eclipse GT vs Mazda speed 6 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Motorsports (Racing)

Motorsports (Racing) Discuss your most recent competitive automotive efforts here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/GT
logan has a spectacular aura about
eclipse GT vs Mazda speed 6

so my buddy just bought a mazda speed 6 and was pretty happy about it since he owned a BMW Z4 awhile back ago and my car would walk all over it, so with his new mazda he was dead set that his newly found boosted car would take me down, well we did a 40 roll since it was raining out and he has AWD and his car leaped forward a bit and was pulling ahead until i got higher into 3rd and into 4th and jst kept going farther and farther ahead of him, lets jst say he went home and ordered a few things to turn up his boost to 20 LOLS MIVEC RAPE!!!! FTW BITCHES
logan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
BoRiCuAGT will become famous soon enough
Very Nice!! And nicer still that it didn't turned out as one of those "can I beat it?" thread. What are the mods on each car?
BoRiCuAGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

mazda is stock and my eclipse has obx long tube headers and straight pipe all the way and AEM CAI
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

^^ OK, Thanks for the answer!
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

yeah i was quite surprised at the power i get with no cats or anything and jst those big headers all the way through with a intake
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it's a very nasty combination, ready to put some hurt on a wide variety of vehicles.
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deceased Member

1 Highscore

Name: Will
Phantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant future
What part of maryland or you in?
Phantom_4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

as west as you can get near frostburg area ish / not to far from garrett county area lol
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Idk man I race my bros speed6 and im always a few cars ahead till we hit triple digits then he pulls me back....His car is stock but It runs better then most other stock speed6's (probably cause its taken care of)

I drive his car all the time and it pulls better on top end then the GT. Also next time you run the speed6 tell him to pull the E-Brake up One click when racing from a roll..... (It will be FWD at all times)

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

yeah like from 40 to 55 he was ahead but once i hit about 60 to 90 i was ahead and kept gaining very good distance yeah i figured his AWD would screw him in the end lol
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
blue lightning

Name: aj
Vehicle: 2006 mazdaspeed6,2005 rx8
rgv4 is a jewel in the roughrgv4 is a jewel in the rough
Hmmmmm interesting....
Pushing 25psi on e85 Mods: Gtx3071r turbo/Tial EWG/Weisco Pistons/K1 Rods/Cometic head gasket/ARP main & head studs/JBR egr delete/3bar map sensor with pnp harness/Stratified ebc/CXracing fmic/Greddy type rs bpv/SURE 3.25" intake/CPE injector seals/Obx 3" dp/Magnaflow exhaust/KMD hpfp internals/SURE RMM/Whiteline rsb/H&R sport springs/SURE Differential mounts/Autolite plugs/Drag wheels/Cobb AP
rgv4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv4 View Post
Hmmmmm interesting....
Turn traction control off and pull up th ebrake one click and watch the speed6 melt 1st and 2nd and chirp 3rd and 4th :x lol

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
blue lightning

Lol no. I dont think logans friend knows how to drive. Im not being biased. I had a gt with a 100 shit and i still think the speed is quicker
Pushing 25psi on e85 Mods: Gtx3071r turbo/Tial EWG/Weisco Pistons/K1 Rods/Cometic head gasket/ARP main & head studs/JBR egr delete/3bar map sensor with pnp harness/Stratified ebc/CXracing fmic/Greddy type rs bpv/SURE 3.25" intake/CPE injector seals/Obx 3" dp/Magnaflow exhaust/KMD hpfp internals/SURE RMM/Whiteline rsb/H&R sport springs/SURE Differential mounts/Autolite plugs/Drag wheels/Cobb AP
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

na dude he knows how to drive i even got in it and drove it and my friend drove my car and the mazda owner drove my buddys srt4 and it still turned out srt4 1st eclipse 2 and mazda in last
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
blue lightning

Hmmmm idk. Then again im heavily modded after just 4 months
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gkishan View Post
Turn traction control off and pull up th ebrake one click and watch the speed6 melt 1st and 2nd and chirp 3rd and 4th :x lol
haha yeah he was trying for a week to get that thing to spin they get very good grip lol
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

lol yeah his is straight up factory stock 6speed
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
blue lightning

Speed6 stock can hit 13.8. He must have a big problem sumwhere. Either boost leak, problem with the vvt, or timing chain. Those are the 3 problems they usually have.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 0-60 mph 5.7 Quarter mile 14.4

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (V6) 0-60 mph 6.0 Quarter mile 14.3

now we can see the part were we both weigh about the same and the fact that i have modifications done to my car when his car is stock
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
blue lightning

But u guys did a 40 roll not a 1/4 mile. I dont mean to bring u down or sound like a dick btw. Its just hard to believe that you beat him by so much. And i dont mean it like im calling your story a lie, i just mean it like i know something is wrong with ur friends car. The gt is quick, i know it is. But hey, this means your a good driver
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

well its not like we did a really long race only like from 40 - 90 i think by the time it was over i shifted into 5th going into 90 for finish and was about a car ahead
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
blue lightning

Oh ok. Yeah i think your a better driver then. Which is always good haha. I always wanted to compare my speed6 againt my old gt. Man i miss her :/
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

big engines are were its at man, plus when you boost them its even better! i mean if both cars weighed 800 pounds less then they be pushing all kinds of greatness out of them
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
blue lightning

The only crappy thing is that the gt is limited by its ecu....if cobb could of broken it then the eclipse would own. But the ecu will always be a problem. Yeah you can boost it but you cant boost much. I respect those who havent blown their boosted motors. I ran that 100 shot for about 10 bottles, and they were 10 lb bottles too. But i dont regret getting my speed.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

yeah thats kind of a crappy thing but not too bad in general until you either get a car thats good for modifying or something better
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

I believe Logan, here I uploaded two videos of roll-acceleration of a MazdaSpeed 6, both show more or less the same results. The OP didn't post what mods, if any, he/she has on his/her rides, let's assume it's stock. I also uploaded a video of a run that I did with my GT; at the moment I had the TB by-pass, that's it. Everyone knows that that mod doesn't yield any HP gain, but I want to be honest, and that's what my car have. I want you to compare the times from 60 MPH to 100 MPH aprox. ( 7.5 secs. for the GT, 8.18 secs. and 8.38 secs. for the Speed 6) and the times from 100 MPH to 110 MPH, again an aproximation ( 2.7 secs. for the GT, 3.08 secs. and 3.40 secs. for the Speed 6). In my opinion, it shows that the GT pulls harder from a roll.

I also watched other videos of stock MazdaSpeed 6 runs, and they were worse than this. If the Speed 6 Logan raced was stock, I don't see why he would lose.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
blue lightning

I think ill record.a vid tomorrow if i can.
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ oh man thats pretty legit right there dude lol thanks for the videos but na im not taking any offense to it at all cause to be honest all my friends thought i was going to get straight up raped by that mazda cause of the turbo and all the stats and such but then once it went down to the road and we did it while it was raining and had been raining BAD i might add i still came through very surprising and won, now shit if i get that puppy tuned itll be a whole nother story of me tearing down even more cars, but i think this eclipse is better of with jst what it has on it now and getting a faster lighter brother lol if anyone as any suggestions that arent a second gen eclipse lol

im up for suggestions
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
no doubt about that, if its dry ill get my budddy to hold my iphone 4s and do some vids for my while i drive lol pretty much impossible unless i tape the phone to my face lol
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
blue lightning

Helmet cam lmfao. But im tuned stage 2 :/
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

rofl yeah but when he comes back this summer from Florida its gonna be tough race cause he will have a boost controller on it and have it turned up as high as he can without killing it and some other mods like intake and come bigger piping eventually on the piping but he will have that bitch cranked up
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
blue lightning

Zoom zoom and boom. Give him this advice: kmd fuel pump internals, intake, fmic, differential mounts, rear motor mount, racepipe or down pipe, and a cobb access port tuned to stage 2 on 93 octane
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
blue lightning

He will blow up his engine if he does wat u say hes gonna do
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

^^^ rofl im actually telling him this on facebook right now lols
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

you got any pics of your mazda and or like a page or something to it with some dyno numbers facebook or somthing lol my buddy is wondering
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
blue lightning

Lmfao with the cobb ap he will be at 19psi. The stock k04 turbo cant handle more than 18 if its not tuned. I spike to 22psi
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

niiice
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

But if you get the video, it will be proof of what a modded Speed 6 can do, not what a stock one can do. There should be a huge difference. Still, I would like to see the video, because I'm a car enthusiast in general, and an acceleration freak, and I would love to see how fast that nice Speed 6 can go.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

yeah and ill deffently put some up of mine so people can see what it does and what it sounds like with jst headers and AEM CAI intake on her
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
blue lightning

Ill post a vid as soon as i can man. I share ur passion. I feel like racing now. My car is the ultimate sleeper

Tags
back, boosted, car, dead, eclipse, eclipse gt, eclipse gt vs, mivec, speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.