2006 Eclipse A/C - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gs
kam009 is on a distinguished road
2006 Eclipse A/C

I have a 2006 Eclipse GS

the problem is.. my A/C.

When i put it on 1 speed.. i can click the a/c button on and off and it does turn green and the fans behind the radiator does spin but my first speed doesn't blow at all.. either cold or hot so i don't know whats wrong with that..

When i put it on 2, 3 and 4.. The a/c button is blue.. and stays blue even with i click it, and the fan behind the radiator stay off.

Help me guys!

I will give more info if you need.
kam009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Kirsten
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Mitzgirl06 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like your air compressor or a relay switch. I know I had major problems with the A/C system on my 06 GT. Took the dealership a long time to find a crack in my compressor. Mine lost charge, and would blow hot air while flashing the A/C light. My problem was slightly different, but it really sounds like either a relay switch isn't telling your fans to turn on or your compressor isn't working right.
Mitzgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

joen270 is on a distinguished road
I have the exact same problem. On top of the a/c, sometimes the fan does not work on the panel when on "1"
joen270 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: eclispe 2006 gs
bemax is on a distinguished road
hi 1 DO YOU FIND WHAT IS PROBLEM WITCH YOU A/C SWITCH I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
THANK YOU
bemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
I believe it's a resistor behind the AC Panel that needs to be changed by the dealership.

There is a TSB for this type problem on the 2006, and some 2007 models.
2007 Eclipse GT=Sunset=Auto--20% Tint=Injen CAI=RIPP Long Tube Headers (Jet-Hot Coated)=RIPP High Flow Cat=RIPP BRAT Box=Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust=Energy Motor Mounts=Ingalls Stiffy=Megan Coilover Suspension=Progress Rear Sway Bar=SP Performance Diamond Cut & Slotted Rotors=EBC Yellow Stuff Kevlar Pads=Diamond Lower Grill=Konig Illusion Wheels=BF Goodrich G-Force Super Sport Tires
Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

joen270 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovisman View Post
I believe it's a resistor behind the AC Panel that needs to be changed by the dealership.

There is a TSB for this type problem on the 2006, and some 2007 models.
does this mean it would be covered as if it were a factory recall?
joen270 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joen270 View Post
does this mean it would be covered as if it were a factory recall?
Yes, this would be covered under warranty. A "Recall" pertains to saftey/personal injury, a "TSB" is a no risk to life defective part that needs to be replaced or fixed.
2007 Eclipse GT=Sunset=Auto--20% Tint=Injen CAI=RIPP Long Tube Headers (Jet-Hot Coated)=RIPP High Flow Cat=RIPP BRAT Box=Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust=Energy Motor Mounts=Ingalls Stiffy=Megan Coilover Suspension=Progress Rear Sway Bar=SP Performance Diamond Cut & Slotted Rotors=EBC Yellow Stuff Kevlar Pads=Diamond Lower Grill=Konig Illusion Wheels=BF Goodrich G-Force Super Sport Tires
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06 eclipse
gixxerboy is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have exact details of what needs to be done?? I called the dealership and the service guy said he has never heard of such a problem. I thought I could just replace the ac/heat controls in the dash but that didnt work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance
gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008 GT-V6 6-speed
ron-p is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm having a similar issue with my '08 GT.

I took it in 3 weeks ago as the AC light in the switch was flashing and it was blowing warm. They checked things out, charged the compressor and off I went.

Still doing the same I took it back a week ago. They replaced something in the engine compartment, several days later, it's stops working.

Back again today, they now said they fixed a loose wire behind the control panel. Well, as my wife drove it around the AC was flashing on/off and it was blowing warm.

So, it goes back AGAIN, for the 4th time in 3 weeks tomorrow.

I am pissed, and the dealer knows it now. Pulled the lemon law card, calling their corporate and filing a claim and so on. This is f'ing ridiculous. Seems they've got very incompetent mechanics working in their shop and I've had enough. I told him I don't want the car back until it is fixed!

If I drive it off the lot one more time and it's not working properly it's going beyond the dealership. I won't be dealing with them again on the issue.
ron-p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Quebec Light Source

Name: Olivier
Vehicle: Lancer ES/AWC 2012
zedawg has a spectacular aura about
i have the same problem as kam009
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Kirsten
Mitzgirl06 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-p View Post
Well, I'm having a similar issue with my '08 GT.

I took it in 3 weeks ago as the AC light in the switch was flashing and it was blowing warm. They checked things out, charged the compressor and off I went.

Still doing the same I took it back a week ago. They replaced something in the engine compartment, several days later, it's stops working.

Back again today, they now said they fixed a loose wire behind the control panel. Well, as my wife drove it around the AC was flashing on/off and it was blowing warm.

So, it goes back AGAIN, for the 4th time in 3 weeks tomorrow.

I am pissed, and the dealer knows it now. Pulled the lemon law card, calling their corporate and filing a claim and so on. This is f'ing ridiculous. Seems they've got very incompetent mechanics working in their shop and I've had enough. I told him I don't want the car back until it is fixed!

If I drive it off the lot one more time and it's not working properly it's going beyond the dealership. I won't be dealing with them again on the issue.
I feel your pain. I went through the same thing. I don't trust anyone in the mitsubishi service department anymore.. It took them 5 or 6 visits and almost replacing my entire A/C system before they fixed the problem. Luckily it was under warranty, but then everytime I took the car there they fucked something else up. I got fed up after they left parts of my car and claimed that they never existed. Fuckheads. The parts department didn't know that the part existed and suggested I have a mechanic look at the car because "they went to school to be a mitsubishi mechanic". I was sure to let her know that they went to school to "be fucking idiots and fuck up my car every single time." and that in "no way was I letting them touch my car again." Haven't been back since.

Your experience (problem included) sounds exactly like mine. They replaced the air compressor and the air condenser and then recharged. That solved the problem. You might suggest checking those parts to them. They likely don't know what they are though... Good luck though!!! I understand how frustrating they can be.
Upgrades So Far: Progress Rear Sway, Tein SS Coilovers w/EDFC control, Injen CAI, Custom Interior Painting, Ralliart Eyelids, Debadged, DDM 55w 6000k HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors w/Ceramic Pads, AVIC-X940BT and Many more to come...
Mitzgirl06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

ok, so i fixed the problem. it was a $36 a/c blower resistor that i got from Mitsu. it took me maybe an hour to fix it only because two of screws were a pain in the butt to remove. here is the link i found on here that helped me so I cant take all the credit
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

heres the link......VERY HELPFUL

Blower resistor?
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Quebec Light Source

i changed the resistor too...now it works!!! i paid the resistor 26$(our local club have 10% off in all around mitsu dealers)...that was kinda shitty to remove that thing so be ready to scratch your arms while doing this

Old May 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry I wasn't to helpful on this one as I didn't know where that resistor was located, but thanks to Dookeman, we now where it located and the fix for the blower motor problem. I'm glad to see you other guys got your AC problem fixed as well.

However, if you AC light if flashing, you are low on freon and require a charge. For what ever reason, our AC is prone to small leaks, i.e. our AC seems to lose its charge over a couple years. Normally the leak can be found on the suction or main supply hose for a slow leak, or the condenser if it's a fast leak, which is normally cause by rock damage to the condenser. Hence why buying a lower grill insert is highly advisable because to replace the condenser it cost $500, and it is not covered under warranty. A lower grill can be purchased from $45 to about $135, depending which grill you buy.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovisman View Post
A lower grill can be purchased from $45 to about $135, depending which grill you buy.
Do you know where I can buy one? The dealer was not help when I inquired about it.
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you know where I can buy one? The dealer was not help when I inquired about it.

I believe this is the part you need, but call these folks up and explain to them that it is the sensor/resistor located by the blower motor, or better yet, PM Dookeman, he just replaced his so hopefully he has the part number. Here also is the link to his fix.

Blower resistor?

http://www.partswebsite.com/courtesy...n=9&type=parts

Last edited by Clovisman; May 9th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Quebec Light Source

hes talking about the grills...all dealers have that resistor in stock and they all know what it is because its a factory default
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2012 Mustang V6 w/PP
j2eclipse is on a distinguished road
I was just coming to post looking for a fix to this problem. Mines the same as OP and zedawg, AC light on at 1, nothing at 2,3,4. Going to get the resistor tomorrow I guess!
j2eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Quebec Light Source

at least we are lucky to have that trouble after 5 years because one of my friend got that resistor trouble after 2 years and again 2 years later...but at least the 1rst time it passed on guarantee
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Well my A/C doesn't work either

-The a/c light operates
-Compressor doesn't turn on
-Switched with a known good relay
-Resistance on the ambient air temp is in spec
-Havent checked the pressure switch
-I jumped the compressor to make sure it works and it does.

Before my A/C went out the light was flashing a few times and compressor would turn on and off like crazy.

Now I'm thinking it's the A/C control unit because I hooked up a snap on scan tool and even when I turn the A/C switch on from blue to green, on the scan tool it would show as off.

So today I will jump the relay and check the junction box under the dash to try and eliminate the probable cause.

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.

Last edited by b1gkishan; May 11th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

Well, mine is still at the dealer, they've had her since Friday afternoon and I'm waiting for a call back, but so far no luck in finding the problem. Not sure how long this is going to take.

I might have to look into this "lemon law" and see what the requirements are for filing a claim. After all, this is the 4th time in the shop for the A/C.

...and yes, zedawg is correct, I was referring to getting a lower grille for my '08.
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

1 Highscore

Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Well, mine is still at the dealer, they've had her since Friday afternoon and I'm waiting for a call back, but so far no luck in finding the problem. Not sure how long this is going to take.

I might have to look into this "lemon law" and see what the requirements are for filing a claim. After all, this is the 4th time in the shop for the A/C.

...and yes, zedawg is correct, I was referring to getting a lower grille for my '08.
Probably got a lazy tech working on it....try a different Mitsubishi dealer.

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #24 (permalink)

I will say this, I won't be going back to this dealer again, and it's where I bought the car from. I have another dealer about the same distance away so I'll be going there from now on.

Upon removing my center control panel they damaged the air recirc. button so now they have to replace that. Such a joke.

I had a Mirage many, many years ago. It had it's fair share of problems and so I went Toyota for a long time. I would have thought by now Mits would have gotten better with their cars, so far I am being proven wrong.

Last edited by ron-p; May 12th, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006/gs/sun&sound
Y2K_MASTER is on a distinguished road
The fix in my thread works. Like others have said, theres some screws that are a pain in the butt to get out.
Y2K_MASTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #26 (permalink)

The fan works fine on all settings, 1-4. It's the actaul AC that shuts down on me after a couple minutes of running it and the AC light blinks on and off.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #27 (permalink)

As an update. Got her back from the dealer on Saturday. Been running the AC pretty much non-stop. So far, so good. They replaced 2 or the 5 AC sensors. If it happens again they go after more of the sensors. Lastly, they replace the computer if replacing all the sensors does not fix the issue.

Anyone found out where I can buy a lower grille?
Old May 18th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
^^ i just pm'd you, i have one
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
The fan works fine on all settings, 1-4. It's the actaul AC that shuts down on me after a couple minutes of running it and the AC light blinks on and off.
Of course there could be something else wrong with your AC, but a blinking AC light normally indicates simple that the AC is low freon. Hope this was covered under warranty!!
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

Oh yes, I still have 2 years and 20k miles on my bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Tags
06 eclipse, 2006, a/c, blue, button, cold, eclipse, problem, radiator, speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.