Brendon's Eclipse GT - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

Name: Rich
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
chlorine is on a distinguished road
Looks like the bumper cleaned up well, just the scuff behind the wheel. What did you do to clean it up?
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post
Looks like the bumper cleaned up well, just the scuff behind the wheel. What did you do to clean it up?
Cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol, and then hit it with a thick coat of turtle wax, followed by cleaning wax, scratch x, and swirl x. Picture makes it look better than it is. Gonna need to paint it, or wrap it. It pisses me off to look at. Nice clean car, and then that.
Old July 5th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

It was a good weekend for the car:

Painted and mounted my new 55" wing (thank you craigslist)

Custom made a short ram intake (feel free to blast me for it, it isn't permanent, nor is it perfect, but it was a solid learning experience, and the first real "performance" mod I have ever done)

Removed 3rd cat

I'll post pictures, but I'm currently in my office pretending to work

Old July 5th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonalgeier View Post
I'll post pictures, but I'm currently in my office pretending to work
I'm glad I'm not the only one
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

Name: Ozzy
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GT
havik is on a distinguished road
Love to see some pictures of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one
Hahahahah that was like everyday I was on this site. I would randomly type on the keyboard when someone came close to my office. If they ever went inside I didn't even have anything on the screen lol.
Old July 5th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by havik View Post
Love to see some pictures of everything!

Hahahahah that was like everyday I was on this site. I would randomly type on the keyboard when someone came close to my office. If they ever went inside I didn't even have anything on the screen lol.
It's kind of like hitting a car and leaving a note on the window- "Someone saw me hit your car, so I'm pretending to write you this note"
Old July 5th, 2016, 03:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
It's kind of like hitting a car and leaving a note on the window- "Someone saw me hit your car, so I'm pretending to write you this note"
Lol exactly!
Old July 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Made an intake.

Cost a touch under $100 bucks, and I still have a lot of left over parts, because I overestimated how much space I would have- silly me!

And yes, that is electrical tape holding the MAF sensor, cause it was kind of rattly in the mount I purchased. I plan on purchasing a real sensor mount/retrofitting one to make it look slightly more visually appealing. I promise, it's still secure, sealed, and functioning properly. No codes!

And yes again- that is a zip tie. Didn't have bracket to fit right. It works for now, but certainly not a permanent solution.

Last edited by brendonalgeier; September 1st, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
brendonalgeier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Old July 5th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

"I'm not sure, officer... It must have just fallen off...?"
Old July 13th, 2016, 12:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Passenger Occupancy Sensor: Resolved!

So, a little while after I got my car last year, I noticed the airbag light came on, and the passenger seatbelt light was illuminated all the time, even when there was a passenger with their seat belt on, and even if there was no passenger at all. I took it to the stealership the first time, and they said "the passenger occupancy sensor is faulty, will need to be replaced. It's not too expensive I don't think let me look it up... OH SHIT... it's $1,200 plus about two hours of labor for the install." - to which I responded by saying blow me.

They said the wires were all messed up and electrical taped together and shitty, so I went to a scrapyard and bought some new harnesses and tried to just plug everything back in properly. I took it to the stealership again and still a no go. They said even though the wires were fixed, and the scan could actually reach the sensor this time, the sensor itself was faulty.

So, I let it sit for like 9 months. I just went to the scrapyard last week, bought an all new sensor and wiring (plus some new air vents, all for like $30), installed it, and took it back to the stealership today...

SUCCESS!!! They resolved the issue, cleared the codes, and now I'm sitting pretty. I'll take $30 at a scrapyard, and $80 for calibration over $1,500 all day.

Now, to take care of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System light, and the SES (which seems to come on if the gas cap isn't tightened to the precise number of clicks every time. This number conveniently changes every time I buy gas.)
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Quote:
Is this new? I'm a ricer at heart and love universal spoilers, sue me. Can we get more pictures? Also, what brand/model?
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Brand is Tenzo Racing, don't think there's a model number. Will post a pic in a little bit.
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Awesome, thanks! Whats the clearance in inches?
Old July 13th, 2016, 02:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Not sure how tall- it's not crazy though. you can still see it through the rear window. It's 55" wide though
Old July 15th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Quote:
Can we get more pictures? Also, what brand/model?
Here!

Old July 15th, 2016, 11:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Hnng... call me a ricer but I love the look of these kinds of spoilers on a 4g. I know its kind of taboo but the curves almost swoop with the body and it just looks great. Why'd you decide to change it?
Old July 15th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Quote:
Hnng... call me a ricer but I love the look of these kinds of spoilers on a 4g. I know its kind of taboo but the curves almost swoop with the body and it just looks great. Why'd you decide to change it?
I had the factory spoiler with the car, but it just kind of started looking weird to me. Like the way it was curved, but trying to be flat, but it also wasn't totally curved like old Eclipse spoilers. It was just confused. So I took it off. Then, I just kind of realized something (which I always thought, but it reassured me): the Eclipse looks like it's mission something without a spoiler (unless it's slammed- then it looks sexy). So, I checked craigslist, found it for $40, and tried it out for a bit with 3m tape. I liked it, so I went drilling holes (which is the worst feeling in the world...)!

Also, where'd you get the "HNNG" from? I say that shit too, and I'm curious if we got it from the same place...

Last edited by brendonalgeier; July 15th, 2016 at 11:43 AM.
brendonalgeier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2016, 11:57 AM   #59 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Quote:
I had the factory spoiler with the car, but it just kind of started looking weird to me. Like the way it was curved, but trying to be flat, but it also wasn't totally curved like old Eclipse spoilers. It was just confused. So I took it off. Then, I just kind of realized something (which I always thought, but it reassured me): the Eclipse looks like it's mission something without a spoiler (unless it's slammed- then it looks sexy). So, I checked craigslist, found it for $40, and tried it out for a bit with 3m tape. I liked it, so I went drilling holes (which is the worst feeling in the world...)!

Also, where'd you get the "HNNG" from? I say that shit too, and I'm curious if we got it from the same place...
Haha, I'm not sure? I've been saying it forever, just picked it up on the internet I suppose.

Thats awesome, though. $40 is a steal for that. I want a CF universal similar to that, but at the same time I'm afraid of being ridiculed and belittled for being a moronic ricer (I know I know, I shouldn't care, but I don't want to be a COMPLETE joke) and I'm afraid of regretting it down the line. Financially, though, it would be a LOT easier to do than getting a wing, fabricating it, painting it, installing it, MORE fabrication, MORE painting.... I'm not sure its worth it. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a CF hood + universal spoiler.

But now I'm just thinking out loud. It looks great, man. Cant wait to see more pictures in the future.
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Mine's just fiberglass. I was looking at carbon fiber spoilers, and it seems a little ridiculous to drop $400+ dollars for "Weight reduction" on an Eclipse... As for the ridicule- fuck em. I'll start doing what they want to my car when they start paying for it. I only had one person talk shit- a guy in a Volkswaggen Passat W8 with like 24" wheels or something crazy, and nothing else done, pulled up next to me and had me roll down my window, just so he could say "your shit is gay." He then proceeded to rev at me, and try to race me (obviously I couldn't refuse). I beat him by like 2 cars, and he pulled up next to me. I told him to roll down your window and said "wow... you got beat by a fag..." and he just rolled it up, looked forward, and drove the speed limit away.

Long story short... Big Wang Gang forever.
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #61 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Ahahaha thats awesome man. That's kind of what I'm afraid of though. I'm not comfortable street racing just yet, I only just learned how to drive stick a month ago, and I don't want to crash my eclipse right after I got it. I just love the look and style of it. But like you said, fuck em. I shouldn't care. I guess its kind of the idea of I don't want to LOOK like I have a ton of power when I really don't, ya know? But I suppose thats the definition of Rice

In a way, I just don't want to be disrespectful to those 4G owners that DO have more power than I do, its like being a super skinny guy wearing a T-shirt that says "I'M A BODY BUILDER".

But you make some good points, perhaps I'll join the big wang gang with you...
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:34 AM   #62 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Street racing is retarded, but well, here I am... I bought 4 new tires in November, had to by two new ones on Wednesday.
Old July 18th, 2016, 12:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

I definitely need some new tires... just more things on the list. At any rate, diggin the ride man! I excitedly await more pictures.
Old July 20th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Painted brake calipers this weekend, and completed the throttle body coolant bypass (no pics, it's not that exciting)

Old July 20th, 2016, 12:10 PM   #65 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Hnng I love your ride so much, its really coming together. If COTH was still going on, I'd nominate it. Whats next on the list?
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Moving forward, I have options/ difficult choices to make...

My struts are on the fritz, so I need to address that. I think at the same time, I'm going to put in lowering springs. But, total cost for new struts, lowering springs, and all that shit installed (I would do it myself, but I don't have a lift, let alone all of the tools needed), plus an alignment is making me cringe and want to go a different route. Coilovers are an option, but more than any thing, I'm really wanting bags... I like the idea of being easily adjustable. It snows here, so it'd be nice to get clearance when I need it, and slam it otherwise. So, that's my mental conflict with suspension.

As for performance, I'm also stuck. I'm definitely looking to get a tune here shortly, but after that, I'm not sure which route to go. Part of me wants to just do nitrous and call it good with like a 75 shot. Another part of me wants to sell my soul, buy a supercharger, build the internals, and just ball out. I just can't bring myself to do it though... it's a lot of money into a front wheel drive car, and I still can't decide if it'd be worth the money or the trouble.

And lastly, the easy stuff. I want to get halos, I need to replace my fogs, and I kind of want to do a full dip- camo tan.

$$$$$$$$$$
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

So many mods... so little money. I share in your dilemma. How do you tell when your struts are going? My dream has always been to throw a supercharger into an eclipse but... dat upwards of 6500 price tag...

I think it really comes down to how much you like the eclipse. If its just some nice car that you like but arent crazy about, you could probably invest your money better. It IS a lower end sports compact, but damn is it a cool one.
Old July 20th, 2016, 03:12 PM   #68 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

I love the car, but I also hate it. I think it's one of the best looking cars, but it always leaves me wanting more speed and power... but, I know any car would do that to me.
Old July 20th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I love the car, but I also hate it. I think it's one of the best looking cars, but it always leaves me wanting more speed and power... but, I know any car would do that to me.
Agree 100%,

Its actually sad for me to see new cars being made that are way faster then the 4g. It seems like the average family car is 300hp with little curb weight. The eclipse isnt the fastest car out there, But it sure does look incredible.
Old July 20th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #70 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Someone said it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Granted, I do feel like I have a fast car, but thats just because I came from driving a chevy tracker and a toyota highlander. 0 - 60 eventually. But it does always bug me that these economy cars are being built with wicked high horse power. Even new trucks are being advertised as having something close to 450hp. I think its just a selling point, really. The average american buying an economy car knows absolutely nothing about cars, and hearing "300hp" makes them think its better.

I always try to remind myself that HP isnt everything. Theres multiple factors that play into a cars 0-60 and 1/4 mile. But I'm just preaching to the choir. I think, all things considered, for our monetary budgets and day-to-day lives, we have pretty good cars. Could we have nicer cars? Sure, but we arent rich, at least... I'm not rich. When I was saving up, I kept my options open and looked at a lot of other cars in a similar price range, and honestly the gen4 was the best I could find performance-wise (I came dangerously close to buying a celica but thats a whole other story).

At the end of the day, we have nice looking cars that can hold their own fairly well and arent going to completely bankrupt us to buy a single part for. Look at it this way... at least we arent driving the hand-me-down 99 corolla....
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:44 AM   #71 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

I would say that it's relatively easy to juice a bit more power out of our cars- but 99 times out of 100, we're still losing to a 350z. I just cant let go of the look though.. I've almost traded up to a 370z like twice since I got this car, but I just can't do it... this is my baby!

But beyond that, it snows here, so the FWD is nice...
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

No matter what car you own, theres always going to be a car thats faster... so drive what you love
Old July 21st, 2016, 11:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Well, I love the Jaguar F-Type R, but that's not in the budget. lol
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:08 PM   #74 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Tune coming up!

I just placed an order for my Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable, should be here with in a week! Just gotta PayPal some bucks to hackish, and ya boy will be cruising.
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #75 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Showing my allegiance! The only decal I plan on putting on my car...

Old July 26th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

I was going to get one soon too! Wish they made them for arizona, or the southwest in general. I like the grey, its subtle but still noticeable.
Old July 26th, 2016, 03:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Gunmetal! I like it. I didn't want anything too flashy, but didn't want black where you could hardly see it. I imagine that you could request one made... Or just get the vector file from tearstone and make your own, have them printed locally. What would you want on it? Sand? haha

In other news, I just ordered my reflash!
Old July 26th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #78 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Quote:
Gunmetal! I like it. I didn't want anything too flashy, but didn't want black where you could hardly see it. I imagine that you could request one made... Or just get the vector file from tearstone and make your own, have them printed locally. What would you want on it? Sand? haha

In other news, I just ordered my reflash!
Surprisingly, phoenix is super urban! But most likely I'd just put cacti on it haha. Its not a huge deal, though, and I kinda like the bare club4g logo anyways. Also those eclipse caliper stickers...
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:01 AM   #79 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Hackish tune!

I installed my Hackish reflash last night... It's fucking sick. It literally feels like a new car. Big thank you to Michael for helping me out through the whole process, despite all of my newbish questions and concerns. Really appreciate it!
Old August 29th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #80 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

I'm a bit late to post this, but I put in projectors (bought from RoadRenegade), and did my HID conversion (90% bought from RoadRenegade). Pretty stoked on the finished product!

Slightly off topic: Why do all of my pictures rotate

Tags
axle, axle-back, back, car, custom, eclipse, eclipse gt, exhaust, exterior, interior, mod, muffler, parts, performance, performance parts, pics, picture, pipe, posts, qui, resonator, sound, straight, stuff, top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.