AC Pro Super Seal Metal and Rubber A/C Stop Leak Kit - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Marketplace > Part Reviews/Opinions

Part Reviews/Opinions Share your reviews about modifications you've purchased and installed here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2015, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2008 Eclispe GT 6MT
#TampaEclipse is on a distinguished road
AC Pro Super Seal Metal and Rubber A/C Stop Leak Kit

I wanted to post a review of this product. I recently purchased an Eclipse and discovered there was an AC condenser leak. The leak was slow, causing the AC to lose approximately 20PSI in a weeks worth of daily use. I decided to try this product as a way to save me some time before returning to the dealer and awaiting a warrantied repair.

Simply put: this product plugged my leak and has not adversely affected the performance of my air conditioner. My car did not start making weird noises, the air did not start smelling funny; it restored factory performance. I paid $28 for the kit, which included the sealant and a recharge hose. When using this product, it is required that you also have a can of refrigerant, as you will immediately need to add some to flush the system and prevent clogging. I recommend that you should have as much on hand as needed to fully fill your system.

According to the product description, the formula contains a "moisture-activated sealant" that plugs the leak when the coolant becomes exposed to the leak. This is simply a fast-acting foam that quickly hardens when exposed to air. As long as the leaks are small, like from rock debris shooting through the lower airdam (this car does have a lower mesh, but it is not fitted well), this product will simply plug the leak and then continue to flow infinitely through the system. I do not know the durability of the foam, but I did make a mistake when trying to use the product that resulted in external spraying, so I'll have gained an idea when I go to clean it off based on it's difficulty in removal from cleaning.

In order for this product to work, your AC system must have some refrigerant flowing through as the system needs to have enough pressure to seal and vacuum itself. I do not know the threshold for back pressure to prevent this product from clogging the system. When I used the product, I had a reading of 15PSI. If your system does not have any pressure, you will need to add some refrigerant before using the product, but do not fill the system to full pressure. 15PSI worked for me, so that seems to at least be enough.

Another important factor when using the product is the ambient temperature, as if it's too cold or hot outside the sealant will dry too slow or too fast and potentially clog the lines. The recommended range is 70-85 degrees. It was 78 degrees when I used the product. Once it fully hardens, the external temperature won't matter.

I've used the AC for a full week since using this sealant and recharging the system and the pressure in the system is the same now as it was when I added my refrigerant, 35PSI (I underestimated the amount of coolant I would need, I bought one can when I should have gotten two). The AC is blowing nice and cold I'm pretty happy I didn't have to lose half my day dropping my car off and getting a rental.

tl;dr: They wouldn't sell this stuff if it didn't occasionally work. These products are worth considering if you can follow instructions. I followed all of the instructions in this video for a competing product that works the same way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--3J7uROKrM.
#TampaEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Offensive

Name: Will
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Phantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant futurePhantom_4G has a brilliant future
Nice review. I just replaced my condenser today. Glad this fixed your leak and i hope it doesnt give you any problems in the future. I've been having a 4 year battle with my AC. once i replace one part, the other goes out. Ive replaced every component except for lines at this point. hopefully this fixes the problem though.

Follow the official Club4G Instagram at @club4g
Phantom_4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just posting an addendum; the sealant appears to be pretty durable. I had quite a bit of difficulty removing the over-spray from the engine bay. The product required a degreaser, soaking and multiple applications, and I could not completely remove it from the crevices around the power steering fluid reservoir without a toothbrush. Dry rubbing did not create any flaking.

Old April 20th, 2015, 04:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
I'll have to keep this Post in mind, condensers are expensive to change out, $500, and this site has seen many members with damaged condensers do to rock damage.

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2015, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_4G View Post
Nice review. I just replaced my condenser today. Glad this fixed your leak and i hope it doesnt give you any problems in the future. I've been having a 4 year battle with my AC. once i replace one part, the other goes out. Ive replaced every component except for lines at this point. hopefully this fixes the problem though.
I hear you on this one,
- condenser had a leak, replaced it
-Compressor went out, replaced it
-Compressor clutch went out, replaced Compressor again
-then hose started leaking, and just replaced that 2 weeks ago lol
So far so good now (knock on wood)
Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wanted to post a follow up on this since there's a change in condition.

My AC stopped blowing cold and resumed blowing ambient temperature this week. This coincides with a sustained drop in temperature lower than the ambient temperature at install (five straight days going backward from Monday, Feb 1 and ten of the last twelve). I've pretty much been running my system at 75 degrees the entire time however I did turn it off or run the heat at max a few times during the last two weeks. Likely the seal created by the product has simply deteriorated causing the leak in my system to begin hemorrhaging again. I don't know if I want to use another sealant can now or use the cooler weather to find a qualified mechanic to fix the problem permanently. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone in the Tampa Bay area who has had the HVAC system fixed on their cars towards a trusted mechanic.

So in the end, the product kept my car's AC cold throughout the summer but the failure in my system re-introduced itself the first time I stopped using the AC for an extended period of time due to a drop in temperature. $50 got me 10 months of relief, can't say I'm really disappointed.

Last edited by #TampaEclipse; February 3rd, 2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gamer

cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
My AC compressor self destructed a few weeks ago, locked completely up and almost stalled the car lol, more money
Old February 3rd, 2016, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gamer

Yea some where there is a very small pin hole in your system

Tags
a/c, back, car, cleaning, coolant, day, eclipse, factory, fast, fit, flush, kit, lower, performance, plugs, pro, removal, review, sell, super, system, temperature, video, work, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.