Tire pressure warning light - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Slip and slide discussion

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse 4G
scriptum is on a distinguished road
Tire pressure warning light

Hello, and greetings from Germany

Iīve a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The problem is, the tire pressure warning light is always on. I donīt know why. A Mitsubishi shop here in germany canīt help me because these "US-Cars" they donīt support.

Is there a other possibility to fix this problem?
What can I do?
Iīve checked the pressure and at all 4 wheels there is enough pressure.

Please help me^^
scriptum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Christian
Vehicle: 08 Spyder GT/MT
SpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really nice
There's is a chance that the sensor has gone bad or the battery in it is dead. I'm not sure if you can replace only the battery. You may have to order a set of 4 tire pressure monitors
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
And tire sensors are expensive as hell

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
does it blink for a minute when u first start the car then go steady? or is it steady immediately after starting it?

My Ride Thread: http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse 4G
scriptum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
does it blink for a minute when u first start the car then go steady? or is it steady immediately after starting it?
When I start the car, the light is blinking for a minute, than itīs immediately lighting.
scriptum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Worries

tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
it is defintely one of your tire pressure sensors...i had mine switched when i got aftermarket wheels so i now have the same problem as you when my winter stock wheels are back on...i am sure there is a way to pinpoint which sensor has gone bad but i am unsure of how to go about checking it

like colten said...they are not cheap

Old March 16th, 2016, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: christian
Vehicle: 2007/eclipse
xtianxb is on a distinguished road
Hello, does anyone knows where can I buy those sensors?(by web)
I am from Peru and here I dont have support.
Or maybe, if someone tried soņe hack?
Any response is usefull
Best regards
xtianxb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2016, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
No Worries

I'm not sure if they ship international, but oemmitsubishiparts.com is where several of us buy our OEM parts.

Old March 21st, 2016, 05:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
Any reputable tire allignment shop can order these TPMS for you. They have a hand held device that can recallibrate and detect activity from each sensor. All has been answered.
It is model number MN103081. Used they are 10$. New they are 50+. From a shop, 100$+.
Buy 4 of them used... Keep in handy. Cheers.

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2016, 08:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
No Worries

^You must have better tire shops than me, I shopped around at 5 different ones locally (including big names like Big O and Meineke) and none of them could calibrate my new one for me...had to take mine to the stealership...

Old May 18th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
MLB

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse Spyder GS
MLB is on a distinguished road
I'm sure it's one of your sensors. My TPMS light has been on since January and after much drama and incompetence, I finally got it taken care of today by Tire Barn. Last week they said that the 2 right ones only had about 30% battery life left and replaced them with aftermarket ones. On my way home the light returned! I could have screamed! So I made an appointment for today and took it back down there. He rescanned all of them and the 2 left ones would barely register so they replaced those as well. Altogether I'm out exactly $280.00 but am not disappointed at all about it, just ecstatic! LOL! No more orange light glaring at me and thank goodness there was never any kind of audible alarm! Thank you Tire Barn for figuring out and fixing this annoying problem.
MLB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2008, cars, eclipse, fix, light, mitsubishi, problem, shop, tire, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.