OBD 2 reader - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
OrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of light
OBD 2 reader

So i searched around and didn't find a thread for obd2 readers. I'm looking to purchase one and would like some suggestions as which to get.\

so tell me what do you guys use!?

I'll update this post with all the different kinds for future people that are looking have something to look for.

Old January 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
got mine off ebay for like 20-40 bucks... its orange with only 2 buttons but whatever... just needed something to say "hey these are the codes you are throwing" and nothing more

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

OrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of lightOrangeDemon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post
got mine off ebay for like 20-40 bucks... its orange with only 2 buttons but whatever... just needed something to say "hey these are the codes you are throwing" and nothing more
does yours also clear codes?

Old January 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
i use this one.
OBD II Code Reader | Canadian Tire

i was thinking of upgrading to a DashDaq... i'd do that if i were you, it's an OBD 2 reader with 1000 more functions...
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDemon View Post
does yours also clear codes?
yes also reads vin numbers

I got Mods.
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
The thread killer...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD-II-Reset...#ht_1247wt_905

this one

I got Mods.
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

NICE, i was just looking at this one. what do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/U581-OBDII-EOB...724175&sr=1-40
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
The thread killer...

whatever you want man it's your moneyz!!!

I got Mods.
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

LOL well is that one all that much better for the 60 bucks? or should i just get the cheap on to read the codes and harass all of you with what they mean? lol
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
there's already a sticky that lists all codes and what they mean and how to fix them
the one you posted "looks" like it could monitor a wideband O2 sensor... that woul dbe a plus if you ever wanna tune your car...
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDemon View Post
LOL well is that one all that much better for the 60 bucks? or should i just get the cheap on to read the codes and harass all of you with what they mean? lol
mine came with a book with all the codes in it

I got Mods.
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
there's already a sticky that lists all codes and what they mean and how to fix them
the one you posted "looks" like it could monitor a wideband O2 sensor... that woul dbe a plus if you ever wanna tune your car...
for sure ive already bought a laptop for tuning as well as the fic and harness. i may go with something like that so it gives me full diagnostic when i dont have my computer with me. i found one that is wireless for the same price and sends it to an app on your phone.

http://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-Ki...724979&sr=1-42
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

she's got big boobs, it must be a good product
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

ever thought of a Dashdaq like i posted up there?...
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Autocityimports Rep

those are wayyyyyy to expensive. unless u know of some deal those are like 500 bucks. I can't justify more than 100 on an obd2 scanner. unless it comes with boobs
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

i just missed one at $375, brand new with some extra goodies... stupid overseas vacation...
as i'm sure you know, the DashDaq does a lot more than just reading / clearing codes...
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Name: JP
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
JpRyo532 is on a distinguished road
I use a obd2 bluetooth adapter ($15-$20 on ebay) and check the codes with Torque app (android).
JpRyo532 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Fabguy
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse GT-T
fabguy is a jewel in the roughfabguy is a jewel in the rough
I'm using my I Phone with a wifi adapter. Not really cheap but effective and the app has other featurs usefull when I go to the track.

DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

with a WIFI adapter from E-bay
WIFI OBD2 Diagnostic OBDII Tool iPhone iPod Touch iPad2 | eBay

"This is it... The moment we should have trained for."
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS!!!

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 07 GT-N Spyder 4.0
executive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to allexecutive is a name known to all
can you clear codes with the bluetooth one? Amazon.com: ELM327 Interface Bluetooth OBD2/EOBD Auto Scanner V1.4: Car Electronics might get this one. if not ill just order that 2 button one
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Got Stance??? i dont :(

Name: Dann
Vehicle: 2010 Evo X MR
MFTK is a jewel in the roughMFTK is a jewel in the rough
get the CARMD saw it on tv.. looked pretty kool.. tells u excatly wats wrong and how much the part n labor will cost to print out as well
MFTK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dirty D

Name: Dustin
Vehicle: 06 GT sportronic
douellette has a spectacular aura about
Amazon.com: Equus 3140 Innova Diagnostic Code Scanner for OBDI and OBDII Vehicles: Automotive

thats the one i used to have, worked great. i just had to sell it cuz i needed money

Mods: DC Sports CAI, Aero Turbine muffler, Pulstar plugs, aux cable
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...lj90SIPg%3D%3D <--Referral link
facebook.com/DDcomputers <-- Me and my brothers computer repair business, check us out!
douellette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
OceanStateTuning has a spectacular aura about
I got an OTC Genesis Evo and then some cheapo $20 eBay bluetooth one that connects to my droid using the program called Torque that I leave connected in my DD
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
OceanStateTuning has a spectacular aura about
FYI Innova's are very nice for the money, a buddy has one and it is really simple to use and around a hundred bux or so
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of

thats what i got. 50 bucks from autozone

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
Amazon.com: Launch CReader V scan tool/code reader (437001): Automotive

this one has been by far my favorite. read codes, erase codes, live data stream, on-board system tests, graphs, freeze data etc. . .

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
i use a scan gauge II cause then you get 4 gauges out of it too.
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Lancer Ralliart
CrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the roughCrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpRyo532 View Post
I use a obd2 bluetooth adapter ($15-$20 on ebay) and check the codes with Torque app (android).
i got one of those, and i use OBDScan for symbian phones (i have a Nokia N8)...scans and clears DTC's, live data streams (with gauges) and data logs up to 12 samples per second...you can also save a history log of trouble codes that were cleared, in case you forget and want to keep track of recurring codes...the adapter was $15 shipped, and the app is 10 euro...
CrAnSwIcK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Vehicle: Sporty eclipse gs
2fast4u will become famous soon enough
I have the actron obdII pro. Also gives real time data such as air, tps (true and corrected) maf and o2 and a a bunch of other cool stuff. 100$ autozone. Check it out.

Mods-custom sri, federal 595ss tires, driver mod-400k professional mi driven
Coming soon-gt tb, rre underdrive pulley, rre headers, headerback exhaust
Begging wife for, fi/c & wideband, t3 turbo and all the works, my nuts back.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM   #29 (permalink)

gotti is on a distinguished road

Nookcolor tablet hacked. Any android phone tablet with bluetooth will do
Torque app $5
ob2 bluetooth adapter $15 ebay

Reads codes, datalist, custom gauge setup, g sensor, avg mpg, and more stuff
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
I like that gotti. If I could find a tablet that runs windows I'd consider putting it in my car (standalone ECU). That would make a cool anti-theft. Punch in the passcode or she ain't gonna start!

-Michael
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
the mathematical

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 07/Eclipse/GS
mwaterous is just really nicemwaterous is just really nicemwaterous is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackish View Post
I like that gotti. If I could find a tablet that runs windows I'd consider putting it in my car (standalone ECU). That would make a cool anti-theft. Punch in the passcode or she ain't gonna start!

-Michael
Yep, except that a tablet running Windows would cause your car to crash randomly, for no apparent reason, and probably during the most important drive through rush hour traffic you've ever been on.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

yeah, but all you'd have to do is restart it, and you're good for a while...
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
the mathematical

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 07/Eclipse/GS
mwaterous is just really nicemwaterous is just really nicemwaterous is just really nice
Depends what you crash into. You could hit the blue screen of Gap and straight down the polo shirts aisle. Then you'll be swarmed by vegans telling you that everything you do is bad and harmful to the environment and things just spiral out of control.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like Windows. It would be very interesting to get a tablet running a unix and then a cell internet connection to SSH with x-windows - really figure out how the wife drives my car The trouble is that tuning software is typically only available for Windows. Although potentially I could cross-compile uvtune it too is only available on Windows.

-Michael
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Rob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK View Post
i got one of those, and i use OBDScan for symbian phones (i have a Nokia N8)...scans and clears DTC's, live data streams (with gauges) and data logs up to 12 samples per second...you can also save a history log of trouble codes that were cleared, in case you forget and want to keep track of recurring codes...the adapter was $15 shipped, and the app is 10 euro...
+1
Rob Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Lancer Ralliart
CrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the roughCrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackish View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like Windows. It would be very interesting to get a tablet running a unix and then a cell internet connection to SSH with x-windows - really figure out how the wife drives my car The trouble is that tuning software is typically only available for Windows. Although potentially I could cross-compile uvtune it too is only available on Windows.

-Michael
I only use windows for gaming mostly...cause microsoft has PC gaming by the balls...at least i can play counter-strike: source in Linux...

I also like the tablet setup...very clean, and handy!
CrAnSwIcK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2016, 01:54 PM   #37 (permalink)

Name: Blake
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse Gs
Associate00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeker View Post

this one
I apologize for reviving a dead thread but, does yours work for clearing an SRS code?
Associate00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Name: Ray
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT MT
TotalEclipse07 has a spectacular aura about
I use a Bluetooth one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...BDII+bluetooth

And the Torque app for Android. Works well for me and Torque is a great app and it clears codes.
TotalEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2016, 02:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Financial Wizard

Name: Nick
Nick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond reputeNick has a reputation beyond repute
I got this one off of ebay for $14. It scans, clears codes, does a check for emissions testing readiness and one other thing I can't remember.

OBDII Scanner Code Reader Can Oxgord MS300 OBD2 Scan Professional Tool | eBay
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2016, 07:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Associate00 View Post
I apologize for reviving a dead thread but, does yours work for clearing an SRS code?
Hey Blake! Unfortunately, the only tool that can remove the SRS code are the $2000 tools used by the dealership. Your standard $30 OBD2 reader wont clear it.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.