FastWorks 2016 yearly sale coming up - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
FastWorks 2016 yearly sale coming up

This will be the 3rd year for the yearly FastWorks sale. I'm not sure yet when it will start as I'm going to be in Florida from the end of March until the beginning of April. I don't want 50+ tunes to deliver while I'm away. I'm leaning toward the middle of April.

Last year the sale was an incredible success and I offered significant discounts for each 10th tune sold. As well, the amazing guys over at Tactrix donated some free cables for some lucky winners!

This year I'm also expecting to release the next set of feature enhancements. I've spent a good part of this year testing out some of the changes. Don't worry, the automatic transmission people wont be disappointed with manual-only features!

As always, the existing licensed users can have access to the new features when they're announced at no charge.

Pricing and the new enhancements will be announced at the start of the sale. Stay tuned for more info.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2016, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 06 eclipse
Flaboy806 will become famous soon enough
What part of Florida you coming to

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Flaboy806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Tyler
Vehicle: 07/eclipse/gt
TEYZE is on a distinguished road
Can't wait, been waiting all winter to hear about the sale!
TEYZE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 31st, 2016, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
flaboy I'll be in DeLand. I don't think I'll make it to z-hills this year. I'm just down for a course but if there is time I could probably meet up and tune your car in person.

-Michael

"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it" -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sale will be starting April 15th. This gives me enough time to get caught up after I return from FL. You can expect a few big game changers to be announced on the same date. As I've done other years I'll be offering surprise discounts on every 10th tune sold. Last year there were even some free OpenPort 2.0 cables donated by Tactrix. Like every licensed user of FastWorks, those who already purchased tunes will also benefit from the availability of the new features as they're always available for free.

-Michael

Old April 15th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Holthues is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to updates on this, waiting patiently!
Bump!(:
Holthues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado

Name: David
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GST
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh will become famous soon enough
Go a different route on tuning!!!!!!!! I'll help anybody FREE who need a helping tuning hand!
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2016, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

A different route, what other options for ecu do you have?

edit: Looked at a few of your posts, I have a GT looking to tune it for a modest gain and live in Cali so no headers for me. Apart from cat-back which I plan to do after I get her repainted soon, what other mods have you got in mind?

Last edited by Holthues; April 15th, 2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old April 16th, 2016, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holthues View Post
A different route, what other options for ecu do you have?

edit: Looked at a few of your posts, I have a GT looking to tune it for a modest gain and live in Cali so no headers for me. Apart from cat-back which I plan to do after I get her repainted soon, what other mods have you got in mind?
The fastworks system allows for upgrading AT shifting program, fuel economy, launch control for MT cars, as well as switchable mapping and extended datalogging. It also allows you to take the car to any 3rd party to tune it if they like. There are over 500 eclipses tuned and millions of miles so it's the only well proven system out there.

-Michael

Old April 16th, 2016, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
1st Turbo 4g In Colorado

Name: David
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GST
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh will become famous soon enough
Damn I'm just trying to help people out.....But my offer still stands anybody who needs a helping hand let me know!
DeAtHsWhIpLaSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2016, 01:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: James
Sabertooth^2 has a spectacular aura about
Why not both?

Learn to do it yourself one way, gain the extra features another
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackish View Post
The fastworks system allows for upgrading AT shifting program, fuel economy, launch control for MT cars, as well as switchable mapping and extended datalogging. It also allows you to take the car to any 3rd party to tune it if they like. There are over 500 eclipses tuned and millions of miles so it's the only well proven system out there.

-Michael
Thanks for the reply, but you never did say when is the sale going to begin? I'm aware you posted the 15th previously but I'd really like to hear that you're offering at the discount before I send money in.
Old April 16th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
DSM

Name: Steve
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
DSM will become famous soon enough
I would like to purchase the fastworks tune. Where should I go?
DSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2016, 06:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

The sale runs from the April 15th to May 15th 2016.

The regular NA price is 349.99 on sale for $249.99
For turbo/Supercharged it is regularly $499.99USD and now on for $449.99USD.
There are also surprise discounts for every 10th purchase. The discount is $50 or $100 more off.

Trick is you don't know if you're the nth purchaser!

The way you make the purchase is via paypal to payments@fastworks.com and put your VIN number in the comments. As soon as I get it I'll add your car to the license server. Then you get in touch via email at sales@fastworks.com. With the software you register your account and I assign the VIN to your fastworks account.

-Michael

Last edited by hackish; April 18th, 2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

There are also surprise discounts for every 10th purchase. The discount is $50 or $100 more off.

Trick is you don't know if you're the nth purchaser!

The way you make the purchase is via paypal to payments@fastworks.com and put your VIN number in the comments. As soon as I get it I'll add your car to the license server. Then you get in touch via email at sales@fastworks.com. With the software you register your account and I assign the VIN to your fastworks account.

-Michael
Hey Michael, went ahead and made the purchase a couple days ago and have since made an account on the support site. Although I did get a reply via personal email, I haven't had a license distributed to my VIN yet. I was able to install the software on a computer and connect to my ecu, however, I wasn't able to install the software to the ECU and I don't appear to have a VIN anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong but I also looked around and from what I've seen you don't have a personal email to send this to and I don't have an 'active' account on the forum yet so I can only post here.

Last edited by Holthues; April 22nd, 2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Jim
Vehicle: 2006 GT 6MT
MarionCobretti has a spectacular aura about
I think he might just be behind, maybe due to a high volume of orders. It took about 2.5 days for my license to come through, but it did. I never got an email. Just keep clicking "renew license" in the software, and eventually it'll come.
MarionCobretti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionCobretti View Post
I think he might just be behind, maybe due to a high volume of orders. It took about 2.5 days for my license to come through, but it did. I never got an email. Just keep clicking "renew license" in the software, and eventually it'll come.
Alright, very helpful. Not the best feeling to send off 250 dollars and then just hope for the best. I'm a bit excited over it though and stuff like this has never been easy for me to be patient with. Anyway thanks Marion. I'll just sit tight as he does what he does
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Jim
Vehicle: 2006 GT 6MT
MarionCobretti has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Not the best feeling to send off 250 dollars and then just hope for the best. I'm a bit excited over it though and stuff like this has never been easy for me to be patient with.
Oh, I totally agree that it's not a great feeling and that it's hard to be patient. A bit more communication would have been nice. But my license came through, so I just wanted to assuage your fears. Also, you know how they tell kids who've been bullied that it gets better? This doesn't. Now that I have the software license, I have to sit around and wait for my tune, which is even harder to be patient for. Hopefully it'll come through early next week!
MarionCobretti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

You can email him I'm pretty sure the email is support@fastworks.com but I'll check and verify that for you

Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionCobretti View Post
Oh, I totally agree that it's not a great feeling and that it's hard to be patient. A bit more communication would have been nice. But my license came through, so I just wanted to assuage your fears. Also, you know how they tell kids who've been bullied that it gets better? This doesn't. Now that I have the software license, I have to sit around and wait for my tune, which is even harder to be patient for. Hopefully it'll come through early next week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaboy806 View Post
You can email him I'm pretty sure the email is support@fastworks.com but I'll check and verify that for you
Thanks again Marion, and I can imagine. I'm just itching to get the software working so I can play with it.

Flaboy, I managed to find this on the fastworks support forum. I'm not sure if it's been since changed but I guess I managed to answer my own question at the least.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yep those are the updated emails.. When you send an email it will automatically asign it a ticket number and it will email you letting you know the number then he will reply as quick as he can

Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM View Post
I would like to purchase the fastworks tune. Where should I go?
Hey DSM, the tune right now is a good deal considering all the support Hackish gives his customers. That's why I bought it myself. The process for buying a tune and with it the software is to simply send the money in via paypal and in the comments put your vin number. I suggest double checking it cause if you type it in wrong it'll add on to the already lengthy process of getting it out for you. But essentially you send that in, then follow these instructions to get your software licensed and your tune out. If you're wondering you can send him specifics such as intake, cams, pistons, rods, exhaust etc, and he can personally build you a tune for that setup. It won't be as accurate as a dyno tune but it will be more cost effective.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaboy806 View Post
Yep those are the updated emails.. When you send an email it will automatically asign it a ticket number and it will email you letting you know the number then he will reply as quick as he can

Awesome, well for now I'll try to work on my patience, as I get older it seems to get worse. Hopefully it doesn't take too long but if it does I'll send an email.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something either.
I sent off my money 5 days ago, registered on the support site and have not had any communication since, other than an email conservation of my username and password and that administration has to authorize my account.
Did I miss a step, or is he just swamped right now?
Old April 23rd, 2016, 08:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

Name: Roman
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
Rav911 is on a distinguished road
^ Same here.
Rav911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2016, 10:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Based on this post, I'd say he's pretty swamped. He's helping me out right now, not sure who else all at the same time. But I can confirm he's working. I've sent in my data logs already
Old April 24th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Name: Blake
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Spank_Bank is on a distinguished road

Last edited by Spank_Bank; May 11th, 2016 at 05:16 PM.
Spank_Bank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Blake
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Spank_Bank is on a distinguished road
Anyone debating on pulling the trigger for this should definitely do it. I got my reflash over a year ago, and it's awesome. Also, b/c of the mpg improvements, it pays for itself in no time.

I'm curious though, does anyone know what these new "feature enhancements" are? Sounds exciting

Last edited by Spank_Bank; April 24th, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
Spank_Bank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2016, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Hi,

I try to keep on top of posts here but for the most part the support system is where it's all at. Here are the articles for reference but they may be updated in the future when the scantool.net support is tested.

--- Sale Info Article ---

There are also surprise discounts for every 10th purchase. The discount is an additional $50 or $100 extra in an alternating fashion. Purchaser 10 will get $50 back. Purchaser 20 will have $100 purchaser 30 gets $50 and so on. The winners list will be posted at the end of the sale.

Payments are processed using paypal (payments@fastworks.com) and put your VIN number in the comments.

The process is as follows:
-Send the paypal payment with your VIN
-Send an email to sales@fastworks.com with your VIN to create a support ticket and receive instructions on installing the software and the tune.

-Michael

Last edited by hackish; April 25th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old April 25th, 2016, 04:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

OK maybe someone can clarify so I don't have to waste anyones time.
I registered at fastworks, downloaded the software and registered it online.

Now the previous post says to reply to my ticket by emailing tuning@fastworks.com to setup the license.
What does it mean to reply to my ticket? what needs to be done on this step before I am ready to hook up to my car?

TEYZE
Old April 25th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Just got my tune put in! Car feels stupid now lol. Hello torque steer, goodbye tires
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEYZE View Post
OK maybe someone can clarify so I don't have to waste anyones time.
I registered at fastworks, downloaded the software and registered it online.

Now the previous post says to reply to my ticket by emailing tuning@fastworks.com to setup the license.
What does it mean to reply to my ticket? what needs to be done on this step before I am ready to hook up to my car?

TEYZE
I found you on the server and approved your account. You can go ahead and do the perform install to flash the program on to your ECU. Then just send an email to tuning@fastworks.com with your mods list and I'll generate a tune for you. I've literally spend 10h today answering all the requests since Friday evening so everything should be caught up now.

-Michael

Old April 25th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Just got my tune put in! Car feels stupid now lol. Hello torque steer, goodbye tires
Too bad london is a long drive from Ottawa as I have the dyno rented for a few days.

-Michael

Old April 25th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

Hey Michael I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that either "reply to my ticket by emailing tuning@fastworks.com to setup the license" I was able to register my account as well as make an account on the support forum which has now been approved. However using the renew license option under the server tab in the software doesn't make my VIN show up. Not really sure where to go from here.

Edit: Just to clarify, I never received an email to reply to which is why this step confuses me. Did I miss something?

Last edited by Holthues; April 25th, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey Michael I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that either "reply to my ticket by emailing tuning@fastworks.com to setup the license" I was able to register my account as well as make an account on the support forum which has now been approved. However using the renew license option under the server tab in the software doesn't make my VIN show up. Not really sure where to go from here.

Edit: Just to clarify, I never received an email to reply to which is why this step confuses me. Did I miss something?
Just send an email to tuning@fastworks.com. I think I'll remove the second set of instructions to avoid confusing more people.

-Michael

Old April 25th, 2016, 11:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Too bad london is a long drive from Ottawa as I have the dyno rented for a few days.

-Michael
Damn. If I didn't pay $300 for a course this week I'd be driving on up. I've driven to Montreal to get poutine, Tennessee for bourbon, so why not Ottawa for dyno play time?
Old May 11th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2008 Eclispe GT 6MT
#TampaEclipse is on a distinguished road
Do you have a stock GT dyno sheet that shows HP and Torque curves pre/post flash? I don't care what year GT, just that it's a stock 4g GT.
#TampaEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:26 AM   #38 (permalink)

I don't normally keep dyno sheets for customers cars but here is one I did the other day. I think it was 18whp from the best stock pull to the best tuned pull. It was a car with an intake, header and exhaust. Typical gains are more in the 12-14whp range.

-Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt-dyno.jpg (28.1 KB, 18 views)

Old May 11th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #39 (permalink)

Here is one I did 6 years ago. I think it was a stock 2008 GT AT. 11whp. Things have improved a lot in 6 years though. I probably have more but I never put a lot of value on dyno sheets because they're so easy to mis-use. I just tune a vehicle to its maximum safe potential and that's it. Some will make 10whp, others will make 20. I think the least I ever remember making was 6whp on a GS AT. AT cars always make less at the wheels.

-Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt-dyno1.jpg (36.0 KB, 12 views)

Old May 11th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

Here is a GS I did 2 summers ago. 8whp. That's usually about what they gain. I could probably dig through the pile of sheets and find a few more.

-Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gs-dyno.jpg (32.9 KB, 11 views)

Tags
amazing, art, automatic, automatic transmission, fastworks, florida, good, info, manual, release, sale, start, tactrix, transmission, tuned, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.