Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 6 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #201 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
I keep seeing some guys on here changing around wheel set-ups and rims, and shit on here...if you have enough money to keep buying different rims b/c you are bored of them, how about put some money under the hood and maybe you won't be so bored...?...guess it's to each is own, but I don't get it. I intend to eventually get new rims but that is last on my list. Much more fun to be able to beat almost anyone who steps up to me at a light.

just a little middle of the night observation.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost

Last edited by joeyb; August 14th, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:57 AM   #202 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Thumbs down ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I found that thread where the asshole says my shit will fall apart and blow up w/in a year............it was from HORSE of all people....the thread was closed so I couldn't get the 'quote' button to work.

(here's the cut n' paste)

"hey newb bitch. your ripp kit is still going to burst into flames or fall apart in a year.

mine will be faster with less money invested anyhow.

_____"

ummm......WRONG.

well that is sad and a shame - and makes me think he is a fucking prick, as well.

he says his will be faster than me but I saw a post from him recently talking about 4 lbs of boost is the best he can do......are you kidding me? 4 lbs of boost from a twin turbo set up? that will sure have them running for the hills.....I can do better than 4 lbs w/out a tune! I know he's a respected member but I could give a fuck if he's going to be a dick to me for no reason.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:01 AM   #203 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
I will have to agree that the Ripp kits have a bad rep.... sorry man they just do.

But I don't agree with the attitude he gave you. Hell if you want to get it working right, then your doing a damn good job.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #204 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thx Jeep. agreed I don't even like RIPP anymore. I just have to make the Vortech blower work if I can - and so far so good

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:04 AM   #205 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
NP man, I know how hard it is to get something done right, when all you get from some people is bashing...

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:14 AM   #206 (permalink)

Name: Ruben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS-Turbo
leet will become famous soon enough
i would love to see that race.
TT gt vs SC gt
leet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM   #207 (permalink)

Name: Ruben
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS-Turbo
leet will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
^about $70 - $75 w/ shipping. but if you are resourceful and not lazy you could just build a 'homemade' one. but I do like the shiny can in there as opposed to some cheap material or homemade look...worth the extra bit of money to me
mine is plastic.
yours looks better.
leet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:30 AM   #208 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
Quote:
I found that thread where the asshole says my shit will fall apart and blow up w/in a year............it was from HORSE of all people....the thread was closed so I couldn't get the 'quote' button to work.

"hey newb bitch. your ripp kit is still going to burst into flames or fall apart in a year.

_____"

ummm......WRONG.

well that is sad and a shame - and makes me think he is a fucking prick, as well.

he says his will be faster than me but I saw a post from him recently talking about 4 lbs of boost is the best he can do......are you kidding me? 4 lbs of boost from a twin turbo set up? that will sure have them running for the hills.....I can do better than 4 lbs w/out a tune! I know he's a respected member but I could give a fuck if he's going to be a dick to me for no reason.
...Dude...I'll shoot you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
I will have to agree that the Ripp kits have a bad rep.... sorry man they just do.

But I don't agree with the attitude he gave you. Hell if you want to get it working right, then your doing a damn good job.
100 % True Statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leet View Post
i would love to see that race.
TT gt vs SC gt
Joey, look away for a second...just read my PM.

SC GTs...as of today...run high 13s, low 14s.

TT GTs are still in testing phases.

So that is the race you'd like to see?
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM   #209 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprsaiyjinbroli View Post
I know what it fully says in it.
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM   #210 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
man i cant wait next june at latest ill be home then drive over and see this beast
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #211 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Arrow Nothing Special

my AEM F/IC "factory" tune is not working like I'd hoped...surprise. mainly I am WAY too rich, and need to dial the shit down in my fuel MAP....but it DOES run....nothing I'd want to race anyone with, but it runs....

absolutely nothing to write home about, but at least a few new vids....

this vid is like a 3 out of 10 if that but it's the most interesting one out of a batch of forgettable clips I just shot. ass clown rolls up to me on a crotch rocket about half way through - then won't go w/ me - which I have no problem with - but he then flexes on me as he rolls past when I am turning up the street. weak if you ask me - his conduct and this vid:

I tried to get you guys a race vid - FAIL.

these next three are solely for 4g geeks who want to see some vid of an SC eclipse driving slowly w/ a few light (very light mind you) pulls - at least it's running and my car is not on fire, right?

here is the light pull (very light, mind you - after I start rolling) of that last light at the vid before - then SES light....

included the above vid so you could see my SES light come on - probably about 5 mins after I cleared it sitting in the garage....joy.

STi injectors still not installed - not even sure I need them at this point....boy would that suck.....

this one is even more boring.........don't say I didn't warn you:

I would love to have given it a little more throttle for you guys - but I have had a beer or two. speeding/street racing/fucking around I have very little problem with, as you all know, at least when done with a semi-decent head on your shoulders - but speeding/street racing/fucking around after drinking - even I am not THAT dumb. (of course I say that but would have opened it up WOT if that bike had gone for it - hypocrite, but at least I TRIED to not go crazy 99% of this trip to the store)

well............when I have enough money to buy the scanning tool I need to correct fuel trims, I will buy this and dial it to the best of my ability. Then I will take it to a dyno, hope they can help me dial it to the balls, get a final HP/torque graph, and call it done.....that may be a ways off, tho

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #212 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
how you can drive, shift, and record this?

pimp ass car though dude

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #213 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^haha you would be surprised at the skill at holding the camera I am developing, learned from browsing the internet with one hand while holding something with the other, of course. as long as I am going straight it looks fine, huh?

Old July 27th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #214 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
thanks again man. guess I get a little chippy sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxtt View Post
man i cant wait next june at latest ill be home then drive over and see this beast
for sure bro. and JUNE?! wtf? thought it was like 6 months to go a month or two ago? let me know if I need to write a letter and put some POP in obama's step for letting you guys serve the TIME AGREED TO or at least not jacking you all around - that pisses me off.........well at least you and darkside can roll around on the islands and rep out there as needed

Last edited by joeyb; July 27th, 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #215 (permalink)

driving with your knees if i had to guess i know its hard to do but possable i did it once with the gsx lol i miss that car but knees to fucked up for a clutch =( anyways nice vids cant wait to see IRL

lol chillin in hawaii sucks but it be over soon here lately been paintballing thats fun and my buddy gots extra guns to use hehehee cheap and fun whats better
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #216 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
how many lbs of boost are you running?
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #217 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^well I don't rightly know - I've seen it go up to 5 but I still haven't pushed her open completely....I am way to rich and my tune is pretty shitty at the moment....if I hit 1 or 2 lbs. my AFR spikes to 10 and the car seems boggy. the base MAP I'm using is very conservative and throwing in way too much fuel. I am going through the long tedious process of removing fuel slowly and then trying it out again...ehh..

Old July 28th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #218 (permalink)

Name: Timmy
Vehicle: 08 spyder gt
rangertimmy is a jewel in the roughrangertimmy is a jewel in the rough
e-rep sent. thanks for takin' me in, joey.
rangertimmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #219 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
I like the first video, it is like you are entering the bat cave lol.
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #220 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertimmy View Post
e-rep sent. thanks for takin' me in, joey.
my pleasure man. many guys on here have been extremely cool to me, and it's only right I return the favor when I can...besides, we need some more supercharged brethren out there, nos seems to be taking over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballfade View Post
I like the first video, it is like you are entering the bat cave lol.
haha good call man. guess I should re-paint the inside to make it cave like. I have certainly loved to slip in there quickly at least a time or two when racing on those streets right by my house... goddamn there are SOOOO many police in norman it's beyond ridiculous. one of the highest per capita in the country and there is basically no serious crime to speak of so they have almost nothing to do. police in OKC, however, could give a shit most of the time

Old July 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #221 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

_____"

ummm......WRONG.

oh damn howd i missed this one im not sure...

Hey joe forward SSJ's PM to me

I got Mods.
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:03 PM   #222 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post
oh damn howd i missed this one im not sure...

Hey joe forward SSJ's PM to me
ah he just wisely advises me to stow shit like that as far as public posts, go, as in the long run one usually regrets it...it's oh so true

here is the fog-light kit from jeff and brianj + stickers from russ:

installing

the relay wire that comes through the firewall

also did the disabling of the DRL and it's pretty cool w/ the halos and the fog light mod..

Old July 31st, 2010, 11:20 PM   #223 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

GJ newb
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:36 PM   #224 (permalink)
The thread killer...

hell ya man... now you can be like all the cool kids... cause the SC isn't enough appartly

I got Mods.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM   #225 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^no doubt

Old August 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM   #226 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
very nice
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM   #227 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

thanks roy - it was actually running pretty tough yesterday - I seem to 'have room to make power' as I keep bogging down at 10 on the AFR around 2500 - 3K...if I am not mistaken that means I can make a little more power.

Last edited by joeyb; August 3rd, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM   #228 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't read the thread in a while, damn Joeyb a lot of progress made, keep up the good work I am positive that you will get her running good!
Yea If I was in your shoes I wouldn't push her too hard on a mediocre tune, just wait till it's all polished and then put the power down!!!

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM   #229 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Nice do you have a Wideband yet? If not get the AEM UEGO, and than you'll be ready to tune fuel.

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM   #230 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

^ believe he has the wideband from glowshift
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM   #231 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballfade View Post
^ believe he has the wideband from glowshift
edit

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM   #232 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseFL07 View Post
Haven't read the thread in a while, damn Joeyb a lot of progress made, keep up the good work I am positive that you will get her running good!
Yea If I was in your shoes I wouldn't push her too hard on a mediocre tune, just wait till it's all polished and then put the power down!!!
thanks so much vlad. yeah I agree about not pushing her - I took it to get an exhaust leak fixed and the two guys at midas were trying not to flip out but obviously thought it was cool. they couldn't believe it when I told then I hadn't gotten any times yet... I am going to have to fix that as soon as prudent

and for darkside - yeah I got that AEM wideband - you can see a few pics if you look back a page or two

Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #233 (permalink)

what what what omg gt sc times im on the edge of my seat until the day lol

just fucking with you man but the times be sweet and cant wait get back ill get back when the tracks start getting big so if all else fails field trip
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM   #234 (permalink)
Theta II

How do you have it set-up did you wire it in to the FI/C? Just curious as to why you needed to wait for a scanner to tune fuel. On the bright side at least your on the rich side and the worst that will happen is some fouled plugs better than being on the lean side

Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM   #235 (permalink)
The thread killer...

which brings me to a question...

When was the last time you changed your plugs Joe?

I got Mods.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:47 PM   #236 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
How do you have it set-up did you wire it in to the FI/C? Just curious as to why you needed to wait for a scanner to tune fuel. On the bright side at least your on the rich side and the worst that will happen is some fouled plugs better than being on the lean side
well I keep throwing the "system too rich codes" and would really like to be able to see what the ECU is seeing as far as fuel trims...I guess I could/am trying to go on the logs also, but it has not been as easy as I'd hoped.

so let me ask you guys this - if I am peaking the AFR at 10 around 2500-3000 RPM, should I still just go ahead and rip it loose and get a logs' worth of data? or should I try to tune down that area of the curve first? I give it no more than 1/3 throttle at most and it spikes the AFR (and jolts me in my seat I might add) - I get the feeling it's going to be monstrous when I get it leaned out a bit.

If you guys think it won't hurt it, then fine, I'll go cut it loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post
which brings me to a question...

When was the last time you changed your plugs Joe?
haha you are funny. I am going to do that TONIGHT, RIGHT NOW, I swear to the holy mother. just got back from auto zone w/ fresh oil, new hoses for a bad line or two, goo gone, tint for the reflection lights on the back, and a few other goodies.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM   #237 (permalink)
The thread killer...

kick ass man sounds like your FINALLY doing some looks mods that you talked about doing while i was there

I got Mods.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM   #238 (permalink)
Theta II

IMO take it out and do two three good hard pulls and get some good data to start tuning with. Your running rich which could cause a backfire which is ok because it happens in the exhaust system and not the combustion chamber. Worst case backfire you shoot flames out the exhaust. You might foul the plugs, but that is going to happen anyway if you don't lean it out some. You could also see early cat failure, 02 sensor failure, carbon build up. Not immediate problems just minor maintenance problems that eventually all start to add up. Major damage from running rich is highly unlikely its running lean when you need to worry.

So yeah I say go do some hard pulls a little highway driving and get some data. Pull that bitch up into the 12's and then get some times

Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM   #239 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
Quote:
well I keep throwing the "system too rich codes" and would really like to be able to see what the ECU is seeing as far as fuel trims...I guess I could/am trying to go on the logs also, but it has not been as easy as I'd hoped.

so let me ask you guys this - if I am peaking the AFR at 10 around 2500-3000 RPM, should I still just go ahead and rip it loose and get a logs' worth of data? or should I try to tune down that area of the curve first? I give it no more than 1/3 throttle at most and it spikes the AFR (and jolts me in my seat I might add) - I get the feeling it's going to be monstrous when I get it leaned out a bit.

If you guys think it won't hurt it, then fine, I'll go cut it loose.

haha you are funny. I am going to do that TONIGHT, RIGHT NOW, I swear to the holy mother. just got back from auto zone w/ fresh oil, new hoses for a bad line or two, goo gone, tint for the reflection lights on the back, and a few other goodies.
The F I/C will tell you your injector % load/trim. We can use that...

...Your AFR is in the 10s...throughout the band...or its in the in the low end and then leans way out as the RPM band gets higher? Explain the "spikes"...I'm assuming that means you go lean. But how lean? Whats the AFR on it?

Speaking of that...what kinda boost are you at in 2500 - 3000 RPMs? Do you have the PSIA/PSI to even start tuning at that RPM with WOT?
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:50 PM   #240 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
The F I/C will tell you your injector % load/trim. We can use that...

...Your AFR is in the 10s...throughout the band...or its in the in the low end and then leans way out as the RPM band gets higher? Explain the "spikes"...I'm assuming that means you go lean. But how lean? Whats the AFR on it?

Speaking of that...what kinda boost are you at in 2500 - 3000 RPMs? Do you have the PSIA/PSI to even start tuning at that RPM with WOT?
when I pull hard at all - not even WOT, at like 1/4 or even 1/3 and it get's to 2500K or 3000K at the most - the AFR gauge is already reading 10. that is what I meant by spike.

so when I see that happening I usually let off the gas and quit, so I'm not just dumping a ton of fuel through there. as far as what boost it is at, I don't think it's hitting boost yet, but approaching 0 vacuum - but like I said - that is with the throttle open no more than 1/2....

alright guys. I will get those freaking spark plugs in there, tighten some shit down, and go and get those logs. I think you guys are right.

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.