Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 41 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1601 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
2500 pones, dude? HOLY DOG SHIT TEXAS....
those guys buildcrazy cars
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1602 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Joey you doing the Tampa meet?

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1603 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
^that is the plan, man! you? I'll be there as long as I can get tuned and aligned and all that, make sure she's going to make the trip.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #1604 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
you know, I really wish I could do a switch like in Mad Max where he can turn the blower on and off. save some gas when you are just taking it easy, and then engage the turbine when you need the extra power.
Old police cars use to have a clever idea, they would have a lever they would pull to remove the belt from the power steering pulley and AC pulley to get a little more hp. You can actually program the 12v switch in the FIC to swap maps for you, then rig a lever to remove the belt from the supercharger... I'm sure it would be done.

Quote:
Trevor - answering that other guys question from the other thread - how much would this mod help a non-boosted car? worth it, you think? or no reason to do it?
This is a common question that I'm not quite sure how to answer. Personally, I would just run race fuel for similar results. My understanding of meth is used to lean out AFR's and retard timing for boost, which is the opposite of what we want to do for N/A cars.

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #1605 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
just ordered the OMNI 3 bar MAP sensor and a new oil pressure sensor sending unit. I'll be getting the tactrix openport 2.0 cable here in the next few days, and will hopefully be enlisting hackish/michael to assist with these tuning issues. If nothing else, I'll be getting the rev and speed limiters removed, and anything else he can do for my boosted profile.

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1606 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

just ordered my tactrix cable. now I just gotta get the cash together for the reflash - ho boy.

Old May 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #1607 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevroar View Post
You can actually program the 12v switch in the FIC to swap maps for you, then rig a lever to remove the belt from the supercharger... I'm sure it would be done.
man, now you really got me thinking...but a lever would have to pull the belt up and off of the drive shaft of the SC...and that is at the top of the hood, and there is hardly any room there. and then just thinking of the robotics needed to move those arms and stuff, shit - just dreaming I guess, but it sure is fun to think about. now - I do almost want to try and take the belt off of the AC for some more power, but that may not even be worth it. cool ideas though, man.

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #1608 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Modified and updated work list as of 5/15/2012

[X] Order new oil sensor sending unit from Glow shit (via ACI)
[ ] Replace oil pressure sensor (knocked off and disappeared during bottom out)
[ ] Fix oil cooling hoses and sandwich plate. Get unit working again.
[X] Purchase OMNI 3 bar MAP sensor for Hackish Tuning.
[X] purchase Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable for Hackish Tuning.
[X] Install ground outs w/ 3 new cables/wires to frame.
[ ] Check for vacuum leaks.
[ ] Acquire datalogs and save off tuning files for member review.
[ ] Buy and install new 12" subs w/ ported box.
[X] Fix my meth active light
[X] Fix meth delivery (buy stand alone tank & install)
[ ] Get wheels aligned (to be done on 5/31)
[ ] Replace radar detector (seems to be broken)
[ ] Buy & install HIDs for fogs and headlights (will order on 5/31)
[ ] Black out head lights and tails somehow (not sure yet)
[ ] New rims & tires (xxr 006 8.5" wide w/ some stretch. gun metal colored rim)
[ ] Re-tune (will be top priority at this point)
[ ] build out motor w/ pistons, rods, etc.
[ ] Upgrade fuel delivery
[ ] Install Walbro 225 Pump
[ ] Install STi Pink Injectors
[ ] Re-tune w/ F/IC or via Tactrix Reflash option & Hackish
[ ] Acquire new pulley for SC
[ ] Install new pulley for SC & Retune as needed
[ ] Fix fog light control module - need to reground

Last edited by joeyb; May 19th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #1609 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

so...
need to fix tune - either w/ the F/IC or the reflash.
need to build out engine w/ new pulley.
need new rims/tires.
need new subs & radar detector.
need n2o.
THEN I'll be done.

yeah right.

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #1610 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Installed Aux. Grounding

Well, I put in the extra grounds as instructed by Cleo, Snake, and a few other members - and as described in the thread on the "Grounding Kit for GT". I ran out of ends and had to forgo one of them - so I chose the one from the TB to the battery side post, since I got the one from the intake manifold to the passenger side post and the alternator one in there. As well as the long one from post to post at the top of the engine bay. Here are the pics.

Creating ground wires from old jumper cables - doesn't look half bad, actually:

Removing paint from the ground points:

Installing the wires:

Now I'm going to go out and see if this has bought me anything, I'm certainly hoping so....

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #1611 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Ok - just took it out. It didn't fix my 'leaning out' or trim problems, but I could tell it was running stronger, so I can definitely say it's worth doing.

as far as my tune, it's almost like one bank goes way negative and one goes way positive to correct for it. but it actually ran pretty well. I could tell it was about to die a couple times, but managed to get going before that happened, so I don't know if the grounding helped that or not. perhaps a little bit. it actually seemed to be correcting itself pretty good when I was going down the street - headed toward "0" and staying there 90% of the time.

still threw a code, though, I meant to check but turned my car off before I checked it via the DashDAQ. I'll try to get some data logs tomorrow.

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #1612 (permalink)

Name: Gabriel
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse GS
gser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to all
Joey, dude.. I can't wait until she's finally finished. I check here every now and then to see how your car is doing. Hopefully that reflash does the magic and "finishes" your car and you have her where you want her to be. But I know you'll never be done, you strive for more.. *Cough* Nitrous...!
I'm sending you good vibes, man.. Post up some new vids killing other rides and specially before and after you get that reflash!
Keep it up! As always man, amazing job.

Operation Black on Black Eclipse.
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ter-going.html
CAI, Progress Lowering Springs, RRE UDP, Magnaflow Exhaust, GT TB, RRE Header, Debadged.
RIP Matt (Bullet06) Gone but not forgotten.
gser7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #1613 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Your problem sounds like a problem I had on my GS, where I would lean out at WOT. My problem was a crack on my Ripp Modds exhaust header (it was right at the front mounting point). I would search all over for cracks, maybe some damage somewhere after you bottomed out.

Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1614 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Your problem sounds like a problem I had on my GS, where I would lean out at WOT. My problem was a crack on my Ripp Modds exhaust header (it was right at the front mounting point). I would search all over for cracks, maybe some damage somewhere after you bottomed out.
man, the thing is, I had this exact issue before I tore off that filter. that doesn't mean it's not a vacuum leak though, so I will maybe take it in and see if Middas can't find something wrong w/ the exhaust/intake system. but Brandon was saying if my readings are correct from the boost gauge, -21 to -19 then it's not a vacuum leak....argh.

Old May 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #1615 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gser7 View Post
Joey, dude.. I can't wait until she's finally finished. I check here every now and then to see how your car is doing. Hopefully that reflash does the magic and "finishes" your car and you have her where you want her to be. But I know you'll never be done, you strive for more.. *Cough* Nitrous...!
I'm sending you good vibes, man.. Post up some new vids killing other rides and specially before and after you get that reflash!
Keep it up! As always man, amazing job.
thanks Gabe. I do appreciate it. Yeah, I'm counting on the reflash, I really am. and I'll certainly get some new vids after it's installed.

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #1616 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

My problem was the crack in my exhaust manifold was right before my wideband and front o2 sensors, the the clean air that was getting sucked in through the crack is what f'd everything up.

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1617 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
zumspeedsupra is a jewel in the roughzumspeedsupra is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
My problem was the crack in my exhaust manifold was right before my wideband and front o2 sensors, the the clean air that was getting sucked in through the crack is what f'd everything up.
I had the same problem ^ Hope you get it worked out though!
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1618 (permalink)
The Evil Wizard

Name: Jamie
Vehicle: 94 Galant GS
majin is a jewel in the roughmajin is a jewel in the rough
You are missing one other grounding location....the grounding point for the ignition coils. It's on the coolant thermostat housing section.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1619 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks Jamie. I'll do that one and add a cable from the TB to the batter side post just as soon as I can get some more end fork thingys.

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #1620 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
ahhhh...............so, do you not think that the reading of -19 to -21 on the boost gauge eliminates that? or are you saying the gauge may be missing it?

either way - middas should be able to find that pretty easy, right?

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1621 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumspeedsupra View Post
I had the same problem ^ Hope you get it worked out though!
thanks man. it was FOR SURE running better today, I could totally tell. it seemed CLOSE to stalling a couple times, BUT never did. I can tell it's running stronger then before. so the grounding thing is worth it, I'd say.

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #1622 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

saw two pretty badass tuners today. one was a sweet as hell red 350z - not the one I raced last year. this guy had a low profile spoiler and black rims w/ wide tires. sounded pretty tough. I wanted to race him but couldn't get next to him - saw him 3 different times and each time he was going the wrong way or turning across from me onto a street I was not taking. didn't want to race bad enough to chase him down, I guess. I'm sure I'll see him again.
And also saw this pretty sweet new gen Civic - I think this guy has followed me into mcDonalds before and asked about local meets. he had several sweet accents, gnarly rims, a sweet profile, and this decal across the center bottom of his front windshield that said in cursive: "Illest". I must admit, I thought it was kind of cool. I'm about ready to lose my last two decals on the back windows - the TEIN ones. but just can't quite make myself do it.

Old May 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #1623 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Guys, should I go ahead and install the Walbro pump before the reflash? how about the STi injectors? anything to watch out for or should it run just fine w/ the new pump?

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #1624 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Oh shit - my OMNI Map Sensor and Tactrix Cable just came in the mail...time for the reflash.

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #1625 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Are u doing stock injectors? If they can truly get you going I'm getting the flash and this cable

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1626 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well...I don't know, if stock can supply enough fuel, then I guess I'll stick w/ them - BUT if I need to put in the walbro and the STi pinks then I will. I definitely want that stage II pulley running, though. shit, what size was that again? 2.25"?

Old May 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #1627 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

this is in my problem thread but wanted to post it here too in case anyone missed that one:

well, yesterday my car ran and idled great - didn't even die once, and I was about ready to post on here that the grounding work did even better than I'd thought.
THEN today, it kept stalling SO much that I could barely keep her running if I came to a stop or even let off the gas!
I just don't understand.

The codes I threw were P0152, P0157, and one other talking about o2 sensor having no activity...
but my UEGO AFR gauge says 10.0 most of the time - even at idle....I know that's not right.
then my fuel trims look like shit half the time - and it really looks like one bank will be at +25- 30 and the other will be at -25-30 trying to correct it!!

I am PISSED OFF and sure hope that the reflash will fix this bullshit.
I was so pleased yesterday and now I feel like I'm back to square 1.

Old May 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1628 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
its a long shot but i would check the grounding wires on the fic.green i think they are.maybe the connections are loose ?
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #1629 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^ok...I'm going to do that now. I know I need to re-ground the fog-light toggle kit, so it could very well be what you are describing. good thought man, I'll try it now.

Old May 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1630 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Joey, can you post of screen shot of your FIC setup configurations for me

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1631 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^yeah man I will, as soon as I get the battery reconnected - at the moment I am trying to make sure this is all grounded properly.

So let me ask you trevor, jamie, guys - where do you have your F/IC grounded to? or other accessories? I have mine wired to the bolt in the fuse board under the dash - the one at the bottom that screws into the metal brace holding the lower half of the fuse board...

snake and I are wondering if this isn't a bad ground and I shouldn't change it up...

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1632 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
i use that same grounding point

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1633 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks man. yeah, it obviously connects up to the chassis...I think it's probably fine. argh. checking all my wiring out there, I thought I might be on to something a couple different times, but it all looks pretty solid.

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1634 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I grounded mine to the shaft on the steering column

Old May 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #1635 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

ok here are my configs:

all the other Maps have no changes made...
want to see anything else? should I go get some data logs?

Old May 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1636 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Man, I just found a sweet video explaining exactly how to set up the o2 sensor bias tables in the F/IC. I am all but positive that the o2 sensor readings are what is causing me so much trouble w/ my tune. I am thinking I may need to do what the suggest here and try to set this up.

F/IC Software - Wideband O2 Control - YouTube

Old May 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #1637 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I'll take a closer look at this map tomorrow, but I curious of who and where this map came from.

Old May 19th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #1638 (permalink)
REDLINE

1 Highscore

Name: Tanner
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Boatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Man, I just found a sweet video explaining exactly how to set up the o2 sensor bias tables in the F/IC. I am all but positive that the o2 sensor readings are what is causing me so much trouble w/ my tune. I am thinking I may need to do what the suggest here and try to set this up.

F/IC Software - Wideband O2 Control - YouTube
Video has a lot of useful info, though most of it went over my head lol. I do notice when I clear my o2 codes by resetting the ECU the car runs noticeably better and stronger throughout the entire power range. I cant afford the FIC right now so I bought a cheap OBD2 reader/clearer, and I hope clearing the car on the run or before every start will have the same effect. Goodluck with everything bro.

OBX longtubes, SRI, Helix TB spacer, Stiffy, Flowmaster, RL Cutout,
EVO wing, halo fogs, black projectors, Konig sideways, 09 front end swap, Kicker SS.
Boatright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #1639 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I never messed with the ignition map, what are you trying to accomplish there. I've always been N/A, so I'm assuming its something you're doing being F/I.

Only think I would do, and it won't really make a difference on your map, is scale the RPM rance 0-7600... There's no way you'll be pulling all the way to 9000rpms.

Old May 20th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #1640 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Wait a minute, you pulled -57 units of fuel around the idle rpm range.
Start the car, let it idle, and start to add fuel in the area its idling at.. I think you've leaned it out a little much.

Last edited by trevroar; May 20th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.