Beginners guide to modding you're 2.4l 4cyl GS (What route should I go??) Thread - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Beginners guide to modding you're 2.4l 4cyl GS (What route should I go??) Thread

Okay guys, I'm going to be working on a thread here, to help new 4ger's learn what route is best to take when modding their cars. I'm going to list mods, (in a somewhat interchangeable order), that should be taken on first and last when someone new is attempting to build their cars performance. I will also list how these mods help and what they do (to my knowledge). I will list my thread of engine upgrades/parts at the bottom for anyone wondering where they can find our engine mods. I would like everyone to help and give input on what you think so we can make this as close as possible. We all get tired of seeing the "I just bought my eclipse what should I do to it?" threads, so maybe this thread in conjunction with my other I made last week will be enough to limit the number of those posts. So we can copy and paste these links as our response and then when they have a specific question on a modification they can contact us. I will also try to include threads to help explain these mods in better detail so if you find any please post. Alright guys let us get started!

What mods to go for first:

Building Horsepower in our engine:

1. One of the very first things you can do to our cars, literally takes ten minutes and easily accessed, is a throttle body bypass--> How To: Throttle Body Bypass Tutorial
What this does: Well on our cars, engine temperature is a big issue. As most people know, the key to horsepower is getting more air to our engines. The hotter the air is that gets into the engine, the less dense it is, meaning in reality we get less air. Colder air is denser air, thus resulting in more air getting in. Cold air>Hot Air. Well we have two coolant lines that run into our TB, One in, one out. This heats up the tb to help our cars start better in really cold temperatures. But, this also heats up our air, which is bad. By disconnecting these from the tb, and connecting them directly, you cool the tb down, which in turn cools our air down.

2. Secondly, I would go with a Cold air intake---> http://club4g.org/board/performance/...ir-intake.html
What this does: A cold air intake does exactly what it sounds like it does, allows colder and denser air to be absorbed into our engine. These are also high flow, which our stock intake isn't. Install is straight forward, and a great mod for any vehicle. More power, and better for our engine and gas tank (Not to mention better sound! ). Lets make this known, Cold Air intake > Short Ram Intake. CAI's are going to allow for better performance than a short ram. They allow colder air to enter.

3. Next you would want to look into a bigger throttle body. (GT TB)--> Swapped throttle body
What this does: The TB on our cars is 60mm in diameter. A good mod to add a little bit of power and better throttle response is to upgrade to the TB off of the GT version of this car (which is 65mm) or send our stock one to proflow to bore it out to 67mm. This allows for more air to enter our engine when we are on the throttle. More air is key, and although effects of this upgrade aren't extremely huge, we are looking for the cumulative effect.

4. I would suggest while you have the TB off, to go ahead and install an Intake manifold Spacer, and TB spacer
What this does: The intake manifold spacer is placed in between the intake manifold and the head, while the tb spacer is placed between the TB and the intake manifold. This spaces them apart and helps prevent the transfer of heat from the engine to the manifold and from the manifold to the throttle body. This drastically cools down the air entering our engine and helps add horsepower. Once again, not huge, but cumulative. Plus since your going to have the tb off anyways, might as well go ahead and put these on.

***Now, when working on the air flow to and from your engine there is a good guideline to go by. When working on getting better airflow to it, start from the very front (aka Cold Air intake), and work your way back, (Throttle body/spacers). When working on the air flow out of your engine, start from the back (exhaust), and work your way forward (headers). Feeding a lot of air into a restrictive exhaust will get you no where!***

5. So following that tip, next should be an upgraded exhaust system.
What this does: We have very restrictive exhaust, not very good air flow at all. By adding a new exhaust (preferably cat back for max performance) you can really increase your horsepower, and get a much better sound. More air traveling through the pipe creates more sound and more power. Be careful if going custom because some states have regulations with EPA standards.

6. Racing Headers would be the next step--> 4G69 RRE Header Install
What this does: This also helps increase the flow of exhaust fumes from our engine into the exhaust pipe itself. Our stock headers have two catalytic converters on them and by adding new headers, you remove them completely. This will create a much better sound and much better performance also. RRE makes a great set of headers for our car that are plug and play (PnP).

7. Heat wrap the headers and exhaust.
What this does: Since you are going to be putting the exhaust and headers on, I would suggest to go ahead and heat wrap them. Heat wrap helps prevent the transfer of heat to and from the headers/exhaust which in turn is beneficial in our hot engine issue.

*Now, we have some pretty good mods on our cars. You probably feel a pretty big difference in the cars performance. Well next step would be to maximize our performance with a great tune.*

8a. AEM FIC (Fuel Ignition Controller).-> HOW TO: F/I C Basics
What this does: This device will allow you to tweak your car's fuel/air ratio to gain max performance. You can also advance or retard timing using this. You can find a lot of useful info on this site as well as tune's (MAPS) that you can download and apply to your car. Of course to get max performance since each car is different, you will still have to tweak it some. People have seen +30-35 HP on our stock engine consistently w/ the FIC.

*or*

8b. ECU Reflash by Hackish-> http://club4g.org/board/tuning-elect...h-options.html
What this does: Hackish, a member on here offers this service to the community. Hackish will reflash our ecu's, disabling the rev limiter, governor, rewriting parameters for sensors, and tuning our afr's, timing, and a series of various other things. The software is downloaded directly to the users computer and through the use of a tactrix 2.0 openport cable, the reflash is applied. Hackish is working on multiple functions, including an editor so the users can tune their cars, and swap maps themselves. This is the preferred route over the FIC.

*Now that we have a majority of the engine bolt on's and a good tune, we need to get the power we are making to the ground, with the least amount of HP lost possible*

9. RRE Underdrive pulley---> http://club4g.org/board/performance/...nstall-gs.html & http://club4g.org/board/4g-eclipse-g...isual-how.html
What this does: This is a pulley that just replaces our stock crank pulley. It is smaller than the stock one and made from aluminum, which also weighs less (.58lbs, compared to stock that weighs 3.9lbs). This results in the engine moving slower, causing less stress on the engine. This not only helps get more power to the wheels because of less mass being moved, it also increases base horsepower, wheel horsepower, and torque a bit, and is less weight to move around on our already heavy cars. This will also help our engine rev quicker, letting us get to the speed we want at a faster pace.

10. Front strut and lower tie (front) bars
What this does: These basically brace the chassis preventing flex and unwanted twisting. This allows you to get better power to the wheels and an all around better performance from your suspension. This will help with traction and handling all together.

11. Motor Mounts and Engine torque dampers - Motor Mounts see post #29
What this does: These help brace your engine, holding it in place, resulting in less movement when it's building power. The more your engine moves the more power lost in the process. This will help maximize the amount of power you get to the wheels and will also result in smoother shifting.

12. Lowering Springs or coil overs would be a good addition.---> HOW TO: Eibach Pro Kit Spring - Install
What this does: Lowering springs do what they sound like they would do, lower the car, as do coil overs. Coil overs however usually give you the option to adjust your height and center of gravity for max performance. These help not only make the car looks a million times better, but also improve traction and handling. Coil overs (although MUCH more expensive) are your best bet, and if you can afford them, that would be my suggestion.

*The next few mods are for Manual Eclipse's only*

13. Upgraded clutch kit is a must for any manual
What this does: By replacing your clutch, it allows for a better and smoother engagement when shifting gears, thus resulting in less friction and less horsepower lost from the crank to the wheels. Also when modding up to a certain horsepower, you will need a better clutch to handle the pressure.

14. After a clutch kit look into a better Flywheel
What this does: An aluminum flywheel is lighter and allows less friction to be applied when shifting. This results in less inertia and a faster rev. It is also lighter than stock so that helps a lot. This results in less power lost from the crank to the wheels.

15. Another great addition for a manual is a Short Shifter---> HOW TO: TWM Short Shifter Install (GS + GT)
What this does: By applying a a shorter shifter, it reduces the height of your shifter, and throw by up to 37%. This results in faster and more precise shifts. Combine this with the shifter base bushings from RRE and you have a great mod.

*End of Manual Specific Mods*

16. Something else that helps increase whp that most people don't know are Lighter wheels
What this does: A lighter set of wheels results in less mass that has to be turned when moving the car. Each wheel carries a load of up to almost 8 times it's normal weight!! So when you see a set of wheels and think (Aww those are only 5 pounds lighter they wouldn't make that much of a difference) think again. Thanks again inertia and kinetic friction!!

*Now, another big step would be to help lower the weight of this beast. A good example would be that for every 10 pounds you drop, it would give the same effect as if you added 1hp to the engine (Note** this does not mean that every time you drop ten pounds you gain a hp, this means that is has the same effect**) These are pretty self explanatory so I will not go into much detail*

17. Carbon fiber hood, body kit and hatch- Carbon fiber is much lighter than metal or fiber glass
18. Remove manifold cover
19. Remove jack, tools and spare tire
20. Remove rear and passenger seats
21. Remove radio and speakers
22. Replace steering wheel and seats with racing seat/sw

**A few other mods that will help all around**

23. Oil Catch Can--> How to -> GS oil catch can
What this does: If you drive your car around for a few thousand miles and take off your throttle body you'll notice it will accumulate a good amount of oil and sludge on the butterfly valve. The can helps prevent oil from splashing into our intake manifold, which helps keep the engine cleaner and less friction and resistance to our air flow.

24. High Pressure Radiator Cap
What this does: This increases the pressure inside the radiator, thus increasing the boiling point of our coolant and provides better cooling for our engine.

25. Rear and front sway bars--> HOW TO: Progress 24mm Sway Bar - Install
What this does: These help stiffen the suspension. This helps prevent body roll and increase grip when handling in corners. This doesn't necessarily add more horsepower, but it isn't always about going fast in a straight line. This is a great addition to any eclipse.

26. Big Brake kit/Brembos
What this does: This helps improve performance and braking drastically. Brakes will heat up less and be much more responsive. This is a hefty investment but more than worth the money. People know you're legit if you rollin' with Brembo's

27. Energy Suspension Bushings
What this does: These bushings help remove unwanted flex in our suspension arms. This will help handling and traction a bunch. Our stock bushing have quite a bit of play in them so this is definitely a great addition.

28. Port and polish
What this does: This basically increases the diameter of your manifold, head etc, and smooths them out to increase air flow and reduce air resistance. This will make a drastic improvement in power for your engine but is not the easiest task. I would suggest having a professional shop do this for you.

This should be a great guide for beginners to follow up to a certain step. Some of these mods are harder than others so beware and do a lot of research before attempting. If you can complete this guide and still want more power there are plenty of more routes to go. Boost, forced induction, increased compression, limited slip differential, new pistons, new cam, the list is endless. It is all about how much money you want to spend, how much time you have, and how much knowledge you can obtain. I hope this helps out anyone and everyone, and that new 4gers can use this as a guide to help them in their builds. At the bottom of this I will add a couple beneficial threads and also my thread that lists all available parts and locations for the GS. Thanks everyone and anyone who helps contribute to this thread also! LET THE MODDING BEGIN!!!

Complete Eclipse GS 2.4l I4 Upgrade Thread
Beginners guide to modding
Forum FYI: Upgrades Needed for a Fully Built 4g Eclipse
Valuable Reading for Novice Performance Enthusiasts! Part 1
INDEX - Very Best Performance & Parts Threads

Last edited by jhun35; June 11th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
JMichaelSimpson12 is on a distinguished road
Where can I buy a throttle body for my 09 gs
JMichaelSimpson12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMichaelSimpson12 View Post
Complete Eclipse GS 2.4l I4 Upgrade Thread

That is a link to my other thread it has all parts and locations so you can buy them. You'll have to find a gt tb off of someone elses GT or from carparts.com something of that sort.

Old February 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
JMichaelSimpson12 is on a distinguished road
Thanks brand new to all of this I used to have people do this stuff for me on my old truck bit I thought its about time I get my hands dirty
JMichaelSimpson12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Thanks brand new to all of this I used to have people do this stuff for me on my old truck bit I thought its about time I get my hands dirty
Not a problem! that's why the threads are here And agreed man, doing it yourself is what makes it so enjoyable.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Agustin
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS/SE
agustin is a jewel in the roughagustin is a jewel in the rough
LOL !! Good job man !! When I said as a joke and u made it come to life
agustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin View Post
LOL !! Good job man !! When I said as a joke and u made it come to life
Haha I know right?!? I think it's a pretty good start for anyone who is planning on modding their car. If they finish off this list they should by then have acquired the knowledge and a motive to do what they want to do.
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
adding this to the "Best Performance Thread" Index.

Cross Reference.

Under "GS Specific Performance Thread (EXCELLENT)" in the first group of links.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Gabriel
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse GS
gser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to all
^^ Yes, this thread and his other thread "Complete Eclipse GS 2.4l I4 Upgrade Thread" are both excellent.

Operation Black on Black Eclipse.
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ter-going.html
CAI, Progress Lowering Springs, RRE UDP, Magnaflow Exhaust, GT TB, RRE Header, Debadged.
RIP Matt (Bullet06) Gone but not forgotten.
gser7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
adding this to the "Best Performance Thread" Index.

Cross Reference.

Under "GS Specific Performance Thread (EXCELLENT)" in the first group of links.
Thank you Joey It's an honor!
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gser7 View Post
^^ Yes, this thread and his other thread "Complete Eclipse GS 2.4l I4 Upgrade Thread" are both excellent.
Thanks Gabe! Means a lot!
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhun35 View Post
Thank you Joey It's an honor!
thanks justin - I'll get the other one that Gabe mentions up there too - let me go find it.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
thanks justin - I'll get the other one that Gabe mentions up there too - let me go find it.
Joey would you care to sticky this so it doesn't end up lost in the jumbled mess of threads we have here?
Old February 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
FS: GT throttlebody and Valentine One radar
Visit this thread Jason has a couple of these for sale I got mines from him so did Jhun
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
FS: GT throttlebody and Valentine One radar
Visit this thread Jason has a couple of these for sale I got mines from him so did Jhun
^^Yes, almost missed this one. He is definitely a good seller. So hit him up asap. $150 shipped is an awesome deal.
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Jóse
Vehicle: Mitsu/Eclipse/GS
josesmx5 is on a distinguished road
thank you soooo much!
josesmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by josesmx5 View Post
thank you soooo much!
Anytime man!
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Justin you don't talk about adding LSD ?

My Rave Red Ride
http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...s-eclipse.html
Old February 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Hey bro, I had it mentioned in the red section at the bottom. The LSD I'm pretty sure is a bit advance for a "Beginners Guide" but I could be wrong. I'm not completely up to wind with the install and functions. But trust me, anyone wanting to do it, DO IT!! Joeyb has given nothing but great compliments on it.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Added links to How to RRE pulley install (with pictures) and how to motor mount install.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey bro, I had it mentioned in the red section at the bottom. The LSD I'm pretty sure is a bit advance for a "Beginners Guide" but I could be wrong. I'm not completely up to wind with the install and functions. But trust me, anyone wanting to do it, DO IT!! Joeyb has given nothing but great compliments on it.
Ohhh lol, guess I spaced out while reading.

My Rave Red Ride
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

It's all good bro, I'm not sure on the difficulty of install but I'm pretty sure it's up there. Maybe we can get Joey to chime in and let us know.
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
The lsd keeps us from being a one wheel wonder doesnt it?

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

yeah it applies power to both wheels instead of just one. it makes a drastic difference in whp and traction.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
JDMRIDE

Name: Ajdin/Aj
Vehicle: 2011/Eclipse/GS -94Golf 3
STL Eclipse 2011 is just really niceSTL Eclipse 2011 is just really niceSTL Eclipse 2011 is just really nice
so they do got an lsd for the gs right

http://club4g.org/board/members-ride...er-thread.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHILLY22 View Post
about time u got a signatue lol looks badass...
STL Eclipse 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

Yes they do http://www.roadraceengineering.com/4g.htm. Go to the bottom it's like 3 to last product

TapTalk....

My Rave Red Ride
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Yes they do Road Race Engineering's 4G Eclipse Parts and Performance. Go to the bottom it's like 3 to last product

TapTalk....
e-rep sir
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Nan Wu
Vehicle: 09 Eclipse GS
RetWu462 is on a distinguished road
Just contacted Injen and RRE. It seems that the newer eclipse GS with the Auto transmission does not have enough space for a CAI! The only option would be a SRI... Btw mine is 09

Last edited by RetWu462; April 17th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
RetWu462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetWu462 View Post
Just contacted Injen and RRE. It seems that the newer eclipse GS with the Auto transmission does not have enough space for a CAI! The only option would be a SRI... Btw mine is 09
I know plenty of people with auto GS's with CAI's. Injen's might not fit, but I know that DC sports CAI does for sure.

The newer eclipse's aren't any different in frame and engine compared to the 06-08, too my knowledge only the GT is slightly different, in being that it has 3 more hp.
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Tcsoccer09 has a fujita CAI on his '09 auto. So those work too.
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #31 (permalink)

Thanks. So I noticed you have an DC sports CAI. Do you feel gains in the lower RPMs? They are about $100 cheaper than Injen's. What do you have to remove in the car to allow the long CAI pipe to go down?
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

all I had to remove was the stock air intake honestly. and it fit perfect. but I felt the biggest difference in the mivec range. so 4k-6krpms
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
all I had to remove was the stock air intake honestly. and it fit perfect. but I felt the biggest difference in the mivec range. so 4k-6krpms
I thought it did not fit perfect, don't it hit your fog light ?

......Agustin.....

My Rave Red Ride
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds good. Hopefully I can get the Injen one's to fit under my hood.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:

......Agustin.....

My car does not come equipped with a fog light. Does that mean I will not have that problem?
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

......Agustin.....
Btw Agustin, does your car have a manual or auto transmission?
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Yeh if you don't have fogs then it should fit snug. But I will let you know, injen isn't the best choice for us. It branches into the intake manifold cover resonator and doesn't free up air flow as much as other that don't branch off do. And in order to make it function at the best of it's ability you have to find a plug to block off the second tube. You're better off going DC sports or Fujita in my opinion
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:

......Agustin.....
It's really tight around my fog light. I took the light bulb out, but It could fit with it in. I just didn't like the idea of the filter being right against it
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeh if you don't have fogs then it should fit snug. But I will let you know, injen isn't the best choice for us. It branches into the intake manifold cover resonator and doesn't free up air flow as much as other that don't branch off do. And in order to make it function at the best of it's ability you have to find a plug to block off the second tube. You're better off going DC sports or Fujita in my opinion
Then why would any CAI connect to the intake manifold anyway? Sry I'm a noob.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

The stock one does because it is a resonator. It basically was used to dub down our air flow. Our car is ridiculous when it comes to being restrictive. So you want to stay away from that as much as possible. The stock are system has like 2-3 resonators, another resonator on the actually intake manifold, 3 cat convertors and another resonator in the exhaust

Tags
4cyl, aem, body, brake, cai, carbon, cars, custom, eclipse, exhaust, exhaust system, fuel, gas, good, headers, hood, intake, kit, modding, parts, question, rre underdrive pulley, short ram intake, tune, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.