Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 7 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:58 PM   #241 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM   #242 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Your right joey your not in boost until you reach positive boost. Yeah if your hitting 10 your already dumping a ton of fuel. Good news is we have seen that AFR before even on a stock car and it can be tuned up. Please do get some logs because I want to know what happens when you do go into higher RPM's and into boost. If she does start to lean out though under full load than back off her though

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:06 PM   #243 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
well, tanner came and we washed and waxed her. here are a few pics - the last ones before I lower the shit down this weekend - springs are suppose come on Friday.

tanner seriously buffed the shit to a high sheen. she's never looked better.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:02 AM   #244 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
shot a little video of pulling into the garage; DRLs disabled

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:05 AM   #245 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballfade View Post
I know man, but I washed and waxed her for YOU at least in part! Your first post in this thread is something like 'that paint needs some tlc' or something - and you bet I was thinking, keith is gonna like this...
actually when I say "I" waxed her - that would be a dead lie. Tanner waxed her. I've been telling him he needs to start a fucking white glove service for detailing.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:16 AM   #246 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
i need to get this tanner fellow over to my house... lol Car looks and sounds amazing man good luck with this weekend!

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:14 AM   #247 (permalink)

Name: Tanner
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GS
I-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to beholdI-Eat-Hondas is a splendid one to behold
Everyone should be jealous, i got to ride in that beast today.
I-Eat-Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:59 AM   #248 (permalink)

Name: Timmy
Vehicle: 08 spyder gt
rangertimmy is a jewel in the roughrangertimmy is a jewel in the rough
just goin' back through the thread joey, the first plan i had in mind was a reflash and 565 injector install prior to the kit. it almost seems like it would be uneccessary as i have no plans of going beyond stage 2 set up. it seems as that the ripp supplement kit and earlier s/c installers assumed that injectors were needed because its usually the "right answer", especially with hondas (known a kid or two to blow up a vtec with small turbos). seems like you're dumping a lot a fuel without even taxing your injectors, what do ya think? i mean i could just as well throw in the 565's for good measure, but if it is "just absolutely uneccessary" , then it seems like one more variable of fuck up thats not worth it. thoughts my brother?

p.s. nice pics, we sure are gonna miss one of the, if not the most (for guys my age) important college rivalries in exsistence. whatta we got, 11 championships between us? se la vi, look out big10!!!
rangertimmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:11 AM   #249 (permalink)

btw, more reps on the way... good lookin out. im not necessarily a newb, but just now got the build thread and some pics on here. can you believe, i've already gotten shit for having "dubs", cuz "true 4ger's know they are not performance driven." i ain't seen this much "e-shit talkin" and "blogger bad-asses" in my life. kudos to you for seeing through the bullshit.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 06:20 AM   #250 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
omg blogger bad-asses
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM   #251 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
when I pull hard at all - not even WOT, at like 1/4 or even 1/3 and it get's to 2500K or 3000K at the most - the AFR gauge is already reading 10. that is what I meant by spike.

so when I see that happening I usually let off the gas and quit, so I'm not just dumping a ton of fuel through there. as far as what boost it is at, I don't think it's hitting boost yet, but approaching 0 vacuum - but like I said - that is with the throttle open no more than 1/2....

alright guys. I will get those freaking spark plugs in there, tighten some shit down, and go and get those logs. I think you guys are right.
Gotcha. Lets switch something up. When we use spike, lets agree to mean lean...11.5 or higher....and when we say bogs, dips, fat, dumps....we mean 11 flat or lower. Deal? LOL. Thats a good thing at the moment. I thought you were running the SC to like 12 + AFR at that throttle. LOL. We're good man.

Good. 0 boost is a good thing at the moment.

HEY HEY HEY! Wait. Wait on the plugs for a minute. Lets try and get you a little leaner...then do the plugs man. Why tear up two sets? Unless you think one of them maybe isn't firing because its so "soaked" or whatever that it isn't firing or you're getting horrible spark from it...

What I mean is, lets get you to 10.5 or 11 AFR...swap the plugs...then keep going.

But I mean if you think the plugs are done...then go for it. Your car, your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
Your right joey your not in boost until you reach positive boost. Yeah if your hitting 10 your already dumping a ton of fuel. Good news is we have seen that AFR before even on a stock car and it can be tuned up. Please do get some logs because I want to know what happens when you do go into higher RPM's and into boost. If she does start to lean out though under full load than back off her though
Exactly.

Don't fear the 10 AFR. Run it wide open. You'll just bog, spit, cough...you won't go boom...not at 10 AFR.

Open it up, keep your eye on the wideband...if you approach 11 +...come out. Do another pull...same thing...and then that'll give us something to go on. We gotta get it going on the bottom to work on the top.

You fear 11 +. Baby steps.

Last edited by Suprsaiyjinbroli; August 3rd, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
Suprsaiyjinbroli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM   #252 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangertimmy View Post
just goin' back through the thread joey, the first plan i had in mind was a reflash and 565 injector install prior to the kit. it almost seems like it would be uneccessary as i have no plans of going beyond stage 2 set up. it seems as that the ripp supplement kit and earlier s/c installers assumed that injectors were needed because its usually the "right answer", especially with hondas (known a kid or two to blow up a vtec with small turbos). seems like you're dumping a lot a fuel without even taxing your injectors, what do ya think? i mean i could just as well throw in the 565's for good measure, but if it is "just absolutely uneccessary" , then it seems like one more variable of fuck up thats not worth it. thoughts my brother?

p.s. nice pics, we sure are gonna miss one of the, if not the most (for guys my age) important college rivalries in exsistence. whatta we got, 11 championships between us? se la vi, look out big10!!!
well man, if you can get the reflash quickly while you are doing the mechanical install, that might be a good idea. as far as I know tho, hackish would remove the rev and speed limits, and maybe he could do for you what he did for damien (another SC guy, which I am speculating but I believe what he did was to 'scale up' his MAF table/tolerance in the stock ECU map so it could handle the increased pressure in the manifold and intake piping). ..
...but I honestly don't know how much that will buy you for the install and the final tune. I want the speed limiter removed myself, that's for sure, and it would be good to have some of the SES lights disabled by removing tolerances if that is what hackish can do, so I would say do that if you have the money and time, but I am thinking you will find there are other 'little things' you'll want to spend your money on also as you put on the kit. one thing I just thought of that you'll want are those iridium spark plugs, and you'll need at least a boost gauge and AFR guage w/ wideband o2 sensor, I can't remember what all was Twilsons' sale as far as gauges. Let me think on some of the other little stuff you may want/will need

as far as the question on the injectors - man hold off on installing those, I have my set of STi pinks sitting out there and haven't needed them yet. now that may change as I work out the tune - I am thinking that as I get to high RPMs and into higher boost, I may very well need to go to the bigger ones. but as of now, I myself have seen no evidence that they are needed. Alboe, Twilson or someone else may correct me, but that is where I am at on injectors right now. you'll need the AEM F/IC in there to run those bigger injectors anyway.

I think the first the to do is make sure the headers are running good and not throwing codes. then, I would install the F/IC, get that running with the 'bolt on' set up. shouldn't be too hard. then do the mechanical install of the blower and all, then we'll load up the MAPs that I have, am tuning/working with now, and will send you at that time, and then go from there.

and yes, I was pretty disappointed when Nebraska left, but I guess the rivalry hasn't been what it was back in the big 8 days.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:39 AM   #253 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
btw, more reps on the way... good lookin out. im not necessarily a newb, but just now got the build thread and some pics on here. can you believe, i've already gotten shit for having "dubs", cuz "true 4ger's know they are not performance driven." i ain't seen this much "e-shit talkin" and "blogger bad-asses" in my life. kudos to you for seeing through the bullshit.
ah thanks man, but I be doin' that shit too. as much as I try not to, hehe, there are times I just can't help myself

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM   #254 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprsaiyjinbroli View Post
Gotcha. Lets switch something up. When we use spike, lets agree to mean lean...11.5 or higher....and when we say bogs, fat, dumps....we mean 11 flat or lower. Deal?

HEY HEY HEY! Wait. Wait on the plugs for a minute. Lets try and get you a little leaner...then do the plugs man. Why tear up two sets?
ok Deal!

and about the spark plugs...I uh...never, uh, installed the Iridium one-step colders....I was going to do it when I took the manifold off to put in the bigger injectors BEFORE I started using the SC again...but then I have wound up not needing those pinks yet...so the manifold hasn't come off...so I haven't changed to those colder plugs....
you're right about not wanting to ruin two sets - I'll at least get some pulls first with the stock ones, but I was hoping that the one-step colder would burn some more of that rich mixture....what do you guys think? ripp acted like the stock ones were decent and they'd had success with them, but I am having trust issues with ripp at the moment...

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:52 AM   #255 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Eat-Hondas View Post
Everyone should be jealous, i got to ride in that beast today.
man thanks so much again for waxing that whole car for me. that was really cool of you. hopefully I will make it to the city on saturday for the meet, and maybe my car will be running half-way decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
i need to get this tanner fellow over to my house... lol Car looks and sounds amazing man good luck with this weekend!
hey thanks bro I appreciate it! yeah I am looking at the 'how to' on the spring install and not liking what I see...guys act like it's easy and maybe it is but that one nut on the top of the strut assembly that you have to remove and then re-compress to properly re-install kept me up last night

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #256 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
ok Deal!

and about the spark plugs...I uh...never, uh, installed the Iridium one-step colders....I was going to do it when I took the manifold off to put in the bigger injectors BEFORE I started using the SC again...but then I have wound up not needing those pinks yet...so the manifold hasn't come off...so I haven't changed to those colder plugs....
you're right about not wanting to ruin two sets - I'll at least get some pulls first with the stock ones, but I was hoping that the one-step colder would burn some more of that rich mixture....what do you guys think? ripp acted like the stock ones were decent and they'd had success with them, but I am having trust issues with ripp at the moment...
I've never dealt with RIPP...but they seem like shitheads. Just based on what I've read...everyone hates them. I wouldn't listen to those bastards. LOL. I'll tell you that.

Hm...well. You're not hitting boost. So the stockers should work. Like I said man, I'm a wuss. I'd say leave them...we'll get it working as is...I'm talking OUT of boost. Working on the bottom end. Then swap...readjust...then start on the boost. But thats your call.

Me personally, the way my mind works...if you can't get it working right without FI...then it won't work with FI.

But I'm not making that call. You do what you do...sorry man...I'm just not making that call for your car. Its up to you.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM   #257 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
As long as you have a spring compressor it will take an hour two at the most. It seems a lot more complicated than it is

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."

Last edited by DarkSidEclipse; August 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:26 AM   #258 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
my vote for next visual mod: RA eyelids!!!

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:44 AM   #259 (permalink)

Name: Alex
Vehicle: 2000 Audi A4 quattro
ALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant futureALBOE has a brilliant future
so why did u not go to Dallas MOD?
ALBOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM   #260 (permalink)

joey, dont sweat that spring install, it was the first mod i did almost 2 years ago, and it was a snap. you just need 2 spring compressors and you can do that crap in the driveway!!! to me, the most important visual mod one can do. i still got the eibach springs on my original struts from before i switched to megan coilovers. honestly, now that i have the eibach sway bars... im thinking of just going back to springs and selling the coilovers.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM   #261 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
so Hondas is Tanner.. ive been talking to him lol small world.

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #262 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprsaiyjinbroli View Post
I've never dealt with RIPP...but they seem like shitheads. Just based on what I've read...everyone hates them. I wouldn't listen to those bastards. LOL. I'll tell you that.

Hm...well. You're not hitting boost. So the stockers should work. Like I said man, I'm a wuss. I'd say leave them...we'll get it working as is...I'm talking OUT of boost. Working on the bottom end. Then swap...readjust...then start on the boost. But thats your call.
man, truth be told my honest opinion about ripp is that they don't mean anything malicious, but like you've said before - they simply CAN NOT have done all the needed research with what they were doing/trying - and certainly not enough to make an 'affordable' kit with a black box you can't tune. I think the one guy Ross owned a 4g or two, and their mechanic Angelo has always been nice to me and seems to know something about the 4g, but I don't think any of them drive it. another reason they took the stg 2 off the market - they just didn't want to deal with it anymore and I think they are having success supercharging jeeps now, so whatever.

Ok I will leave those plugs like I said in the PM. I need to do a few more things for work, and then go work on my car a bit then I will try to get some logging done this evening.

Quote:
As long as you have a spring compressor it will take an hor two at the most. It seems a lot more complicated than it is
Quote:
joey, dont sweat that spring install, it was the first mod i did almost 2 years ago, and it was a snap. you just need 2 spring compressors and you can do that crap in the driveway!!! to me, the most important visual mod one can do. i still got the eibach springs on my original struts from before i switched to megan coilovers. honestly, now that i have the eibach sway bars... im thinking of just going back to springs and selling the coilovers.
ok sweet thanks guys. guess I need to pick up the spring compressor tools before friday.
and yeah timmy i don't think those megans are too popular - someone was saying they rust? if you come across the 'megan coilovers' group buy thread you may want to add your 2 cents if you haven't already

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
my vote for next visual mod: RA eyelids!!!
yeah man I am really really leaning that way...every dollar i come up with tho is absolutely scraped from nowhere and my daughter is going without pop cycles as we speak...you wouldn't believe the shit i had to spin to my wife to agree to let the money for my springs go...no just kidding it's my birthday on the 12th, so she relented easily...but that is not the norm. I will get them eventually tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBOE View Post
so why did u not go to Dallas MOD?
shit man i must have missed the posts about it...or FREEKER did not TELL ME!? which I would regard as his sworn duty to do.......................I will take it up with him

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #263 (permalink)
Theta II

Joey if you do go ahead with the springs 1. Feel free to PM with any question's 2. Could you please measure the length of the endlinks, and stud size?

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM   #264 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
thats a sexy ass car. i love the color. looks like a deep red... or sumn?? i want a color like that.

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM   #265 (permalink)

actually, joey, i found the make of them to be very acceptable for the price, and i know a guy here on fort cambell who as them on an old (maybe 01) wrx and they are in great working condition. of course keeping them away from salt and sand... but one should assume that when buying parts intended for the track.

what i dont like is that no matter what i do, the ass end is loose. i have taken them to a good suspension place, who allowed me to watch them as they tuned the pieces in. the front, no problem. the back....loose.

now dont get me wrong, she swirves through the twisties like a dream, but when im doin 80 on the highway, the ass end is just loose. the old dude who did my alignment and suspension tune was lost.... he said, and i quote....

"this is a fine looking kit, very adjustable. i would trust this kit if i were racing, but not if it were raining....these springs are just pathetic and i cant get her solid for straight driving"

you do the math joey, stick with what you got and yes... i need to spread the word on what i know.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM   #266 (permalink)
Theta II

I think our ass is so loose due to weight ratio. I am pretty sure it would take urethane bushings and some endlinks to tighten it up more. My question is how stiff can you get em the rear? Can you eliminate most of the dip caused by accel? If you do sell em let me know how much. You should think about for about 8 more months and then decide lol. Since by then I will be off this godforsaken island and in Oklahoma haha

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM   #267 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
oh nevermind, its black.

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
I think our ass is so loose due to weight ratio. I am pretty sure it would take urethane bushings and some endlinks to tighten it up more. My question is how stiff can you get em the rear? Can you eliminate most of the dip caused by accel? If you do sell em let me know how much. You should think about for about 8 more months and then decide lol. Since by then I will be off this godforsaken island and in Oklahoma haha
roger that darkside, im tellin ya, i have a bit experience when i comes to suspensions, this kit is loose. the springs are weak. again, the lowering and rebound reduction is great for cornering, but she regrets it on the straight and narrow when going 80. i've had a couple people in the car that said the same thing, just dont feel right.
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #269 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Arrow today's progress

well guys, I am going to take those logs very soon - just had to do a few more things first...

Fixed my Oil Leak...I hope. Repaired all clamps and supercharger oil lines, including adding the oil sandwich plate.

fresh filter and oil changed.

Installed Oil Pressure Gauge:

Fixed the fuel line - removed the 'T' that was installed to supply fuel to the supplemental injectors.

better hit the bed. work in the morning.

Last edited by joeyb; August 5th, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #270 (permalink)

very nice. Keep it up. then all you gotta do is an engine swap for mine and yours come onnnn you know you wanna trade...

Quote:
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #271 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks Dax - and believe me there are times when I would probably take you up on that engine trade offer...this bitch may be mean as fuck even not dialed in, but boy oh boy she's a big handful of problems, let me tell you

Old August 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #272 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ88 View Post
thats a sexy ass car. i love the color. looks like a deep red... or sumn?? i want a color like that.
thanks for the props RJ. I can't wait to see yours finished...but I have found it can be a long and dark road - I'm coming up on about 1 year ago I ordered my headers - starting the SC path

Old August 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #273 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Joey if you do go ahead with the springs 1. Feel free to PM with any question's 2. Could you please measure the length of the endlinks, and stud size?
sorry man just saw this - I will for sure be PMing you, Freeker, and Timmy if need any help. I am feeling more confident, but if it took you 2 or 3 hours it will probably take me 5 or 6. I tend to work slow, while I stand there, drink beer and think about it all.

and I will for sure measure those endlinks and studs.

Last edited by joeyb; August 5th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #274 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
taking your time is never a bad idea... trust me... ive rushed some projects then fucked something up and said "fuck why didn't i just take my fucking time..."

so yea... text me with problems or questions joe

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #275 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
i think we should all take a moment and remember the turtle and the hare from bugs bunny the turtle took it slow till the end and beat the hare

not saying youll stay a turtle but like a turtle with rockets in the shell =)
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #276 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^lmao

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #277 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Cool Lowered

here are some pics I snapped during the install - I may have to create a 'how to' on this one....I know there is already one, but I don't think it's very complete....I may combine that one w/ freekers and add some stuff and make a new one.........that is if I feel like it tomorrow..........

set that new unit right down in there, then put the top piece back on

here is the spring up in there

before:

after - the front slammed down only:

I am thinking about keeping it this way................w/ just the front lowered... if anyone wants to weigh in with their opinion on that, I'd more than welcome it.........keep this way or lower the back too?

Last edited by joeyb; August 6th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #278 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
i think thats old school lol thats how my stang sits but that install is a snap huh the hardst part is those fuckin bolts at the bottem of the strut
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #279 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
looks like a fuckin gsx
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #280 (permalink)
Theta II

I can't say for sure how well your front struts would handle that

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.