Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 3 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #81 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
yeah i was rolling in a jetta cause the first 4g was on mainland and my grandma wanted it so she has it and i only had a 2g gsx and a 05 jetta but sold both and got another 4g
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^cool I want to buy my wife a jetta. manual if she'll let me but I doubt it - it will be her car. either way I will fix it up.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #83 (permalink)

dont get the 2.5
its got nothing aftermarket but you can put a s4 motor in it

Old May 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Arrow New SC Videos

well here are a few new videos I managed to get this afternoon. nothing extra special just a few slow runs down the street in front of my house - trying to let you guys hear the sounds of the sc. I had 2 mins to get these first 2 done (wife juggling kid)...but they are ok. decent over ear head phones recommended.

1*) here is a new video of me backing out - understand I wanted to put the hammer down but it IS my neighborhood of 25 years and I already fuck around too much - I would have ANYWAY - but knew I was about to do a drive by shot for you guys, and would be coming back through. this is about 1/4 throttle...maybe a hair less.

2*) here is the drive by shot. it's kind of awkward, it was my intent to come through relatively slow and hit 2100 right when I was going by the camera, but had trouble doing that as I was trying to hurry. meant for it to be relatively slow, oh well.

3*) Inside/outside car shot from earlier in the day. I don't go fast enough for the BOV to open in this one, but listen closely around 0:56 and again at 1:04 - 1:08 or so and you can hear the alt. whine @ 2100 RPM. the wind noise in this gets bad in this one. I will try to get another one here in a bit.

4*) oh yeah and I had forgot I had this one...it's ok - just a close up of the engine running. from about a week or so ago:

that should fulfill my promise to some of you. will try to get some more.

ALSO just took down 3 cars in about 5 mins: a truck, a modded new gen civic, and a 90s grand am. needless to say, the honor of the 4g community was defended in each encounter. the truck and the grand am were easy, but that modded honda bitch made me run nearly into boost - only used what I had to stay ahead by about 2 or 3 cars. I was like: 'oh you want some too? shit, there's plenty to go around.' fun fun fun.

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #85 (permalink)

Name: Shane
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/Gs
haladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to behold
thanks for vids it sounds nice, when ya guna get some nice runs in
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #86 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
YAY! cool vids, on the 3rd one it's really cock tease though, right when ur about to pull out on the street and let her rip it cuts off
cool stuff nonetheless

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #87 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by haladafs View Post
thanks for vids it sounds nice, when ya guna get some nice runs in
thanks man. well to do that I really need someone else to be able to go with me.....so I am thinking, at the latest, Jeff and I will make some sweet ass videos this next weekend. we are doing a header install, racing - each other and others hopefully - and going to the OKC saturday night meet...SOOOOO...I am thinking hoping praying betting we have a cool clip or two for yall come sunday, one week from today....now how about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseFL07 View Post
YAY! cool vids, on the 3rd one it's really cock tease though, right when ur about to pull out on the street and let her rip it cuts off
cool stuff nonetheless
thanks Bro - those were mainly for you and a couple others. yeah not sure what happened on that one from inside - I think I ran out of batteries in the cam. I thought I'd gone all the way down the street - then onto campus and shot some of the OU Sooners stadium for some decent scenery. oh well. next time - I promise, hehe.

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #88 (permalink)
Aviator

EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Np np, will be waiting patiently

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #89 (permalink)

haladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to beholdhaladafs is a splendid one to behold
pick me up i'll take vids
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #90 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^haha cool man. I'll be buy before the meet and we'll snatch you up....just takes what? about 12 - 16 hours to get to your neck of the woods?

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #91 (permalink)

think its close to 20 to get to texas lmao
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #92 (permalink)
Love that car

Name: Dane Bush
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GT
20eclipse08 has a spectacular aura about
all i see are white screens no vids
20eclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hmmmmmmmm.....try right clicking on one and selecting 'watch on youtube' - those should be working...

Old May 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #94 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Post Ingalls ETD - Stiffy Install...Nothing that hasn't been done...

yeah so the Ingalls Stiffy Install thread no longer has most of the pictures that were there back in 2007. I'm sure many people don't need to see an install revisited, but if you are thinking about buying this this may be helpful.

1st off, you can get it here: Ingalls ETD - Stiffy - or even cheaper here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
I bought mine off of ebay. It was a lot cheaper then the ones at Joe's site. Here is a link: INGALLS STIFFY ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER 06 07 08 ECLIPSE: eBay Motors (item 160425065405 end time Jun-17-10 09:38:13 PDT)
Here are a few things that are good to know.

1) you will need a 17 mm extended/long socket to remove the engine mount bolts that one of the brackets attach to. I had to make a trip to sears in the middle of the install.
2) it is TIGHT in the space you have to install this part. If your mechanical skill is novice, I would get another pair of hands and eyes if you can.
3) i used a variety of wrenches but mainly 2 crescent wrenches for a majority of the install. You definitely need 12 mm, 14 mm, 17 mm and I want to say 15 mm. Then you'll need a crescent for sure to tighten the actual brace once it's installed on there.

well hello there.

if you read the threads on this part, it's one of the better upgrades you can make

first remove cross brace/tower bar + any after market braces per instructions

these are the long bolts from the engine that you will need an extended socket for. treat.

here is the socket you'll need

remove this 'cross brace' or whatever you want to call it

ready to install new parts.
here is the first bracket mounted w/ the bars re-installed on top

here is a not so good view of the engine mount bracket installed on there. very tight quarters. I used an extension with my socket wrench but be careful with the hoses there...there is a plastic clip between two of them that you can remove just be careful not to break it (not pictured). you can see that 'cross brace' remounted THROUGH the new bracket.

here is the ETD installed. as per the instructions, make sure there is an o-ring between the actual ETD brace and the 2 brackets. Again, it is tight and difficult to get the o-ring, washer and nut on there over the brace - or at least it was for me. advise patience most of all.

this part is sweet as fuck. no movement of my engine. that + the recent engine mounts I installed is making me very happy. too bad I am going to have to hang it up while I install the AEM FI-C and new injectors. oh well - all good things to those who wait.

Last edited by joeyb; June 10th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM   #95 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

guys, I just went out and shot a new video - edited it together with some titles and all...went the extra step and put some back ground music in there. so it looks like I BEAT BROLI to the punch on putting a compilation video out there. Fuck yeah.

Last edited by joeyb; May 21st, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:44 PM   #96 (permalink)

lmao nice hahahahah
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM   #97 (permalink)
Step Up or Step Aside

Name: Anonymous
PopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
guys, I just went out and shot a new video - edited it together with some titles and all...went the extra step and put some back ground music in there. so it looks like I BEAT BROLI to the punch on putting a compilation video out there. Fuck yeah.
Put down the doobage and step away from the computer.
PopsGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM   #98 (permalink)

lol watching that gives me a idea thou if i do go the nex route have the toogle something like that turbo boost button he has lmao
Old May 21st, 2010, 03:31 PM   #99 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah sorry guys I couldn't resist.

Old May 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM   #100 (permalink)
Step Up or Step Aside

Name: Anonymous
PopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud ofPopsGT has much to be proud of
^ What the hell for. It's your thread and we can always count on you to lighten things up. I was just fuckin with ya. It's all good JB.

Last edited by PopsGT; May 21st, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
PopsGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:50 PM   #101 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGT View Post
^ What the hell for. It's your thread and we can always count on you to lighten things up. I was just fuckin with ya. It's all good JB.
oh I know bro! no worries at all! I cracked up when I read it. you know me TOO well.

Old May 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM   #102 (permalink)
Aviator

I lol'd a bit, the day I see a supercharged pull I will save the sound to a cd and play it in my car over and over

Old May 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #103 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

arrived today. I can't believe I wasn't running these before - I had the copper core 1-step colder in there and they weren't as good.

just FYI for anyone running these - it said on my invoice not to gap them as you could damage/break the little core tip.

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #104 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Exclamation Step 1 of 3 of world domination.

trying to solve my supercharger tuning issues once and for all - here is my last attempt:

AEM F/IC 6
GT F/IC wiring harness from BilletProof Racing
AEM UEGO wideband AFR gauge w/ Bosch sensor

I'm done fucking around w/ the Black Box and BRATT. Ridiculous parts when you think about it - basically they are attempting to 'fool' or 'fight' the ECU - which is a battle that basically can't be won, not to mention the idea of additional injectors in the intake track....are you kidding? now that I know a little more (and mind you, it's just a little) this is the way I should have gone from the beginning.

so....
Step 1: Install Wideband o2 Gauge - DONE!
Step 2: Install F/IC w/ harness & tune
Step 3: Install 565cc STi pink injectors & retune

here is the installed gauge on my a-piller. works perfectly.

a couple shots of the sensor installed on the pipe.

ready to install the F/IC. will tackle that tomorrow.

Last edited by joeyb; June 10th, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #105 (permalink)

on the takeing the old ones out the guy in the vid uses a open male piece to disconnect them but when we went and was putting darks in he found out a flattened dental pick or a eye glass repair screw driver worked better
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ah thanks Matt. I was wondering about the best approach for that...looks to be one of the trickiest parts.

Old May 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #107 (permalink)

Name: Tanner
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GS
I-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to behold
I-Eat-Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #108 (permalink)

yeah its a pain in the ass not to mention where you got to drill through the fire wall dave said that he started at around noon drill i showed up at like 130 and still going through the wall its in a akward place
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #109 (permalink)

SilverSniper is on a distinguished road
Your doing a freakin' amazing job! Keep it up man. Listening & seeing the vids reminded me that I bought a "Fat Gecko" camera mount in the winter that I have to set up for a drive.
First I need to machine the piston groove on the bypass valve. Can't seem to find right size o-ring for the old style piston. They are either to big(tight) or to lose. There's probably a joke in here somewhere.
It's snowing here right now too.
I love the sound of the supercharger!!

Keep the Passion
SilverSniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #110 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hey thanks man! yeah I can't seem to nail down my tune - the RIPP black box and bratt are not working for me and when I go into boost at around 3 or 4 lbs I lean out or something - the ECU drops out and the engine gives up.

just got the AEM F/IC and have 6 new injectors coming to hopefully fix this problem once and for all.

and my shit may be ok for street cruising but it's not about to win any shows like yours. are those accent lights in the engine bay? damn.

Old May 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #111 (permalink)

Ya, they are LED flood lights that are just over 1" in dia. that light up like crazy. LEDs - underbody kits, cathodes, flexible LED strips, dome lights
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #112 (permalink)

Sorry that should be Superflux 4-Chip, Prewired LEDs, Loose LEDs, Holders, PLCC-2
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Step 2 of 3 in progress...

Here is the pile of shit I removed from inside my engine. Do not buy this stuff from RIPP, contact me and I will pay you to take it away.
black box, bratt, and map sensor. my ecu did not take kindly to their presence.

holes in the firewall. great. love it.

plug n play front injector connections

pins removed from the stock plugs for the rear injectors. the 2nd hardest part of the harness install.

like matt mentions above, the toughest part is the ECU pin removal. wiring here ALMOST done.

and these dirty little whores just came in the mail...

OH YEAH. I'ma fuck SOMEONE up....

...or someTHING....probably my engine.

Last edited by joeyb; June 2nd, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:53 PM   #114 (permalink)

lets hope someone and not something lol
the wiring seems to be coming along good
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM   #115 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hehe, thx man.

yeah so far so good on the wiring. trying to take my time - just about done and ready to fire it up, so we'll see if it starts

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM   #116 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Note to self, Pink Stuff=Good N Wet
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:06 PM   #117 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^lmao

as far as pink in the engine bay, hope AC doesn't think I'm trying to cramp her style

Last edited by joeyb; June 2nd, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM   #118 (permalink)

Name: D
Vehicle: 06 eclipse GT
Mr. 4th gen eclipse is a jewel in the roughMr. 4th gen eclipse is a jewel in the rough
has any one taken there SS GT's to the track?????? I have not seen any 1/4 numbers.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #119 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GT
4gclipsegt is on a distinguished road
i hit a 13.9 @ 105 N/A with ripp headers and bfg KDW 245/35zr18 and I had my subs and entire stereo in it, along with a bunch of other stuff. So im excited to see some numbers if someone can put down a run without crushing a piston
4gclipsegt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #120 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Step 2 of 3 in progress...Part II

so the F/IC is now installed.
the belt is removed and back to stock.

rear injector wiring - those are clean connections.

the ECU wiring. started right up.

final shot of the finished wiring. still looks pretty bad but 10x better than it was:

PC connected, F/IC calibrated - time to go data logging for the first time.

next step will be to make sure everything looks good and trimmed w/ out the supercharger. then I will install the pink injectors and scale up the F/IC to run those.

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.