Blowing hot air - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 GS
AED55 is on a distinguished road
Blowing hot air

There are times when the weather is a little too cool for A/C, and I just want some cool outside air to flow from the upper vents. When I turn the temp knob to the cool side and set the other control to blow from the upper vents, I get warm air, no matter what the outside temp is. I've even tried running the A/C for a while to cool the ducting down, but when I turn the A/C off, in a few minutes I get warm air from the vents again. Just wondered if this might be something simple to fix, or should I bite the bullet and take it to the stealership.
AED55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lathe Master

Vehicle: 05 Lancer Evolution
Ricoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant future
All of these cars do that. Call it a design flaw. A real annoying one too.
Progress Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI, Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, Aero Turbine 2540I Muffler, Ripp Long Tube Headers (SES Free), Dynomax High Flow Cat, Thrush Stainless Resonator, Ripp Poly Motor Mounts, Glowshift Gauge Pod and Gauges, GTech SS, Custom Glass Radiator Hose, TWM GS Short Shifter w/ custom reverse lockout, TB Bypass, Red Neon Decklid
Ricoswave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Sean
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse spyder gs
sk13322 has a spectacular aura about
yeah its heat from the motor
VIS carbon fiber hood, hood pins, DRL MOD, fujita CAI, 3A racing muffler, Factory wing, Rockford upgraded door speakers, GPS, slottled and crossed drilled zinc roters with cermaic pads, RRE UDP, Oil cap.
sk13322 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
mild fanatic

Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
rex696 is on a distinguished road
try pushing the recirc button and see if that helps you any. ive found it helps with the hot air that naturally comes through even when the blower is off
rex696 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex696 View Post
try pushing the recirc button and see if that helps you any. ive found it helps with the hot air that naturally comes through even when the blower is off
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try. I also noticed that the A/C doesn't seem to be as cold as it should be. Makes sense since it's having to compete with the warm air that's always circulating in the ducting.
Seems like something like this should be a no brainer for an auto engineer. Let's see, we'll run the A/C ducts close to a hot engine, that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they hired the guy from Toyota.
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
jvu
Cocknozzle

Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GT-P
jvu is just really nicejvu is just really nicejvu is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AED55 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try. I also noticed that the A/C doesn't seem to be as cold as it should be. Makes sense since it's having to compete with the warm air that's always circulating in the ducting.
Seems like something like this should be a no brainer for an auto engineer. Let's see, we'll run the A/C ducts close to a hot engine, that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they hired the guy from Toyota.
if yoru ac isn't cooling up as quick, maybe its not charged. pick up a can and charge it up.
jvu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvu View Post
if yoru ac isn't cooling up as quick, maybe its not charged. pick up a can and charge it up.
I think the A/C is working OK because if I turn it on when the engine is cold, it blows plenty of cold air, and then gradually gets warmer, as the engine warms up.

Does anyone know if there was a TSB issued for this problem?

Last edited by AED55; April 16th, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
got a quote

Name: RJ
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
RJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to beholdRJ88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AED55 View Post
There are times when the weather is a little too cool for A/C, and I just want some cool outside air to flow from the upper vents. When I turn the temp knob to the cool side and set the other control to blow from the upper vents, I get warm air, no matter what the outside temp is. I've even tried running the A/C for a while to cool the ducting down, but when I turn the A/C off, in a few minutes I get warm air from the vents again. Just wondered if this might be something simple to fix, or should I bite the bullet and take it to the stealership.
turn it all the way to max a/c. in my car, it wasnt hot anymore.

Nexus S 4G and Evo 4G for trade
RJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/c, air, bullet, fix, vents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.