Joe's Supercharged 08 GT - Page 9 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #321 (permalink)
Soon to be SC'd :)

Name: Don Glisson
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
NitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond reputeNitroGlisson has a reputation beyond repute
Sure am enjoying following this thread Joey...if you are scraping now wait 'till you get a body kit. I busted one of my fangs on a clump of grass cutting across my Mother's yard. I had the 1.5 drop and a Razzi kit and was shaving off the tops of ant hills. My new bumpers might even be worse...we'll see...someday.

Sure like your lowered look!
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #322 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
thanks Don! oh man I CAN'T WAIT for your baby to be back. I am seriously like::dr ool:

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #323 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
3rd Gear Pull From A Roll - Gauges Shot

not sure how much you can see but my dear wife did her best after much coercing by me - she get's car sick in the back seat and looking through a camera viewer, etc....thanks hon.

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #324 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

0 - 60 MPH Shot w/ Gauges

Hopefully you can see enough on this one. I don't really launch, but start at about 0:02.5 and am to 30 MPH in a heartbeat. this isn't WOT, but probably around 75%. There were too many cars ahead and I had to shut it down almost immediately. But hopefully you guys can see it's working better than it ever has. Boost only goes up to about 2 - 3 lbs (goes up to about 5 lbs in that other video above I think) from what I could see but the F/IC is working like a spitting champ. Still have a ton of room to make power just haven't gotten to taken the logs and consult with you guys about them yet...but I will, hopefully soon.

Old September 29th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #325 (permalink)
Lathe Master

Vehicle: 05 Lancer Evolution
Ricoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant future
Alright, noticed the swervy light. The swervy light comes on when the system rich code is thrown for both banks. I learned this the hard way.

Make SURE you're MAF sensor is getting 1.7 volts in and outputting 1.7 volts at idle. IF it is 1.75 or higher, you're telling the car that it is under more of a load than it really is. The result is way too much fuel, a blackened exhaust tip, and this code.

Double check you're MAF settings. And if that doesn't work, you're MAF might have been fried from fuel contamination from the extra injector setup you were running before you went to the pinks. Might be worth a try.
Progress Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI, Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, Aero Turbine 2540I Muffler, Ripp Long Tube Headers (SES Free), Dynomax High Flow Cat, Thrush Stainless Resonator, Ripp Poly Motor Mounts, Glowshift Gauge Pod and Gauges, GTech SS, Custom Glass Radiator Hose, TWM GS Short Shifter w/ custom reverse lockout, TB Bypass, Red Neon Decklid
Ricoswave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #326 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^hmmmmmmmmm thanks Rico. I will double check that setting at 1.7 volts....BUT that video was taken before I went to Abel Racing on Monday and had her tuned up right. The guy fixed the 'system too rich' code, but now I am throwing a MAP sensor code b/c there is more boost in there than before I guess.

Good news - my snap-on scan-tool just came in the mail and it looks like one bad piece. Hopefully that will help me sort this out but I may have to clamp the MAP sensor as well, which I believe I can do by using one of the AEM F/IC 6 auxiliary wires which are also cleanly run through the harness for me. cool.

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #327 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Talking

yeah so I'm relatively certain that this is a good thing to have right here:

especially for anyone trying to tune their own boosted car.
brianJ got me an awesome deal on this bad ass scanner, and hopefully, it will lead me all the way home..and into the light.

well so it only took me two months or so to save up to get it, right? looks like it was worth the wait and every cent I paid.

the instructions say it will take 1/8, 1/4 mile and 0 - 60 times

Last edited by joeyb; October 7th, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #328 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Old October 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #329 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Does it monitor your engine and what not?
or just rpm/mph etc

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #330 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^oh dude, that dasdaq does absolutely everything. you can look at and log the actual ECU fuel trims and such. you can get power approximations and time your 1/4 mile runs and all. pretty amazing.

my pistons arrive wednesday. Not that they'll be in anytime soon, but at least I can look at them and drool.

Old October 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #331 (permalink)
The Original GT N

1 Highscore

Name: Ian
Vehicle: 02 ZO6
Suprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud ofSuprsaiyjinbroli has much to be proud of
The force is strong with the new RIPP Generation...

Keep at it Joe.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #332 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^thanks Ian. I feel like I am moving in slow motion but at least I am moving. My pistons come in on Wednesday. (not that they are going in anytime soon) I will make some logs w/ the F/IC and my new tune for every ones' review as soon as I can get my car running decently again - it is running like shit since I took it to get it aligned - I think they broke one of the wire harnesses under there or something, b/c it is not running the same and throwing codes I've never seen - won't idle and is WAY too rich. I've barely had time to mess with it. I got it back last thrusday from a four day trip, drove it once on Saturday, it seemed off, and now I leave tomorrow. wtf I get back and it's running like shit. I can see that the tune that Abel Racing put in there is still there so wtf!? I am getting P0052 which I never got before - I think they damaged a harness like I said but I can't seem to find it.

but, I will take it back to the tuning shop as soon as I get home from my trip this week - so maybe next week at the latest, and they will hopefully get is sorted out. I'll install my injectors, new spark plugs, and probably a fuel pump - THEN MAYBE she will be ready.........to go WOT anytime anywhere.......................................... ...... not sure what I'll do with my time and money then....probably add a nitrous bottle.

Last edited by joeyb; October 10th, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #333 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Old October 10th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #334 (permalink)
Scrape Artist

Name: Low Life
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
kazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant futurekazman has a brilliant future
i love the new software joe! looks powerful

Just
lower Slam the shit out of
It

-----Break free from the chains of conformity-----

"There are a lot of us who are caught up in this hell we all live in,
Content with being blinded by rules and judgment.
We live in a world where it's more okay to follow than to lead.
In this world being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to.
Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat." - Common
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #335 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Phail! I was hoping to see "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" on the laptop.
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #336 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

hahah I was just watching that. god damn that first race scene is cool no matter how awful the rest of the shit is.

just saw the 4th one again - can't BELIEVE they still do the NOS exploding with the cigarette lighter, even after all the flack they must have taken for doing that bullshit in the first one.

Last edited by joeyb; October 10th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old October 10th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #337 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazman View Post
i love the new software joe! looks powerful
thanks kyle - I know for a fact it's a very powerful tuning tool............now if I just knew how the hell to use it, heheh, uhm...yeah.................

Old October 10th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #338 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
does the fic log boost levels?

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #339 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

hmmmmmm - yes it's logged as load via the MAP sensor.........very cool.

Old October 10th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #340 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

man guys I just walked this pusstang on the highway. I was rolling in 5th gear in the right lane and I see a v6 mustang w/ texas plates coming up quick on the left to try to pass....

got him right where I like him in the rear-view - you know, just a good spot to watch the race from in there, sitting just right - as he was trying to 'fly by' me, I opened it up to around 3/4 throttle (maybe) probably less and saw the boost gauge jump up to "0" the sds forced extra air in there. saw him freeze in my rear view then start to fall away.......... I had my arm hanging out the window already - I couldn't resist I put my hand up and did the 'come on' gesture with my hand/fingers and saw him trying as hard as he could.

I shifted to sixth then watched him fall away in the rear view as I left him behind. one last spin before I go out of town AGAIN tomorrow.....boy that was fun and she actually was running okay with 14.7 - 15.0 on the AFR right where she should be in closed loop driving.

Old October 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #341 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
hmmmmmm - yes it's logged as load via the MAP sensor.........very cool.
sorry that is misleading. it's 'shown' as load via the MAP sensor. you must turn 'logging' on to capture it.

Old October 10th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #342 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

that fucking skull display is kinda gay I just wanted to show that dashdaq had a bunch of display options.....looks impressive....would be even more impressive if I showed a picture of myself using it properly instead of cycling through the display options. took a bunch more but they were all blurry

Old October 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #343 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
sorry that is misleading. it's 'shown' as load via the MAP sensor. you must turn 'logging' on to capture it.
oh okay.. does it show it in psi?

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #344 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

I think so man yes, but I am not 100% w/out looking...here, from the instructions:

Page 11
Using the F/IC
The F/IC is a very unique product, capable of precise Fuel and Ignition Control. However, the F/IC, by design, is a “piggyback” engine controller, not a stand-alone ECU. Because it is a piggyback controller, the F/IC relies heavily on the factory ECU. As factory ECU’s get more and more complex, it is more difficult to sustain improved engine performance without the factory ECU “detuning” the engine. Thus, the key to using the F/IC is to make it work in harmony with the factory ECU.
Tuning Tips
• Tune the F/IC so the factory’s ECU’s closed-loop fuel trims are as close to zero as possible using the fuel maps. Change the factory ECU’s closed loop target AFR using the O2 table. Most factory ECU’s can sense extra fuel and will promptly adjust the fuel trims to remove the extra fuel. For easy reference, fuel trims can be monitored with an OBDII scanner or equivalent device. Positive fuel trims are reduced by adding fuel. Negative fuel trims are reduced by removing fuel.
• Keep it simple. Many times it is not necessary to use every function of the F/IC to obtain the desired engine performance. If the desired engine performance can be achieved by adjusting only two maps, use only the two maps. There is no benefit to adding fuel in one map and removing it in another.
• Be conservative when making changes. A small step in the wrong direction is less likely to damage an engine than a large step in the wrong direction.
• Use the Oxygen Sensor functions only when additional closed-loop fuel is needed.

Absolute Pressure Explained

(Note: The F/IC reads and displays absolute pressure. Please read the following section before tuning.)
When talking pressure, there are two common ways pressure is represented, Gauge, and Absolute, Gauge being by far the more common way. Take a tire for example, if the measuring gauge says 50 psi, we say the tire has 50 psi of air in it. However, that is not 100% correct. The tire actually has air at 50 psi above atmospheric pressure, which is known as psi gauge (psig). The total pressure, or absolute pressure (psia) is actually 50 psi on the gauge plus the atmospheric pressure. So, the absolute pressure is the gauge pressure plus the atmospheric pressure. What about boost gauges? Most boost gauges display gauge pressure both above and below atmospheric pressure. Pressure above atmospheric pressure is commonly referred to as ”Boost” pressure. Pressure below atmospheric is commonly referred to as “Vacuum”. So why the lesson on absolute pressure? BECAUSE THE F/IC READS AND DISPLAYS ABSOLUTE PRESSURE!!! For easy reference, the following formulas can be used to determine, “Boost” and “Vacuum’ pressures. Atmospheric pressure can be determined by reading the F/IC pressure with the key on and the engine off.

Last edited by joeyb; October 10th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #345 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

"P(boost) = P(F/IC) – P(atmospheric)
P (vacuum) = P(atmospheric) – P(F/IC)
Now that you’re starting to grasp absolute pressure, you might wonder why the F/IC reads absolute pressure. Well, absolute pressure is the only accurate, repeatable way
to measure manifold pressure. Measuring only “Boost” pressure does not account for changes in atmospheric pressure. Changes in atmospheric pressure will cause changes in manifold pressure. For example, let’s consider a boost gauge at high elevation, where atmospheric pressure is 12.7 psia. A boost gauge reading of 10 psi will give an absolute pressure of 22.7 psia (12.7 + 10). Now, take the same boost gauge at sea level, where atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psia. A boost gauge reading of 10 psi now gives an absolute pressure of 24.7 psia (10 + 14.7). The boost gauge displayed 10 psi boost in both locations, however, the absolute pressure was two psi greater at sea level. By measuring absolute pressure, instead of gauge pressure, the F/IC can be tuned correctly for all operating conditions." - AEM

Last edited by joeyb; October 10th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #346 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

dude sent me your email address and I will send over the instructions. they go into detail about how they calculate load/boost/etc. and what I've learned and I think they are trying to say is that no two boost gauges are equal....whatever that means.

Old October 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #347 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
kick ass joe keep us posted!!!

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #348 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Arrow Pistons Acquired Thanks to Timmy

Old October 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #349 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Sexy!

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #350 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

thanks man. I was just reading an old post of yours talking about how it really isn't wise to spend so much $ on this car...being FWD and all...better to spend a few thousand, make it plenty tough w/ a bottle, and call it good.....you are so right but I plan to keep this car until the day I die. so I guess I am not worried about getting my $ back for what it's actually worth or for what I've put into it,
but for anyone else thinking about boosting their car with a turbo or the sds kit - it will be expensive and time consuming and you'll always have a problem to deal with - and for sure you'll almost never get someone to give you what you've put into it if you want to sell. unless they just love the car too and have to have it or something - but very unlikely. so just make sure you absolutely love the car and realize it will be a long dark road...

such a good point man.

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #351 (permalink)
Retired User

sporty is just really nicesporty is just really nicesporty is just really nice
man,those pistons look GREAT ! pure eye candy
sporty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #352 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^oh man you are not kidding. I haven't been to sleep tonight b/c I've just wanted to spend time in their presence. it's hard not to handle/fondle them, but that isn't good for them as they need to be 100% balls clean when they go in. so I put them away until it's time....

Old October 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #353 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
alcohol and carb clean will take the grub off

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #354 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Name: Alan
Vehicle: 2004 Evo 8 GSR
cficare68 is a jewel in the roughcficare68 is a jewel in the rough
Shinny!!!!!!! Me wants the shinny
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #355 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^haha yeah they are somethin else, I tell you. I can't get over it. now if I could just get them INSIDE the engine instead of sitting idle on my table....

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #356 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
thanks man. I was just reading an old post of yours talking about how it really isn't wise to spend so much $ on this car...being FWD and all...better to spend a few thousand, make it plenty tough w/ a bottle, and call it good.....you are so right but I plan to keep this car until the day I die. so I guess I am not worried about getting my $ back for what it's actually worth or for what I've put into it,
but for anyone else thinking about boosting their car with a turbo or the sds kit - it will be expensive and time consuming and you'll always have a problem to deal with - and for sure you'll almost never get someone to give you what you've put into it if you want to sell. unless they just love the car too and have to have it or something - but very unlikely. so just make sure you absolutely love the car and realize it will be a long dark road...

such a good point man.

Very well said! It not that I think this car sucks, or is slow by any means. But is just limited by the amount of power that we can actually use. By all means if that is what you want to do, then more power to you!! But me, I'm keeping my car as long as I can as a sick as hell DD and getting another car for my toy car, in fact I'll have it in two weeks... I'll give you a hint (if your smart you will know) It's rear wheel drive, and has plenty of power stock with a huge aftermarket, will run the 1/4 miles in the low 12s, and hangs with cars way over its price range...

But like I said, more power to you man, I love reading about your progress! Keep up the good work!

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #357 (permalink)
4g63 Fanatic

Name: Alan
Vehicle: 2004 Evo 8 GSR
cficare68 is a jewel in the roughcficare68 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
^haha yeah they are somethin else, I tell you. I can't get over it. now if I could just get them INSIDE the engine instead of sitting idle on my table....
True but til then you have a very nice set of paper weights. Better than anyone else on the forum i'm sure lol
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #358 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxenth View Post
alcohol and carb clean will take the grub off
ah cool thx jeff - well hopefully i'll not have too much grub to remove. I put them back in their plastic bags and wrapped them up again. they will probably be sitting in by at least until next spring. but one of the main components has been acquired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
... I'll give you a hint (if your smart you will know) It's rear wheel drive, and has plenty of power stock with a huge aftermarket, will run the 1/4 miles in the low 12s, and hangs with cars way over its price range...
oh shit jeep's getting a vett.............................................. ....................???

tanner's parents' just picked one up and now he has one sitting in his garage, also..........

shit I've wanted a vett since I was kid but who hasn't? that will be SWEET!!!! some kid in OKC that tanner and I know has a 650 whp 800+ torque vett that is basically undefeated and untouchable up at the meet. I haven't seen anyone else that has anything even close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
True but til then you have a very nice set of paper weights. Better than anyone else on the forum i'm sure lol
hahaha! that's a perfect way to state their usefulness.

Last edited by joeyb; October 17th, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #359 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
joe i jizzed in my pants when i saw those pistons... just thought i would share

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #360 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

^

well we'll need those doctors gloves they use when for surgery when we open her up...do you really think we can do it ourselves? man I am having second thoughts...I am going to definitely TRY to get another 6G75 to build up and swap in....but, shit man, mine only has 10K on it right now....so I'm not sure which would be better to use....guess that will depend on what I can find out there

Tags
2009, brake, bumper, carbon, cat-back, custom, eclipse, exhaust, gauge, good, halo, headers, headlights, hood, kit, nitrous, paint, projector, ralliart, ripp, spoiler, street, supercharger, wheels, wideband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.