Latest FastWorks Reflash R&D - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
Latest FastWorks Reflash R&D

Not really sure how to post a video here but I thought I'd put up a link to a video that shows some of the latest R&D coming down the line for FastWorks users. As usual, when they are released these will be available as a free upgrade to FastWorks users.

https://youtu.be/OMPWBVLGL1M

That's right, live tuning.

It's something I've been talking about and designing for quite some time. This video is a proof of concept that shows not only that it's possible, but that it's working.

Live tuning is a feature I've added so you can make adjustments to your tune as the car is driven. This opens the door to an array of other options including auto-adjustments of your fuel trims! When you're done you simply flash your changes into the ECU.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited by hackish; August 18th, 2016 at 07:59 PM.
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2016, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Can't see the video (I'm thinking it has to do with your FB privacy settings), but it sounds awesome! Looking forward to it!
Old August 18th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: James
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
Also can't see the video. But pretty excited for the update

Old August 18th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
I'll have to stick it up on youtube and update the post when I get it working. Facebook isn't being cooperative.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old August 18th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
I look forward to coming to you for my tune when the time comes. Great work, Michael
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

There is actually a whole slew of new features that I'm almost ready to release but they all require the 1.00 version of fastworks and it still needs a bunch of time before it's ready to go. I'll probably need a few people to test drive them as I'm only able to test so much stuff on the bench.

-Michael

Old August 18th, 2016, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackish View Post
There is actually a whole slew of new features that I'm almost ready to release but they all require the 1.00 version of fastworks and it still needs a bunch of time before it's ready to go. I'll probably need a few people to test drive them as I'm only able to test so much stuff on the bench.

-Michael
I'd be happy to help as I've said! You added me to the Dropbox group, but I wasn't too sure what to do next...
Old August 18th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:

-Michael
I trust you enough to volunteer
Old August 18th, 2016, 10:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Once I'm reasonably happy with the stability of the new version I'll build an installer for it. The dropbox share has a .exe file in it but it crashes frequently and the ELM327 support is really flaky.

-Michael

Old August 19th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Sorta on topic--Is there any actual problem that is caused by Fastworks crashing or the computer being shut down while connected to the ECU, but not actually writing? I've noticed it can be hard to get it to re connect after a laptop goes into sleep mode, not sure what's going on in the back end
Old August 19th, 2016, 01:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Sorta on topic--Is there any actual problem that is caused by Fastworks crashing or the computer being shut down while connected to the ECU, but not actually writing? I've noticed it can be hard to get it to re connect after a laptop goes into sleep mode, not sure what's going on in the back end
When mine goes to sleep the USB driver shuts and and forgets what it was doing. The latest version is far more stable in this respect so you can simply disconnect and reconnect. With the older version you may have to unplug the USB and replug it.

-Michael

Old August 19th, 2016, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Subbed - thanks for helping to keep the 4G community alive with these updates Michael!

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

This one here is hardly a secret, it's just that there wasn't a lot of need for it until I've encountered a higher than average number of supercharger kits. This included one crazy guy who decided a turbo wasn't enough for his GT and added a blower too!

The biggest challenge with most of the supercharger setups is that there isn't enough space for consistent airflow. The outlet of the blower, a bypass valve, air straightener, the MAF then a sharp bend into the throttle body all in a space of 14"-16". At best it's a pack of bandaids to get it working well.

Speed density dispenses with all this and uses the MAF sensor only to get the temperature of the air. It then uses a 3 bar MAP sensor on the intake manifold to determine the amount of fuel needed.

While it's still in R&D, I've been making significant progress. At the moment a vehicle can run with the SD patches and you can unplug the MAF with no change other than a CEL for the IAT sensor being unplugged.

The actual "patch" involves well over 1000 lines of code to properly disable the MAF signal and then simulate a 'fake' one for non-critical items like EGR flow. It's all based off a math model that I've established from crunching over 800mb of logging data I've collected in the last 5 years.

-Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speeddensity.jpg (57.6 KB, 60 views)

Old August 19th, 2016, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

1 Highscore

Quote:

This one here is hardly a secret, it's just that there wasn't a lot of need for it until I've encountered a higher than average number of supercharger kits. This included one crazy guy who decided a turbo wasn't enough for his GT and added a blower too!

The biggest challenge with most of the supercharger setups is that there isn't enough space for consistent airflow. The outlet of the blower, a bypass valve, air straightener, the MAF then a sharp bend into the throttle body all in a space of 14"-16". At best it's a pack of bandaids to get it working well.

Speed density dispenses with all this and uses the MAF sensor only to get the temperature of the air. It then uses a 3 bar MAP sensor on the intake manifold to determine the amount of fuel needed.

While it's still in R&D, I've been making significant progress. At the moment a vehicle can run with the SD patches and you can unplug the MAF with no change other than a CEL for the IAT sensor being unplugged.

The actual "patch" involves well over 1000 lines of code to properly disable the MAF signal and then simulate a 'fake' one for non-critical items like EGR flow. It's all based off a math model that I've established from crunching over 800mb of logging data I've collected in the last 5 years.

-Michael

Tags
amp, auto, car, concept, door, drive, ecu, facebook, fastworks, fuel, how to, live, qui, reflash, rims, shows, tune, tuning, uni, upgrade, video, working, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.