P0421 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
P0421

What the code means, technically:
Quote:
Code Description: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
From OBD-Codes.com

What does that mean?
Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 1 is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system.
Symptoms
You will likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms. The code may be more likely to occur after the engine has had numerous cold starts in the past 1-2 days.
Causes
A code P0421 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly
  • An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly
  • A sparkplug is fouled up
Possible Solutions
The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.

Next step is to measure the voltage at the oxygen sensor on Bank 1 (the rear sensor, or the sensor after the converter). The voltage should be low and steady (~200mV, depends on the vehicle). If the voltage varies (e.g. 100mV to 600mV) then it's time to replace the catalytic converter. In fact, it would be a good idea to test each oxygen O2 sensor while you're at it.

One thing to note is that many vehicle manufacturers offer a longer warranty on emissions-related parts. So if you have a newer car but it's out of it's bumper-to-bumper warranty, there still may be warranty on this type of problem. Many manufacturers give a five year, unlimited mileage warranty on these items. It's worth checking into.
What it probably is for your 4G, if you've had the car for +/- one year (2006 year model):
A recall was announced for specific 4Gs (up to: manufacture date unknown) that throw this code due to cold temp starts and operation. The ECU for vehicles that rolled out prior to the recall is extremely sensitive to the variance in voltage returned by the O2 sensors and the sensor heater wire.
The fix:
ECU reflash, covered under warranty.
Possible extensive damage:
As stated above, ignoring this code might cause perma-damage to the 1,1 cat. If the ECU reflash was performed, and the SES light comes on again soonafter (usually within the next week - about 1 to 5 cold starts), then a replacement cat is to be ordered, also covered under warranty.
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 06GT, 09GT, 01GT-T, 14MR
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
By the way, I did forget to mention that though the OBD-Codes writeup says that there's no effect on performance, MIVEC doesn't engage as quickly, making the car feel a little more sluggish on the pickup, and suck up a little more gas. Plus you don't get to grin as much when the woad-headed Tibby driver thinks his itty-bitty Hunny is a close pit against your 4G - you know you like the feeling of getting pinned to your seat at 2500RPM thanks to that wonderful pair of secondary lobes.
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse gs
06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute06ecilp_gs has a reputation beyond repute
*edit* nvm, I was asking about the wrong model...

"Why sooo serious?"

Last edited by 06ecilp_gs; July 14th, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
06ecilp_gs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2007/GT/MT
sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
I'm getting this code now. Does anyone have a link to this recall information? I only see 3 recalls for the 2007 gt and none of them are this one.

Thanks,
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
sample07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Cleo
Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt-p
dream_come_true is a jewel in the roughdream_come_true is a jewel in the rough
iv had this code since iv had the car and mitsu kept sending me away and away saying it was my fault due to peformance parts lmfao the codes are p0431 two times and p0421 two times on the obd2 reader. at first it was every 600km and then 300km and now after erasing them im lucky to go 60km with out it coming back on and mitsu kept sending me away with out replacing them and im way over the km warranty now. they want $1000 for each converter. what should i do ?
dream_come_true is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
get a set of headers

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Theta II

DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
or go in there and show them the recall

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
I'd be all like 4g! Waat?

6 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 12

Name: Randy
Vehicle: 5.3
randman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant futurerandman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_come_true View Post
iv had this code since iv had the car and mitsu kept sending me away and away saying it was my fault due to peformance parts lmfao the codes are p0431 two times and p0421 two times on the obd2 reader. at first it was every 600km and then 300km and now after erasing them im lucky to go 60km with out it coming back on and mitsu kept sending me away with out replacing them and im way over the km warranty now. they want $1000 for each converter. what should i do ?
It's a techincal service bulletin TSB if the cats fail they HAVE to replace them up to 80,000 miles BY LAW in ANY state
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Cleo
Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt-p
dream_come_true is a jewel in the roughdream_come_true is a jewel in the rough
thanks peps for the feed back. i want to get them out of there and have straight through pipes, whats the cheepest way ? and im at 138,000 km i dont know what that is in miles lol they said upto 130,000km they would cover it but they kept giving me the run around and i passed that mark.

Last edited by dream_come_true; November 25th, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
dream_come_true is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2008 black eclipse MR
TemplarRadix08GT will become famous soon enough
I've been getting this code too. The code comes on and lasts like 2-3 days then automaticly shuts off. Haven't had time to go and take it to the scumlord dealership, in which will most likely tell me it's my mods prematurely adding more exhaust causing the clog. But it this goes away on it's own, does that mean perhaps it's more towards the sensor and btw which side is bank 1, front or rear? And not to derail the thread, also have my ac light blink and not throw cold air? I do have a leak in my condensor, but even b4 the charge it never blinked blue and green...
TemplarRadix08GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
CivicKiller is on a distinguished road
The problem is theres 3 possibilities of what could be wrong, the cats, the o2 sensor or maybe a spark plug. What they said is they got to run a diagnostic but if it comes back the cats then its covered, but if its not the cats then im stuck with the 110 for the diagnostic. I took my car back because I wasn't a 100% sure it was the cats, I guess I'm going to check the other options to make sure its the cats before i have them run it. But i was thinking about doing RRE headers and an exhaust anyways so idk yet.
CivicKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
hey guys,
i installed an Ingall Stiffy yesterday... while i did f*** up 2 bolts, the thing that worries me is that right after the install i went for a test drive, let the car warm up, and then did a few hard take-offs to see the difference... all good... an hour later, the GF and I go for a ride, and i start noticing a tac-tac-tac kind of noise from the engine... seems to be on and off randomly... i stopped, checked the Stiffy and everything that i could have messed up around it, all looks good... shortly after, my SES light comes on, checked it this morning, P0421 (Bank 1).
the noise seems to be coming from the left-rear of the engine while looking at the engine bay... i'm lost as to what the link is between the Stiffy and P0421, if any? or just random bad luck?
any idea? it's an 08 GT, engine #2...

Pat
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06/Eclipse/GT
HypNotiQ has a spectacular aura about
ok.. i just got this code.. got a free check engine light scan from auto zone.. and they said the code pops up twice. anyone figure out what their problem was?? i have the aeon header back exhaust which takes out the main cat.

Edit: also should say that ive had the exhaust on for over a year and a half and this is the first time i got the SES light.. funny too cause i had just gotten an inspection done about a week before the light popped up.
HypNotiQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Theta II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
hey guys,
i installed an Ingall Stiffy yesterday... while i did f*** up 2 bolts, the thing that worries me is that right after the install i went for a test drive, let the car warm up, and then did a few hard take-offs to see the difference... all good... an hour later, the GF and I go for a ride, and i start noticing a tac-tac-tac kind of noise from the engine... seems to be on and off randomly... i stopped, checked the Stiffy and everything that i could have messed up around it, all looks good... shortly after, my SES light comes on, checked it this morning, P0421 (Bank 1).
the noise seems to be coming from the left-rear of the engine while looking at the engine bay... i'm lost as to what the link is between the Stiffy and P0421, if any? or just random bad luck?
any idea? it's an 08 GT, engine #2...

Pat
I don't see how installing a stiffy could foul a plug, break an 02, or a Cat since I am assuming you don't even have those two precats anymore?

Old October 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

not sure if any of you guys have read this.. tried it or whatever.. not sure if it would even work..

HOW TO: Fix SES Error Code P0421 for about $5 bucks - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
I don't see how installing a stiffy could foul a plug, break an 02, or a Cat since I am assuming you don't even have those two precats anymore?
I still have my stock headers, i guess they're just going bad, or maybe just the sensor... I dont think the stiffy had anything to do with it though. Just a bad coincidence!
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

ok.. so i brought it in to my mechanic.. and they dont really know what the deal is other than its throwing that code.. so they THINK its something with the cat.. they called the dealer and gave them my vin and said that if its the cat a cat replacement SHOULD be covered.. then a pcu reflash or something.. but that wont be covered.. and then whatever for labor..

i for some reason just cant believe its my cat right now.. its an 06.. i dont over-rev frequently.. i do have the aeon header back exhaust that takes the main cat out tho.. but i dont wanna have to take the time to put my car back to stock before bringing it back there unless i know its def what i need to do.. has anyone with a fujita CAI put their stock box back in?? is it a bitch?? :/
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypNotiQ View Post
not sure if any of you guys have read this.. tried it or whatever.. not sure if it would even work..

HOW TO: Fix SES Error Code P0421 for about $5 bucks - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
thats what i did and im code free still. it worked for me and you would need 2 packs. so total for me was 12 bucks but still. better than 40 for RRE spacers

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

how long ago did you do it? and does he code just go away afterwards? or you have to clear it first?
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Theta II

Quote:
ok.. so i brought it in to my mechanic.. and they dont really know what the deal is other than its throwing that code.. so they THINK its something with the cat.. they called the dealer and gave them my vin and said that if its the cat a cat replacement SHOULD be covered.. then a pcu reflash or something.. but that wont be covered.. and then whatever for labor..

i for some reason just cant believe its my cat right now.. its an 06.. i dont over-rev frequently.. i do have the aeon header back exhaust that takes the main cat out tho.. but i dont wanna have to take the time to put my car back to stock before bringing it back there unless i know its def what i need to do.. has anyone with a fujita CAI put their stock box back in?? is it a bitch?? :/
There was a recall for a reflash for the 06 so Idk why they said it would cost you? However if you don't have any cats than your cat can't be broken. Spacer's will most likely fix it if that's the case

Old October 26th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSidEclipse View Post
There was a recall for a reflash for the 06 so Idk why they said it would cost you? However if you don't have any cats than your cat can't be broken. Spacer's will most likely fix it if that's the case
well its just the main cat taken out cause of the header back exhaust.. could it be the precats? i dont know.. im kinda noob when it comes to this shit :/
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Theta II

yes, or the 02, or the spark plug I would start by changing the plugs

Old October 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
how long ago did you do it? and does he code just go away afterwards? or you have to clear it first?
a couple weeks ago. a little over a month actually and no i had to un hook the battery but once i plugged it back up it was fine and no more since

Quote:
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

hmm. i guess its worth a try to do that first before having to change all my shit back to stock and bringing it into the dealer..
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

buy some sealant as well. Dark reccomends copper gasket. it works wonders but those are notorious for leaks and throwing codes cause of it.

Quote:
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
06gsgta is on a distinguished road
hey I just got my car scanned at work and it came up saying "warm-up-three-way-catalystic-bank 2" I was just wondering if this is the same thing or if someone could tell me what this means? I wasn't able to get the actual code so i cant compare it to the ones previously stated.
06gsgta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Name: Daniel
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
fasolxpl is on a distinguished road
i was getting this code right after i installed my catback exhaust.. i bought 3" ebay exhaust and kept the HKS axle back on.. after 500 miles my check engine went on.. now i know my gasket on my flex pipe and mid pipe connection was leaking which caused the SES light to go on..i would never guessed but my AEM Wideband started to read wierd so i started to do some research and found the problem.. i fixed it with some double gasket and never had a problem after.. for those guys out there with the same exhaust check your gaskets for leaks.
fasolxpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

interesting.. thanks for the heads up man.. i think i have the same exhaust.. but i may have gotten it earlier.. aeon header back exhaust from ebay.
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

yeah i think its all the same. mine was called N1 Exhaust.. just buy 2 gaskets and put them together
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

how much are the gaskets?
Old October 28th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

2.99 at auto zone.. my exhaust is 3" but the gasket is 2.5"
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #32 (permalink)

brought it to my dad's mechanic.. told him the whole deal.. even asked him to check the spark plugs, o2 sensor and for an exhaust leak as they can be possible causes for the code.. the guy calls me just 5 mins ago and says to bring it back to mitsu cause its a catalytic converter problem.. and i said do you know that for sure? or just saying that cause the code is telling you that? and he said the code. I asked if he checked those 3 things for me (i would do it myself but im kinda noob with that and really busy on the weekends) and he tells me. "no, they wouldnt have anything to do with that code" what a fucking waste of time... stupid ass mechanics.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #33 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
BrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud ofBrianJ has much to be proud of
Dude, chill...there was a recall for that code on the 06 cars. Just take it to the dealer and let them handle it. The problem is that the ECU dumps WAY too much fuel and over time it ruins the pre-cats in the headers. That's what that code is for. Don't be surprised if you get another one for the other bank not too long after you get this one fixed.
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2007/GT/MT
sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
I took my car in for this recall on the rear manifold and they just "checked it" which was bs and they deemed it ok. I was not throwing a code at this time. Still best to take it to the dealer and let them do the warranty work first.
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
sample07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

yea. the only problem with that is that i gotta find the time to change my exhaust and CAI back to stock before bringing it back in right? not sure when i'll have the time to do that now.. id rather know for sure it wasnt something else like the spark plugs, O2 or exhaust leak.. before going thru all that trouble
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #36 (permalink)

ok so i just called the dealer.. gave them my vin# and they looked it up and my car doesnt have a recall for anything.. would this mean its a greater chance that its something smaller like a spark plug.. O2 sensor or exhaust leak??
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #37 (permalink)

ok so i just called the dealer.. gave them my vin# and they looked it up and my car doesnt have any recalls for anything.. would this mean its a greater chance that its something smaller like a spark plug.. O2 sensor or exhaust leak??
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #38 (permalink)

its prolly the exhaust leak since i had the same thing happen to me... just look under the car where your piping connects for any black marks on the pipe
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #39 (permalink)

weird.. the SES light goes off after a while.. then like a week or two later.. it comes back on.. then goes off again after a week..
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #40 (permalink)

mine only goes on when its cold out lol

Injen CAI, Custom 3" HKS Exhaust, BC Racing Coilovers, Drilled & Slotted Rotors W/Hawk Pads, Stiffy, Short Shifter W/O Reverse Lockout, TB Bypass, Outlaw Spacers, Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, Eyelids, 6000K Low&High Beams, 19's ADR's, Custom Halo Rings, Flat Black Front & Rear Bumper

Tags
2006, back, bumper, car, catalytic, code, cold, converter, dent, ecu, engine, fix, good, light, list, o2 sensor, offer, parts, problems, rear, reflash, sensors, system, warranty, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.