Possible to build a tractix cable? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
Possible to build a tractix cable?

saw some on evo forum people building them just curious if it works for our car too
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Guess that makes it a trial error type of thing, i need to get it tuned but dont know anyone around here with a cable thats why figured someone has made them before, ive got other projects that $200 for a cable and software could go to thats my reason for asking. Trying to save some wont be needing it after i get a decent tune got enough crap around here to sell as it is lol well if anyone has built one and can help with what could be used to work id appreciate it
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
There are knockoffs but they don't work. I've been making progress in getting the scantool.net cables to flash the ECU but honestly you're going to have a lot of trouble beating the quality of a genuine tactrix. They're american made and designed by a couple of really smart guys. They're good stuff and they stand behind them.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

i understand what your saying, and I know you inow what your talking about. Everybody who has had your reflash has had good results. My only problem with buying it is I dont think il use it but once then itl sit til either I blow the engine im at 212,000 miles or either I attempt a conversion of some sort. If i was planning to mod the car with eclipse mods itd be fine but for now im done modding just trying ti drive it and not throw a engine code for factory headers that I just replaced car has terrible low end power since figured make something ti delete the sensors so no more codes for bs. Thats why when on the evo forum people were making them thought might be about the same for ours
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: James
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
You could use o2 spacers on the downstream sensors. Not a fix for your clogged cat, but it's something for the code.

You really should replace it though. Your fuel economy will go way up. Also less risk of melting things in the engine bay. Even if you got a header and a tune that's something. Actually that will gain power and economy lol
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
I have a number of people who have no interest in performance and only purchased the fuel economy tune. It tends to pay for itself within a year so after that, it's a mod that's putting money in your account. With respect to your situation, removing sensors is probably a bad idea. On average they last 80-100k so it's simply a maintenance part like spark plugs. Many times, tricks used to remove them and prevent a CEL result in poor fuel economy so you spend 2x the cost of the sensors for every year of driving. An extra $3-$4 at the pumps every time you fill up does add up in the long term.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

And i dont think theres anything wrong with the cable they make and im not against using one just feel like buying one using once then putting it up would be a waste might have the funds eventually but til then would like to do what i need soon and cheap as possible. $200 is alot when you already spent alot just getting it back running decently maybe i should try find someone in raleigh nc to use theirs for a tune but ive yet to see modded 4gs in my area most keep them stock that ive seen. Thers quite a few of those riding around but thanks for your input like i said im not trying to knock the cable just looking for alternatives
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Shoot thats some good info though, i guess il have to consider all options more if i had $500 for a tune i wouldnt be asking anything but when can it be done lol i must have misread something about the codes then i was under the impression it runs better without the sensors on the headers
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

The tune is actually only $299.99. You can always borrow a cable to install it. I'm aiming to get the scantool.net cable working soon so that's a much cheaper option.

-Michael

Old January 9th, 2017, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yea il keep a eye out for a cable maybe someone will sell one on cl or on here, and $300 isnt that bad itd take me atleast 4 weeks of saving lol still not a solution for soon but the info youve provided has given me better undertanding. Il get my codes fogured out first then see where im at thanks again though, im no expert at cars but im very creative and learn fast when i get into it. But a good tune would be a good option to consider if i cant figure the reason my car acts funky like it does lol
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
I plan to get a tune from you in a few months, Michael, so if you randomly decide to stop tuning our cars... give me a heads up first
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
build, car, evo, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.