That flappy thing that broke - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Spyder Specific

Spyder Specific Discussion for those Eclipses that go topless.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2015, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: brad
Vehicle: 2007 spyder gt
poptones is on a distinguished road
That flappy thing that broke

Does anyone know what this is called and how to replace it? Mine came loose one time and I thought it was back correctly but it didn't even last until I made it home. It's just bugging me. I'm trying to decide if it's bugging me like a hundred bucks, or bugging me like 500. I don't even know what to look for. The manual I downloaded from here apparently doesn't include any spyder gear.

Yes, it's mad dusty. Guess I should replace my pollen filter LMAO.
poptones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2015, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
Your correct, the only thing that's not in our manual it spyder specific parts. I believe this is a manual type item that is controlled by a cable, so... Wish I could be more helpful.

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 25th, 2015, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Archer
Vehicle: 2011 Eclipse Spyder GT-P
Archer74 will become famous soon enough
I know what that piece is but unfortunately it is really hard to find. I've found one before but it seems he's out of stock. If its not broken too bad its possible to repair it. do you still have the cover and spring? i "fixed" mine with zip ties and a spring i made from piano wire. part # 7230A733HA for the left side part and 7230A734HA right side.

edit: found it on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-MITS...964511&vxp=mtr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-07-26 20.13.22.jpg (36.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Archer74; August 25th, 2015 at 01:57 AM.
Archer74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 25th, 2015, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: brad
Vehicle: 2007 spyder gt
poptones is on a distinguished road
LMAO they call it a flapper too.

Thanks archer that really helps. Unfortunately, I thought I had mine fixed after mucking with it a bit so I drove home. It didn't make it. Perhaps it's down inside the car, but it's still broken. Through google I just found this

Tonneau Part

It looks like, if I continue to love this car as much as I do now I need to buy a pair, because I suspect this is common and those parts won't be made forever.
poptones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2015, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Bill
Vehicle: 2007 Spyder GT
driverca is on a distinguished road
Mine came off on the passenger side...luckily I found the "flapper" down in the well, but the spring was gone. I was able to make one from a throttle return spring and snapped it back in.

It's takes a pretty hard whack every time you lower the top...it's that last "clack snap" when the tonneau slams the flap down, then shoves the whole assembly down...

Hope you can get it fixed...the dealership will only sell the whole panel...
driverca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

aka-joe is on a distinguished road
I am missing mine to

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
aka-joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2017, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Head Honcho.

Name: Dee Alausa
Vehicle: Mitsubushi Eclipse Spyder
Dnacez is on a distinguished road
Hello, I saw your input on a post here.

You said that you were able to put your flapper back in using a spring and a zip tie. Please can you can explain to me how you did it? I would really appreciate it. Spring is just around the corner and the dealership wants to charge me $350 for installation.
Dnacez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2017, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Head Honcho.

Name: Dee Alausa
Vehicle: Mitsubushi Eclipse Spyder
Dnacez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverca View Post
Mine came off on the passenger side...luckily I found the "flapper" down in the well, but the spring was gone. I was able to make one from a throttle return spring and snapped it back in.

It's takes a pretty hard whack every time you lower the top...it's that last "clack snap" when the tonneau slams the flap down, then shoves the whole assembly down...

Hope you can get it fixed...the dealership will only sell the whole panel...

Hello, I saw your input on a post here.

You said that you were able to put your flapper back in using a spring and a zip tie. Please can you can explain to me how you did it? I would really appreciate it. Spring is just around the corner and the dealership wants to charge me $350 for installation.
Dnacez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2017, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Ken
Vehicle: 2008 spyder GT
KBS48 is on a distinguished road
They are still available from the dealer at 75 bucks each I just replaced mine and cringe every time that cover comes down waiting for it to break again.
KBS48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2017, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

aka-joe is on a distinguished road
I got mine on eBay for $58 .
aka-joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
back, board, broke, club, club4g, filter, gear, how to, manual, picture, pop, replace, spyder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.