............I need to have the machine work done on the IM and the over-bore for the pistons..................I need head-stud package found by Thomas.................I think that MAY be it...............HOLY SHIT I AM PUMPED.

new 6G FOR ME........................

Old April 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #807 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future

im going to be close to your location here in about 6 months. going to have to take a trip over to that side of OK to check this fiiine beast out in person.

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #808 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
Joey you're car is nuts, you are going to have the most solid built 4G ever lol. Truth
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #809 (permalink)
jAyDyNn <3

Vehicle: 09 eclipse GT
eclipseChikGT is a jewel in the rougheclipseChikGT is a jewel in the rough
Car looks fantastic hun!!!
Good work!
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #810 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseChikGT View Post
Car looks fantastic hun!!!
Good work!
[B]^well thank you kindly. she's cost me a whole ton of time and even more $$, but I love my GT so I do what I can for her. yours looks sweet as well - I need to check your profile for pics and threads - hopefully one is members' ride thread w/ detailed pics and different angles - b/c that looks great - and I am not a huge fan of yellow, but it sure looks sharp with those eyelids, the SE spoiler, and the black front bumper & FOG light enclosures. very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemenohpee View Post
Joey you're car is nuts, you are going to have the most solid built 4G ever lol. Truth
shit trev that is VERY cool of you to say, man. I want the shit to be bullet proof...someday, she will be. I will have the SC dialed into 8 - 12 lbs always on 24/7, and then a big bottle of dope shot to add in 100 - 125 more ponies if something calls for special treatment....like a cobra or a GTO....I want to beat one of those and get it one tape.........how about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
im going to be close to your location here in about 6 months. going to have to take a trip over to that side of OK to check this fiiine beast out in person.
don't tease me! you know you are welcome here anytime, bro. maybe by then I'll have the engine built and swapped.....I doubt I'll have the bottle in or the body kit on, but possibly the engine will be built. maybe. possibly. I certainly will try - but it will mainly be money that decides...

Old April 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #811 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
omfg you vs randy. holy shit. record it. and let me oggle and drool all over it

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #812 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah man this one time I thought I beat a GTO....since then I have come to realize that either 1 of 2 things must have been true - either he wasn't driving or it wasn't a GTO. Since then I have become obsessed with the idea of beating one on film....oh man that would be the shit. I'd have to beat him twice just so he knew it wasn't a fluke. of course theres' no contest stock v. stock, but so what? that's part of the fun of modding, and man it would be a huge accomplishment for me and hopefully the community would take some pride in it if I could actually pull it off....but until the build is done, nitrous installed and the race/win is on tape - it's all a lot of talk.

Old April 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #813 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Hey did you install your fuel pressure sensor??

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #814 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^no not yet....I will when I get my FPR in, was my plan

Old April 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #815 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
Either one of those kills would be nasty, the look they would have omg priceless> It's like one of those memories you haved stamped for the rest of your life and them some. 8-12 lbs will be craaazy, but the way you are going about it the engine will always be able to take that beating. One day one small step at a time, thats all it takes.
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #816 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

I was just out there wrenching on my honey and I tell you, nothing feels better then hearing that little 'pop' of the torque wrench that let's you know it's perfectly torqued. it's like the final little sound/indicator that lets' you know you have done it properly. I am re-torquing all my suspension work and intake manifold bolts to make sure it's all PERFECT. If you don't know what I'm talking about, and you wrench on your wheels, you really need to find out....that's all I can say. It feels good, you achieve peace of mind, and it's done the right way for sure if you torque to the #'s specified in the service manual.

I love it.

Old April 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #817 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
Hey did you install your fuel pressure sensor??
i diiiiiiiiid

and Joey it sounds like i need a torque wrench

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #818 (permalink)
Perfection over power

I don't have any torque wrenches :/ I've stripped a few nuts n bolts in my time lol not too proud of it.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #819 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah guys, there are some things it probably doesn't matter on, as long as it's tight. BUT with the engine and suspension bolts, it is probably pretty critical. It's what the pros do, so I'd say it's best to make sure you are hitting those specs when at all possible.

Old April 30th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #820 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
i diiiiiiiiid

and Joey it sounds like i need a torque wrench
There not expensive, look on ebay. I bought one for 15$ and it works just fine.

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:50 PM   #821 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

wow - so another lesson about torquing to the correct spec via the service manual. over the last few days I'd been hearing something rattle under my car when I got on the gas. nothing new for my car, but I've become pretty good at locating the source and getting it corrected. but had not been able to with this one. I thought that it was a loose bolt or nut that had fallen down into the engine or landed on the crossmember at some point in the past.....well tonight I found it....It was 2 critical bolts that had come loose and started to work their way out. they were two of the three that are holding on the drivers' side front control arm....yeah - not something that you want loose....OH BOY I shudder to think what would have happened if those had failed on me on the highway or at speed.

so let me re-iterate - torque to spec........or ignore at your peril

that is all.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #822 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Arrow Muteki Lugs Installed & Gas Cap Painted

arrived from Ricoswave:

subtle changes but I like them:

I really like the way these look on the rim - cool the way there is no end cap on the nut, guess you save a tiny tiny bit of weight:

I may remove the final TEIN decal there...you guys think so?

some shots of the rear-end upgrades:
you can see the rear sway, the D2 coils, rear control arm bushing (barely to the left) and the 3" Injen SES...

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM   #823 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 103

Name: Jay to the F'N Rod
Vehicle: 69 Cadi (07 Spyder GT)
j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
digging it all
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #824 (permalink)
CF ----> Carbon Freak :)

Name: Phil
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
BPHILLY22 is a jewel in the roughBPHILLY22 is a jewel in the rough
looks good!! bout time u painted the gas door lol, did u do it urself?

Carbon King ---->http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ncreation.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Eclipse 2011 View Post
and above u is carbon fiber man lol
BPHILLY22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM   #825 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yessir. yessir, I did. took me a time or two, but looked at it in the sun today and it isn't half bad.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:01 PM   #826 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod View Post
digging it all
thanks J! I had it all tightened down today and she seems to be running pretty darn good. I plan to take her back to the dyno and tuning shop here before too long.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM   #827 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

more pictures

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM   #828 (permalink)
The Evil Wizard

Name: Jamie
Vehicle: 94 Galant GS
majin is a jewel in the roughmajin is a jewel in the rough
sexy!!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #829 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

hey thanks man!! I do appreciate it.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #830 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Plan of Attack for Oil Cooler Install

So this actually doesn't look half bad....

Here is where it will sit, just need to drill some holes and screw it down:

cut some metal away to allow the 2 hoses to squeeze through this opening:

then run the two hoses over to the filter base:

squeeze them into this area:

the sandwich plate that comes with the kit is absolutely perfect! It has the two holes for the two hoses, and then a hole for my sending unit to the supercharger and a 4th hole for my pressure sensor:

this is a sweet piece....I'll be attempting this before too long here, just need some more oil, a new filter, some mounting screws, and I think that may be it.

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM   #831 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

18 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 103

Name: Jay to the F'N Rod
Vehicle: 69 Cadi (07 Spyder GT)
j-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond reputej-rod has a reputation beyond repute
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #832 (permalink)

Name: Trev
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
nucksfolife is on a distinguished road
I just jizzed... Very clean and the sound of that supercharger, OMG. Love it dude, I can't wait to supercharge mine.

Keep it up!
nucksfolife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #833 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hey, thanks my friend. I do appreciate it. yeah, the sound is the very best thing about that blower - second only to the 100+ ponies I've managed to add with it (not just the blower but it sure is the core of the modifications I've made). makes you feel like the Night rider or mad max. pull up to someone at a stop light and they look over like they don't know what they are hearing. UFO or something. I pull up and drive through the lot at the local meet at this carwash in the city each saturday night and everyone, 100+ cars and twice as many people, are all staring as I roll through slow. it's a VERY cool feeling, no doubt about that. hope you make it work and do let me know if you need any assistance.

the only problem with the blower is that it's only the beginning and you have to add a ton more parts/$$$ and you SHOULD add even more mods to help, compliment, harness all the power and get it to the ground - especially hard w/ our FWD cars. I saw the stage II sds package and thought - $4500? that's not TOO bad...I can come up with that....broke myself in half getting that together, then afterward realized I also needed long tube headers, a cat back exhaust system, a fuel controller b/c RIPPs' did not work, several gauges, a clutch, an LSD, cooling systems of various kinds, upgraded bushings, upgraded sway bars, an engine torque dampener, intake spacers, colder spark plugs, oil catch cans, coil-overs, tires, a scanner to troubleshoot and monitor fuel trims, etc. etc. etc.....AHHHH!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$................what is that? it's gone before I even see it.

Last edited by joeyb; May 6th, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #834 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
The oil cooler looks great on there Joey. It's crazy how much it actually costs to supercharge our cars. I am hopefully going the nitrous route this summer. I got an awesome paying job and will be ordering long tubes after my first paycheck.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #835 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks Preston and that's great to hear!! sweet news about the job - that's the base for a highly modded car, for sure. and you know if you need help putting on the headers, the 4g garage of OKC is right up the road and open to you. I've put on 2 sets (well, 1 and helped with another) and we can get the O2 sensor wire extensions to take that tough part right out of the equation.

Old May 7th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #836 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

so, I was just out rolling around and guess what I happen to come upon?

I was stunned. snapped these pictures real quick - then went with him a little on the street we turn onto. didn't really get to race fair or full on or anything - but he couldn't pull away from me!!! it was obviously old and stock, but still!

I kept thinking "More then you can afford pal, Ferrari."

and honestly, I didn't think it sounded as 'tough' as mine. and it may have been an aversion to racing on the street in medium traffic (which I also did not want to do) but even as it cleared out a bit up the street, he really didn't seem like he wanted to tussle. I was like NO WAY I just danced with a Ferrari!!!!! oh hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by joeyb; May 11th, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #837 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
Joey I see you never adjusted that rear sway bar to the stiffiest setting? It feels amazing. should do it.

Nice pics of the ferrari. To bad you 2 didn't dance and get it on vid lol. love your car man. keep it up. you stole the spare motor i wanted to lol. It's cool tho due time i will find one. Again, excellent ride always seem to impress
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #838 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Lightbulb Short Video of Torque Wrench Use

FORUM FYI:
well since Photobucket videos seem to be working for me now, here is a short vid I shot for those of you who have not used or seen a torque wrench in action. If you know how to use a torque wrench, don't bother wasting the 30 -45 seconds of your life watching this. This vid is ONLY for guys who are interested in seeing the "pop" of the correct torque on the bolt demonstrated. Nothing to write home about.
  • 1st thing I try to show is the torque spec from the instructions
  • 2nd thing is the wrench set for called for spec (hard to see, but it's at 75 ft-lbs.)
  • 3rd thing is screwing the nut to hand-tightness
  • 4th and final action it wrenching the bolt until you hear the POP.
  • 5th is a feeling of peace and contentment that your bolt will not pop off on the road and leave you in a state of

Old May 7th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #839 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

More then you can afford, pal. Ferrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitEclipse07 View Post
Joey I see you never adjusted that rear sway bar to the stiffiest setting? It feels amazing. should do it.

Nice pics of the ferrari. To bad you 2 didn't dance and get it on vid lol. love your car man. keep it up. you stole the spare motor i wanted to lol. It's cool tho due time i will find one. Again, excellent ride always seem to impress
well goddamnit man, you are right! I thought 100% for sure that I had done that. I would have bet my life on it!! I know for a fact that I jacked up that car to do that specifically, and must have wound up doing several other things and not that obviously. Oh my....as you get older your mind starts to go, let me just say that - and I don't have a lot to let go, if you know what I mean. I just now went out there and doublechecked I was so damn sure I'd done that. I would have sworn on the virgin mother.
well shit. I will get that done TOMORROW. thanks for reminding me, Travis. god I'ma dumbass.

as far as getting the tussle on tape, I wanted to very badly. Even kind of tried as we turned but I simply could not hold it and really drive at the same time. unfortunately I was by myself, and I put that camera down and got my game face on - and was like "ok, if I'm gonna do this I'm coming with my A-game." fully expecting to get walked on at least, but I say again - we never really got to go. and when we got some open space he seemed like he'd had enough fun. I cut 100% loose a couple different times and he wouldn't really follow. then we'd hit a light or come on a car and slow again. oh well. It's funny that I grabbed the camera, though, I almost didn't but something told me I should as I was leaving.

see, here's the other little clip I grabbed and quickly realized that driving and filming were not going to happen...

Last edited by joeyb; May 7th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #840 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
well goddamnit man, you are right! I thought 100% for sure that I had done that. I would have bet my life on it!! I know for a fact that I jacked up that car to do that specifically, and must have wound up doing several other things and not that obviously. Oh my....as you get older your mind starts to go, let me just say that - and I don't have a lot to let go, if you know what I mean. I just now went out there and doublechecked I was so damn sure I'd done that. I would have sworn on the virgin mother.
well shit. I will get that done TOMORROW. thanks for reminding me, Travis. god I'ma dumbass.

as far as getting the tussle on tape, I wanted to very badly. Even kind of tried as we turned but I simply could not hold it and really drive at the same time. unfortunately I was by myself, and I put that camera down and got my game face on - and was like "ok, if I'm gonna do this I'm coming with my A-game." fully expecting to get walked on at least, but I say again - we never really got to go. and when we got some open space he seemed like he'd had enough fun. I cut 100% loose a couple different times and he wouldn't really follow. then we'd hit a light or come on a car and slow again. oh well. It's funny that I grabbed the camera, though, I almost didn't but something told me I should as I was leaving.
Haha I'm just trying to help you out bro. Ya I seen you didn't go with the stiffiest setting and I was thinking to myself that I thought I had recommended it to you before haha. You will love it honestly. Take a nice corner or even a circle on/off ramp, just feeling it stayed planted is amazing.

Whats next for the eclipse bro? motor build now? fine tuning little pieces here and there? Love keeping updated with what you have going on. Makes me want to catch up even faster but money permits so much haha.
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.