1987 Nissan 200SX (buy or nah) - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Other cars

Other cars Discussion that is non 4th Generation Related

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Oscar
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
slice_n_dice_14 is on a distinguished road
1987 Nissan 200SX (buy or nah)

Hey guys I wanted to see your guys opinion on this 200sx (possibly) for sale. I say that because its on its forum listed in November. Its the only one "near" me and I wanted to know if you guys like it/how much you think I should get it for (he doesn't give a price). It needs a little work and I want to have this as a kind of "project car". And yes I know it only makes 135hp (turbo). I'm still waiting for an account activation email for club-s12.

Here's the description he gave:

Seeing if anyone wants my car become a little much for me. Still trying to fix it but want to see if anyone wants to throw money at me for it.*

around 120,000 kms*
5 speed*
ca18et
rust is not bad considering its Canada*

things wrong(that i know of)*
-needs MAF
-transmission knocks*
-missing valve stem keeper ( just ordered some ill probably be putting it on soon )
- back right wheel well half bondo job.*
- cracked vacuum lines*

PICTURES: Club-S12 - [ON,Canada] 1987 200sx 5 speed
slice_n_dice_14 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Fuck all, that's what I'd give him. You can low ball him down pretty hard considering all those problems. Plus it sounds like he really wants it gone. This is in your favor. I'm not familiar with the Canadian car market, so I can't really say how much you should offer him, but you could definitely get it pretty cheap, a lot cheaper than other s12s. The only thing hes got going for him is the paint seems to be in fairly good condition, but that will only get him so far.

As for the car itself, I think it would be a great project car. It's going to be hard work and probably pretty expensive, but I think it's a sexy lookin car! I love those pre-2000s nissan coupes. I've always wanted a JDM S-13 personally. There was one for sale near me for $7500 in perfect condition and I'm so sad I didn't have the cash to get it.

Last edited by Desert Rat; May 19th, 2017 at 10:04 AM.
Desert Rat is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado

Name: David
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GST
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh will become famous soon enough
I would say no buddy, maybe you should buy a roller but if your set on it then I would say I would only pay at most (and this is being nice to the seller) around $900.....Thats funny because I dropped a lt1 in one of those with issue's of course but wasn't to bad of a swap/project! It's a okay looking machine go for it if you love it!!!!! If I was you and looking for a one...I would buy it =)
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 19th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

I might buy a roller later because right now I'm 17 so my budget is limited and and I know I can get this car for under 1k mostly working + its a car I'd love to own and drive. (There's a Porsche 944 for sale within walking distance of my house but its probably at least 3k lol). thanks for your input guys!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Oh... on a limited budget, I wouldn't then. This thing will be a money pit, especially with the age. They don't make parts anymore so you'll have to find salvage and they're going to cost out the butt. Financially, I wouldn't. Driving with cracked vaccum line and no maf is going to do more harm than good.
Desert Rat is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well I don't mind letting it sit around while I build bank. I already have my eclipse as my DD. The s12 would sit cozily in my dads garage. I'd be replacing the MAF and vacuum lines asap. Im pretty sure with just a little modification, you can use certain s13 parts (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm only on a limited budget in the mean time because I bought my eclipse in February and I don't have a lot to throw on the initial purchase right now. Im pretty sure buying a roller would cost more for car+engine+transmission and I think I'd rather have something working for cheap with only minor issues.

Last edited by slice_n_dice_14; May 19th, 2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
Add says pictures are from when they bought it, how long ago and how long has all these problems been issues is my first question. Whats it look like now, and also those issues will cost a good bit to get sorted id figure atleast 1,000 thats if all else is ok. With those issues it seems like a time bomb, id pass in my opinion unless you really gotta have a project for maybe $500 is all id pay
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
back, bad, buy, canada, car, club, cracked, fix, for sale, money, opinion, price, project, sale, speed, transmission, turbo, valve, wheel, wheel well, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.