Haviks Car - Page 3 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2016, 05:06 PM   #81 (permalink)

Name: Ozzy
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GT
havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChris27 View Post
I just have a quick question, how did you bake your headlights? I have the Projector OEM headlights as well on my 2011 eclipse.What parts did you take off, obviously the D1S bulb... but what else?
Hey sorry King Chris i never noticed you posted.
Aright so for sure the bulbs. Pull the motor off that moves the projector up and down( it twists and you just pull it out with alot of force, feels like your going to break it) Take the ballast off. Pretty much anything you can take off you remove everything. You will have the wires hanging out which i just put them in the back where the d1s bulb goes.
Preheat the oven for i believe 225 and stick the lights in there for like 10 mins checking. You can leave them in longer but i took them out every 10 mins because i was nervous. Wear mits as it gets very hot... lol i used leather gloves and a screw driver and just slowly pulled it apart.
Now once you do whatever you were going to do you need to remove the black glue. It will suck 100% just get at it and take your time. It will look very similar to the channel. It needs to go!
Sealing wise i used clear rtv silicone and waited to dry then i covered it with black plastidip. It looks great now and its more then sealed. The beauty of it i can just peal and then just cut the glue i can take it out again and not have to clean as much.
Hope this helps ya.

Oh and the halos i used were 90mm in case you were looking at doing that as well.

Any questions feel free to pm.
Havik
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #82 (permalink)

Alright i figured i would update this since I haven't in a while.

I needed to change my oil and air filter.
So i went with royal purple for oil filter and oil. Cant complain yet but its some good stuff.

I decided with a CAI instead of spending money on a new filter.
I went with AEM from ACI and its awesome!
No codes so far with 110 miles on it.

I did have issues with the filter fitting. It took so long to try and put the air filter on the intake... your supposed to do it with it all hooked up. I couldn't for the life of me. I had to dissemble it a few times and try to hook it up all in one.
Ended up jacking the car up and sliding it as one from the bottom. Only issue is with my body kit. The filter is quite long so its pushed against the inside of my body kit. I don't think it will cause any issues but i guess it could later down the rode. I just keep inspecting it so often and see what happens.
Other issue i have with the CAI is the middle bolt im supposed to attach to it. I cant get the mount bolted on lol. Its still bolted on the other two locations. It is sturdy and wont fall off or anything.

Also installed a hydro shield!

Also installed a dash cam! The thing is awesome!
It was like maybe 25 mins to install at most. I live in a area that has some really bad drivers that don't care about lives or anything for that matter. This way I can provide proof of whatever happens.

Not the best picture to show from the outside. I will take a better one later.

Also here are the short 5 min clips at daytime and night.
I will say the daytime one looked dark because of sun.

Daytime

Night

Dashcam i bought on amazon

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by havik; February 26th, 2016 at 01:48 PM.
havik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:39 PM   #83 (permalink)

Just thought i would post an update.

Got the calipers painted gloss black. Also took the rims and painted them. They just look almost exactly the same but with more gloss lol.
I found a new spot driving around today and figured i would snap a few pics.

Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:40 AM   #84 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Beautiful man! Those wheels look a bit too sunk in though. Would look sweet if they were flush with the fenders dontcha think? If only you knew someone who was selling wheel spacers...

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:28 AM   #85 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
Can you do a little write up on the dash cam installation? Been thinking about doing the same thing, drivers in my town are mostly all in the 'zero fucks' camp too.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:31 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
Beautiful man! Those wheels look a bit too sunk in though. Would look sweet if they were flush with the fenders dontcha think? If only you knew someone who was selling wheel spacers...
Lol nice one... Honestly if i was keeping the bodykit i would consider it. But right now im actually thinking about going back to stock.... Im not sure yet. Being stock means i can lower..... im not sure yet... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Can you do a little write up on the dash cam installation? Been thinking about doing the same thing, drivers in my town are mostly all in the 'zero fucks' camp too.
Plain Jane. I will do you one better. VIDEO!!!!!!!!! lol give me a few days and i will walk you through everything. I will just PM you the link. I will then post what i did in the how to section as well.
Honestly though man it was quick! Like a 30 min job. I spent more time trying to figure out where to mount then the full install.
Old May 20th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #87 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Name: Eric
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT 6 Speed MT
1SickTSI is on a distinguished road
your car looks so bad ass!! was it hard to take your headlights apart? there was no issues baking them with the electronics in them? I have the same factory headlights and i want to take mine apart so bad, but i am scared to mess them up lol, i want to paint them black in a worst way!
Old July 10th, 2016, 03:22 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SickTSI View Post
your car looks so bad ass!! was it hard to take your headlights apart? there was no issues baking them with the electronics in them? I have the same factory headlights and i want to take mine apart so bad, but i am scared to mess them up lol, i want to paint them black in a worst way!
Did you ever do this yet? I did send you instructions via PM...

Alright guys a new update.

I liked the sound of the GT Stock, But i felt like i wanted a tad bit more sound...

QTP Electric exhaust cutout for the win!

200 for the exhaust and 200 for install. It sounds like a freaking beast! Then with the flip of a switch its back to sweet old stock sound on the go. Takes like 2 seconds to open or close. Its a beast for sure. I cant wait to hear it with headers!!! I have been trying to do a good video for you guys, but each time i do one its either windy, lots of background noise or a crappy camera guy (me). So i will try to get a good one when the conditions permit.

I really like it and its nice to go on a trip and to have the option for either quiet or loud on the fly.
It turns heads like you wouldn't believe. I had the shop install it right after the y pipe as it goes down before the 3rd cat and he did a great job.
I do notice less torque at the start but its not a deal breaker.
I haven't had it dynoed yet or anything. I just drove and stepped on it with it open and closed and felt like the tires would break free easier with it closed. I did another test with open and closed and left it in the same gear going the same speed and it was excalty the same. I dont remember what gear or speed i was going though lol.

I want headers now!!!! Then a tune! Im on my way.

I should say this does come with a big warning!!!!!
This will break peoples necks when you fully go on it! If you want to be sued for neck surgery or possible death then continue with your own risk!
Also this really will draw attention in a positive or negative way.
Good video to come!
This will work for now...

https://youtu.be/qjsE81jMCbI
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #89 (permalink)

Got bored and seen everyone's been painting engine bay parts and thought i would join in.

I know i need to clean it!

Also new brake pads and slotted rotors.

And finnaly made real brackets for fog lights since my body kit doesnt allow anything.

Changed them out to HIDS lol
Altho it looks a little crooked even though they are not lol...

I also have them pointed down really far.

And a few random cell phone pics lol

More to come!

Many more plans...
Old September 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM   #90 (permalink)
No Worries

tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Great job on the fogs man! That's always been a big concern of mine with people moving to aftermarket front bumpers.

Old November 13th, 2016, 04:32 PM   #91 (permalink)

Alright, So i completely changed my mind on what i want to do. Im taking off my body kit in a few months. Its been fun, I like the way it looks but im sick of it. Its been problems since the start. Im going back to my original bumpers with a twist. I was going to go with mitsu aero kit... Nope..... Im going with a front splitter and canards, Side camards, And a rear diffuser that im making right now. Im also ripping my RGB halos and switching to Switchback halos, White when on and orange for blinkers. Fully plasti dipping the car (unsure on color yet but most likely a satin black which is my fav color). Its a big project but i hope to be finished by March. I should be done with the splitter and my diy aero kit by the end of November. But in March i will be fully painting and adding everything together. Its going to be AWESOME! Honestly my idea is a mix from like 5 different eclipses i have seen and i combined it all. My only issue is im not sure how i want the diffuser to be. I have seen different ones and they look great, but not to many people have done one on the 2009 rear bumper and pulled it off.

More to come, Pictures when splitter and the rest are made as usual.
Old November 20th, 2016, 02:36 AM   #92 (permalink)

Name: Andres
Vehicle: 2009 GT
SuperEvilnine is on a distinguished road
Can't wait man, good luck!

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk
SuperEvilnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2016, 03:20 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEvilnine View Post
Can't wait man, good luck!

Thanks

Just wanted to give an update. I haven't done anything lol. My plans are still the same. Just been busy. I hope to start things soon.
Old March 9th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #94 (permalink)

So just an Update...

I have started my front splitter and I am about half way finished cutting everything out. I Picked up two sheets of Alumalite for 40 a sheet and its freaking awesome! I have to cut out one more splitter and then figure out about my canards. Idk if i want to use the plastic ones i bought or use Alumalite. I will see what i have left and figure it out.

I ordered a new oem bumper grill off of ebay for 40! I dont like having the emblem on the front so im going to cut out the grill and replace it with Honeycomb for top and bottom. Its cheaper then the grillcraft and will look just as good. I also ordered front splitter bars for more support. I just now have to figure out where to mount everything at. So i have a 4 day weekend coming up and if i receive the items and if the weather lets me I guess i will be ripping my front bumper off and trying to figure out the support bar location. With how light the splitter is im sure it Bolted, Not screwed to my front bumper will hold, But I need that "Extra" support. Something about sheets of aluminum on the front of my car flying off at highway speeds or more makes me shutter at the idea. I still have not received my rear diffuser parts yet Its actually in LA now so i guess that sad face can turn into a shouldnt be to long now, I figure another week or so.
So I hope to be finished with my splitter either this weekend or next.

Last edited by havik; March 9th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
havik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #95 (permalink)

Looking good so far bro.

Old May 15th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #96 (permalink)

So i have finally finished everything! Well, almost everything. I like how it all looks. I know that some will like it and some wont. It took a while to get finished but im pretty happy how everything went.

Once its not raining i will go wash the car and redo the pictures but i just wanted to update you guys and see how you guys like it. Lol I know its Matte black and most people hate it. Its my absolute fav color and I couldn't be happier. Will update in a bit!!

Thanks!
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #97 (permalink)

Bold move and it looks great!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:37 AM   #98 (permalink)

Once that beast gets dropped it will look even sexier

Old May 16th, 2017, 11:29 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Bold move and it looks great!

Thanks!! I know it's really different now!

Quote:
Once that beast gets dropped it will look even sexier

Yes I plan on it, not soon though but when the time is right.

I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten any ricer comments yet or more comments really lol.

I'm really just curious what everyone thinks about it all.

Don't be shy speak up!
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado

Name: David
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GST
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh will become famous soon enough
I love the car..... but I dont like that rain LOL
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:44 AM   #101 (permalink)
DR3

Name: Diego
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse SE (GS)
DR3 has a spectacular aura about
I love the work that you did on the front and rear bumpers.
DR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #102 (permalink)
No Worries

Whatta ricer...

Haha jk I really like the front splitter man! Honestly a bit iffy about the canards though. They don't seem to flow as well with our body lines. But if you like them then by no means change them! You just asked for our humble opinions

Old May 17th, 2017, 08:55 AM   #103 (permalink)

Name: Tristen
ROAD RENEGADE is on a distinguished road
I think your car was sexy with the kits and i think its still sexy with the custom oem bumpers. Keep up the work my man! Defiantly not ricey...tasty is how to describe it haha
ROAD RENEGADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:58 AM   #104 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Holy crap, really digging it Havik. Looks even better than before imo. Did you get it wrapped? I'm impressed!
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:49 AM   #105 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
God, I love matte black. I've always wondered what a well done, murdered out 4g would look like, and I like it. Is it dip?
Old May 17th, 2017, 01:25 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAtHsWhIpLaSh View Post
I love the car..... but I dont like that rain LOL
Lol im waiting to take better pictures. The weather looks like it will clear up this weekend. I happen to love the rain lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3 View Post
I love the work that you did on the front and rear bumpers.
Thanks! It wasnt all that hard really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
Whatta ricer...

Haha jk I really like the front splitter man! Honestly a bit iffy about the canards though. They don't seem to flow as well with our body lines. But if you like them then by no means change them! You just asked for our humble opinions
I was actually iffy on the canards too. But i do like them on. I didnt like how it looked with just the splitter, like it was missing something. Idk my wife told me it looked like it had side burns or something, which i kinda have to agree with her this time...

Oh im keeping them on for sure! Its nice to be different with OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD RENEGADE View Post
I think your car was sexy with the kits and i think its still sexy with the custom oem bumpers. Keep up the work my man! Defiantly not ricey...tasty is how to describe it haha
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Holy crap, really digging it Havik. Looks even better than before imo. Did you get it wrapped? I'm impressed!
No actually its plasti dip. I fell for all the videos and went for it. But i can always take the stuff off if i dont like the look any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonalgeier View Post
God, I love matte black. I've always wondered what a well done, murdered out 4g would look like, and I like it. Is it dip?
Yes 4 full gallons of black dip with some black betty pearls in the last two coats which makes it a little bit darker.

In truth up close its a crappy dip job. This is my first car i have fully dipped and it kinda sucks lol. Bumps all over the place! Hood looks like carpet or something. And my rear has to be redone which isnt a problem. My hood is the worst of it all. Kinda looks like Spackle on a ceiling. I have used dip a lot before and came out with good results. I already know my problem so it wont happen again.

The car was looking good untill i added the black betty pearls in. It then shot out dip in crazy directions and plugged the gun up mid way on the hood. I cleaned up what i could but it was too late. I should of bought more gallons in the beginning but I thought i wouldn't make any mistakes. I basically need to peal the whole car and try again. But the spoiler came out smooth and even and perfect lol. But honestly it was my first attempt and i would do it again with the same results. I like it. Its not perfect but I can just remove and redo!

Looks good on pictures lol.
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:21 PM   #107 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Dang, I don't notice. That's a pretty good dip job! Was it very difficult? Did you do it in a garage or something?
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Dang, I don't notice. That's a pretty good dip job! Was it very difficult? Did you do it in a garage or something?
Thanks, no it honestly wasn't difficult at all. The top of the car and the hood was the worst problems. Im only 5' 8" and i had a hard time reaching across my hood. I would get too close or i would be too far away and i was leaving a lot of streaks. Also the spoiler was a pain as well thinking about it now. My idea was to unbolt it and dip it on its own. But someone used 3m tape and the bolts to secure it, Which is fine except i didnt want to redo all the 3m tape. But dipping wise it was one of the easiest things i have done to the car. Masking took the longest part. No i didnt have a garage but my father and I actually made a paint booth out of aluminum poles and a GIANT tarp. We left the front and back open somewhat for air movement and just covered all the sides.

I think im just going to unbolt my hood and my rear bumper and just do it again. Wont be difficult i just haven't removed the hood before. I will just order another gallon or two.
Old May 29th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #109 (permalink)

Name: Undertaker
Vehicle: 2011 GS 5MT
undertaker is on a distinguished road
Hi, I was wondering where you get the front splitters? I got similar ones off ebay but they were slight off and would need trimming. yours seemed to fit very well. BTW I have the same rear splitters as you have! The problem I had with it is that i could still see part of it hanging out into the car after installation. its not apparent if you see the car right in front of you, but you can see the part hanging if you see at about 45 degrees. do you have the same problems as well or did you also trim it? thanks!
undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
Hi, I was wondering where you get the front splitters? I got similar ones off ebay but they were slight off and would need trimming. yours seemed to fit very well. BTW I have the same rear splitters as you have! The problem I had with it is that i could still see part of it hanging out into the car after installation. its not apparent if you see the car right in front of you, but you can see the part hanging if you see at about 45 degrees. do you have the same problems as well or did you also trim it? thanks!
The Splitter was made by me. The Canards i believe your talking about were purchased off of Amazon. They honestly dont fit that great either. I used a heat gun and slowly tried to mold them to the bumper. There is like half an inch of gap running between them. After messing around with them I found that i like the gap and left them the way they are.

Now the rear diffuser parts didnt fit all the great either. I was going to try the heat gun thing to make them more flush but in the end i just didn't mind what i saw. Its just a slight gap

So let me know if this helps you.

Tags
body, body kit, car, key, kit, lol, mobile, mods, pictures, rip, speakers, subs, system, upgrades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.