Blake's 07 GS - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Blake
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Spank_Bank is on a distinguished road
This is my first time modding a car, so it's kind of a slow process. Definitely a learning experience. I tried to include a few pics from the day I brought her home, one exterior and one of under the hood (DIRTY), as well as some pics of what I've done since.

Engine/Exhaust
-DC Sports CAI
-Injen hydroshield
-GT throttle body
-Throttle body spacer
-Throttle body bypass
-Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
-Reflash by Hackish
-RRE underdrive pulley
-RRE headers

Exterior
-Black plasti-dipped wheels, front bumper, side mirrors, eyelids, & gas cap
-Prime Choice Auto drilled & slotted brake rotors
-Black VHT caliper paint
-Ralliart badge
-Debadged rear lettering
-DRL delete

Interior
-Blue LEDs
-AUX cord
-Tiburon shift knob
-Spec D Tuning ebrake handle
-PILOT Motorsports shift boot
-RS1 Tuning racing pedals
-Dorman heated seats
-Pioneer avh-2700bs (with MITO-01 and Axxess ASWC-1)
-Iggee seat covers
-Motortrend all weather floor mats
-K Motors armrest cover
-EJ's red interior auto trim

This is only the beginning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1309.jpg (68.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg My Eclipse.jpg (58.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 20150127_144108.jpg (62.7 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 20150128_122824.jpg (60.8 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 20150128_223726.jpg (39.5 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by Spank_Bank; March 18th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Spank_Bank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GT-P
Lowridah is on a distinguished road
Good luck with your build, my only piece of advice is take your time and research your purchases. Do not rush in deciding anything. First car syndrome can hurt the look of a car in the end. So far lookin good, nice engine cleanup
Lowridah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
So far so good Blake! What's the future plans?

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 29th, 2015, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowridah View Post
Good luck with your build, my only piece of advice is take your time and research your purchases. Do not rush in deciding anything. First car syndrome can hurt the look of a car in the end. So far lookin good, nice engine cleanup
Yeah it's definitely something I want to take my time with. This is the first time I've ever been proud of my car, so I don't want to screw that up lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
So far so good Blake! What's the future plans?
So I think I want to focus more on performance than aesthetics, because these cars are pretty sexy already imo. I've been studying that 'beginner's guide to modding your gs' thread like it's the bible. Right now I'm looking at:

- GT tb (I think I found a local junkyard that has one, I'm gonna check it out this weekend)
- I'm debating on the tb bypass. Sometimes it gets pretty cold here, and I can't afford for my daily driver not to start. But from what I've read, the cold start hasn't been much of a problem for most people, even those in much colder places. So I'll probably end up doing it.
- When my tax return comes in (can't get here soon enough!) I'm gonna look into an upgraded exhaust. I've been researching for about a month now, and I think I like the Magnaflow cat-back system. But I've got some more reading to do before I commit to that.

As for appearances, I'm considering new headlights and/or ralliart eyelids, and eventually I'd like to lower the car too, but that's gonna be a while.
Old January 30th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
No Worries

tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Sounds like a plan! Good luck and keep us posted

Old February 16th, 2015, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Got a new exhaust put on a few days ago. Went with the magnaflow cat-back and I LOVE IT. It sounds incredible, I can feel the rumble in my seat, and I'm definitely starting to notice a performance increase.

Just got my gt tb in the mail. Waiting on the spacer to come in, then I'll install them both and do the tb bypass.

After that I'm gonna have to put modding on hold. Just had to drop $675 to replace the timing belt (found out it was the original timing belt and my car has 110k miles. Yikes!). Luckily got it replaced before anything bad happened, but it definitely hurt my wallet.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just added the new throttle body and spacer, and did the bypass this week. I can definitely feel a bit of a difference, and the throttle is more responsive now. I like it

I'm ashamed to admit that I struggled with this install more than I should have. When I removed the coolant lines from my old throttle body, I wasn't careful and dumped coolant everywhere. My whole damn driveway was green after that...

Then when I tried to do the bypass, I screwed that up too. The DIY thread said to use a 5/16 coupler, but that was too small for mine, so I lost even more coolant. So I filled the coolant back up (again), used a 3/8 coupler and it worked perfectly. It's a very humbling experience when you botch a mod that everyone on the internet says you'd have to be an idiot to fuck up, but oh well. Live and learn, right?

Anyways, once I thought everything was done, I went for a drive and my car started overheating. Figured an air bubble got in, but when I tried to burp it with the radiator cap off, it didn't help.

Eventually my buddy was looking at it, found this little bleeder cap that I didn't know existed (remember I'm still pretty new to this). As soon as we took that off (which was a bitch to get to by the way) instantly heard the air come out of there. Then burped it for like another 20 minutes to be safe, and now it runs perfectly!

TL;DR- I screwed up some simple mods, but I've got good friends to help me when I fuck up. Now car runs better than ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-21 19_1424680040351.30.20.jpg (30.5 KB, 58 views)
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
Out of curiosity, what purpose does a TB spacer serve besides creating a port for meth injection (which you don't have or need)? Not trying to dump on your build, it's a good start and I like the performance direction you're taking, I would just like to know.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: C4GNATION
blackhawk1987 is on a distinguished road
I believe it is suppose to help prevent heat transfer from the block to the tb to help keep the air coming in cooler.
blackhawk1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

^ that's it. Not a huge (or even that noticeable) performance increase on it's own, but it all adds up.
Old March 25th, 2015, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Got the reflash from Hackish today, and it's pretty awesome. I've already gone through a quarter tank of gas. The weather today was great, so I just drove around all day with the windows down and sunroof open, flooring it every chance I could. Feels and sounds great.

Also, I got a hell of a deal on the reflash. Hackish already has it on sale right now for $250, but I won his contest (because I was the 20th customer this round) so I got $150 back! So when it was all said and done, I got a $450 tune for $100. This was a damn good day!
Old March 26th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Swapped out the ugly baseball shift knob today. I've been shopping around for a replacement for a while now, but I didn't like any of the aftermarket ones I found. But I really liked the oem shift knobs on Hyundai Tiburons, so I ordered one and put it on.
At first it didn't fit, so i had modify it a little bit. But now it does, and I think it looks great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150326_165311_1427413560535.jpg (27.8 KB, 82 views)
Old January 17th, 2016, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Haven't updated this thing in a while, so here's what's new:

Got the RRE underdrive pulley, and it's awesome. I really feel a difference at the lower end. I think this is one of my favorite mods.

Also, I installed a Dorman seat heater, which is great. The install was kind of a pain in the ass, but on those really cold mornings it's the best. Plus it only costs like $60, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying heated seats.

One last thing, just ordered RRE headers (they're finally in stock!) so I should have those on pretty soon.
Old January 24th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Put the RRE headers on yesterday, and they're incredible. The car is quicker and it sounds downright MEAN.

The install took a little longer than I expected (about 4 hours) because a lot of the bolts were pretty rusted, so I had to let them soak in liquid wrench for a little while, but overall it was pretty easy.

I think I'm done with performance mods for a while. Eventually I'd like to get nitrous, but I want to focus on cosmetic changes for now. Next on my list is lowering springs, then new wheels. I'd also like to get eyelids at some point.

In the meantime, while I'm saving up $ for all of that, I'm gonna paint some stuff. Pics to come.
Old January 24th, 2016, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Painted some stuff today. Got tired of the silver bumper & mirrors, and the red brake calipers. It all looked kinda cheap to me. So I painted everything black. Imo it looks a hell of a lot better. Black plasti dip on the front bumper and side mirrors (matches the wheels) and VHT black caliper paint on the calipers (duh).

Unfortunately I still have like 3 and a half cans of that silver plasti dip that I don't know what to do with... Oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151011_213815_1453683355845.jpg (26.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20160124_183034-1_1453683447283.jpg (26.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20160124_171331_1453683477565.jpg (42.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20160124_183110_1453683712027.jpg (17.6 KB, 48 views)
Old January 24th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Jim
Vehicle: 2006 GT 6MT
MarionCobretti has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank_Bank View Post
Painted some stuff today. Got tired of the silver bumper & mirrors, and the red brake calipers. It all looked kinda cheap to me. So I painted everything black. Imo it looks a hell of a lot better. Black plasti dip on the front bumper and side mirrors (matches the wheels) and VHT black caliper paint on the calipers (duh).

Unfortunately I still have like 3 and a half cans of that silver plasti dip that I don't know what to do with... Oh well.
Nice work. I really like the blacked out look a lot better.
MarionCobretti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2016, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Made a few interior modifications today. Got a new handle and shift boot for my ebrake lever to match my shift knob. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I also put in some new pedals. I like them better than just the rubber pads, but I'm not crazy about them either.

Later this week, once my mito-01 gets in, I'll be installing my new stereo (it's a pioneer avh-2700bs). I'm pretty stoked about that, and I'll put up a few pics once it's done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160221_184907_1456106670667.jpg (21.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 20160221_184739_1456106691837.jpg (24.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20160221_184649_1456106712197.jpg (16.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20160221_155320_1456106730487.jpg (25.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Spank_Bank; February 21st, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old February 21st, 2016, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
DR3

Name: Diego
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse SE (GS)
DR3 has a spectacular aura about
Nice! I'm digging the red on the e break and the shifter knob
DR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2016, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

New stereo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160229_202746_1456800143534.jpg (28.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20160229_202617_1456800198862.jpg (24.2 KB, 47 views)
Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Name: Ozzy
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GT
havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank_Bank View Post
New stereo!
Nice! looks good! What are the specs?
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

It's a pioneer avh-x2700bs. I got it refurbished for $150, so I was pretty stoked. I like it because I can use Spotify on the touchscreen, rather than fumbling around on my phone while I'm driving.

Eventually I'd like to upgrade my speakers too, because I still have the RF speakers & sub (which aren't bad, but aren't great either). But I have noticed a substantial improvement in sound quality just with the new head unit. I'm no audio wizard, but the speakers seem louder and cleaner, and it lets me fine tune the sound with the graphic eq. Overall, it's pretty awesome!
Old March 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado

Name: David
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GST
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh will become famous soon enough
how did you do the lights....are they connected into ignition power or switch? I wanna do this also!
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

I've got them connected to the 12v powering the cigarette lighter, and I have an on/off switch wired with it. The switch is circled in this pic (the other switch is for my aftermarket heated seat)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-03-09-14-44-50_1457559975427.jpg (17.0 KB, 29 views)
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Had some questions about how far back the stereo sits. You can see it's a little recessed, but the trim piece from the metra dash kit makes it hardly noticeable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160309_230001_1457592950313.jpg (19.0 KB, 32 views)
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
No Worries

Thanks man! Helped a lot!

Old September 25th, 2016, 01:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

Been a while since I've posted, figured I'd update with the car's progress.
Today I put on drilled & slotted rotors and new brake pads. Got them cheap from Prime Choice Auto, and so far I'm pretty satisfied with them!

Also replaced the hood today. A while ago my hood got dented up really badly (no idea what happened, just walked outside to see an 11" dent). I tried pulling the dent out myself with a pneumatic dent puller, and it helped some but the hood still looked like shit. Found out it was going to cost more to repair the dents than to buy a new hood, so I just got a new one. Still need to paint it, but I'm just happy to have gotten rid of the ugly dents.

Oh, and I made plasti-dip eyelids which I'm pretty proud of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160924_190521_1474784548308.jpg (39.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160924_190445_1474784597147.jpg (34.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160924_190432_1474784618044.jpg (26.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20150913_134211_1474784691709.jpg (21.5 KB, 21 views)
Old September 25th, 2016, 05:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Name: Eric
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT 6 Speed MT
1SickTSI is on a distinguished road
Looking good so far man, keep it up. Every little thing you do, will just make the car better and better . I do not think your head unit should sit back that far, it should be flush. Below is a picture of mine.

Check my build thread out below
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Ozzy
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GT
havik is on a distinguished road
The eyelids look amazing!

The head unit def shouldn't be that far back. I was able to use my old brackets from the previous rockford head unit on mine and it sits really well.

Maybe look to see if its not on the first setting or something?

Looking good either way
Old September 30th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Thanks guys!
Yeah, I'd like the stereo to sit flush, just haven't gotten that to work. I used the bracket from the OEM stereo as well. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a look at that and try to adjust it.
Old November 5th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #30 (permalink)

Just scored some used D2 coilovers for $450!
Hopefully they'll get here within the next week so I can put 'em on and FINALLY get rid of that damn wheel gap.
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #31 (permalink)

Haven't posted in a while. Got some iggee seat covers and made a red theme for the interior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170317_181734_1489798405571.jpg (32.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20170317_181740_1489798451472.jpg (35.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20170317_181742_1489798492287.jpg (31.7 KB, 8 views)

Tags
aux, black, blue, caliper, car, day, dc sports, engine, exterior, hood, interior, modding, pics, plasti, red, rust, slow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.