D2 Racing Coilovers Review - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Slip and slide discussion

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
he says in the install post that you have to remove all the rear plastic carpet and plastic and stuff in order to get at the three bolts that hold up the rear strut on each side. I didn't - all I had to do was remove the little plastic panel on the side wall near the hub top (you should see it) and stick my wrench in there. way easier. of course, you can't see the top of the assembly if you want to adjust anything from there, but I just added the lube before I put it up in there.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Praise The Lowered

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GS SE
peruano4g is a jewel in the roughperuano4g is a jewel in the rough
Well i sowed the rubber boot with nylon and added cv lube for quick fix before heading to miami for State of Stance car show. Ripped open again when I came back lol. The boot holds the lube in place and blocks dust particals, dirt,mud to reach in between the teeths of the axle. Rode with open boot for few months, didnt hurt me none.
peruano4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:16 PM   #43 (permalink)

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse Spyder GT
tribaldragon is on a distinguished road
considering installing D2s, can I get an update on the boot issue?
I very frequently hit 80 or so.....should I stay stock or look at a different brand?
tribaldragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 20th, 2015, 02:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
I don't know what the asking prices are for the D2's, or if that is a factor.

Just reading this post I don't like the setup and installation process. That's just me.

I have had my Megan Coilovers on now for 7 years without a problem. Except for some tight ass bolts on the front, installation was easy. You don't have to remove all the trunk panels, and all you have to do is drill two holes into those panels from the bottom so your adjusting cables can go into the rear trunk area. If you don't have these adjusting cables, you will have to tear apart your rear interior panels every time you want to adjust your ride from hard to soft, vis versa. Here is what RRE has for our car.

RRE
RRE's Megan Racing 4G Eclipse Coil Over Suspension Info

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Last edited by Clovisman; April 20th, 2015 at 03:05 AM.
Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

Name: Michael
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
eosrebel has a spectacular aura about
The boot issue stems from fully slamming the car down as that increases the stress on the axles a ton. I've been running D2's for over a year now, haven't maxed out my drop and my boots are fine. My only complaint on the setup is about the universal brake line brackets they provide as they are garbage. I ended up just using zip ties and it's been fine ever since.
eosrebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2015, 05:26 PM   #46 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
A 2.5" drop is a good drop from stock and looks good. A 3" drop is a slam!!

With the 2.5" drop they will be able to align both the front and rear camber with no problems. Just remind them that they can adjust the front camber from the top if they need to adjust more camber.

With a 3" drop, they can still adjust the front camber, but there is nothing they can do for the rear camber, it will be maxed out, and still need more adjustment.

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:00 PM   #47 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06/eclipse GT
inherheart is on a distinguished road
I just got my d2's in the mail. They don't seem to be labeled...how do you know which is the passenger side or drivers side?
inherheart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:16 AM   #48 (permalink)

Name: Michael
eosrebel has a spectacular aura about
They are not left-right side specific, just front and rear.
eosrebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #49 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06/eclipse GT
inherheart is on a distinguished road
Word, thank you sir.
inherheart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #50 (permalink)

Name: austin
Steezyfreeze is on a distinguished road
Hi so I know this post is kind of old. But I have Ksport kontrol pros on my 2009 GS. From the pictures I've seen they look exactly the same as the D2's as far as the front struts go. So I got the rears on no problem very easy. However the front struts are giving me problems. The end links that are connected to the sway bar on the front are preventing me from adjusting the right height and therefore I can't put the metal zip ties for the brake lines on the strut. Is there a certain way that I have to put them on or do I need aftermarket end links?
Steezyfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

Name: Chandler
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse Gt
Nitro1max1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezyfreeze View Post
Hi so I know this post is kind of old. But I have Ksport kontrol pros on my 2009 GS. From the pictures I've seen they look exactly the same as the D2's as far as the front struts go. So I got the rears on no problem very easy. However the front struts are giving me problems. The end links that are connected to the sway bar on the front are preventing me from adjusting the right height and therefore I can't put the metal zip ties for the brake lines on the strut. Is there a certain way that I have to put them on or do I need aftermarket end links?
Same problem I'm having with my ksports. I bought moog end links and now the sway bar mount is right up against the preload collars preventing me from going lower without taking the bottom 2 strut bolts out. I also have a clunking noise. Could this be from the sway bar end links being too vertical and not putting enough pressue on the sway bar? Every bolt is tight, checked and re-checked that so I'm not sure where the clunking noise is coming from.
Nitro1max1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2009, black, body, box, brake, cai, car, coilovers, crazy, door, fit, fujita, interior, mod, racing, rear, rip, stiff, street, struts, top, universal, upgrades, wheels, whip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.